• Total voters
YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you have been grinding the tournament for several hours and now in the bubble with low stack. You are dealt AA at CO, UTG & UTG+1 shove all-in both covering your low stack. Would you call all-in possibly loosing everything with a bad beat from several villains in the hand (possible also to at least triple your stack & continue with the tournament) or fold and be guaranteed ITM? Pls cast your votes!

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless its a satellites, and we already have enough chips to cash, AA preflop is a call all day, even if the entire table has already moved all-in. Its a great chance to build a big stack and make a run for the final table. Of course if you are on some kind of freeroll like a platinum pass for the PSPC, and a min-cash would really improve you life situation, then you could choose to go for "the one bird in the hand rather than the ten on the roof". But thats the absolute exception. If we cant afford to lose the buyin, we should normally not be in a tournament to begin with.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think the answer here is obvious with such a hand you will always call and go to the end at least all 9 players will be in the hand

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Fold should be never a real option so ...

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you are in a situation similar to @fundiver199 , which happens very rarely, it really is a big exception, it would even be understandable, but other than that, all in ALWAYS!!!

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If the card is good, of course all in

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If the person who went all in before you is me, you shouldn't call.
But apart from that exception, go all in preflop your whole life with AA

M

Maximum

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are folding AA preflop in a tournament you can't place 1st :)

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow that's a really good question, sometimes I've asked myself the same thing, but I think this comment below is the right one!
Pd. The example of the birds convinced me
Unless its a satellites, and we already have enough chips to cash, AA preflop is a call all day, even if the entire table has already moved all-in. Its a great chance to build a big stack and make a run for the final table. Of course if you are on some kind of freeroll like a platinum pass for the PSPC, and a min-cash would really improve you life situation, then you could choose to go for "the one bird in the hand rather than the ten on the roof". But thats the absolute exception. If we cant afford to lose the buyin, we should normally not be in a tournament to begin with.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fully agree with the AA situ, however how about same situation and you are holding QQ ? JJ?

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'm so cool, or maybe stupid and inexperienced, that I will support all-in with a worse hand.)))

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would fold at that spot because i would want one of them to get eliminated so i am ITM . and you dont want to go all in with AA against 2 people at once . well i mean 2 people is "ok" still ....but not when you are on the bubble imo .

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Devil's advocate: Low stacks at BN, BB, & SB can also call all-in. More hands, higher risk for AA in a bad beat. Call all-in risks to bust out and miss out entirely. Fold guarantees ITM and continuing with the tourney to grind for the top spot. Would you heed Stu's advise at this time?

Fold and live to fold again. -Stu Unger

Last edited:
Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you are looking to maintain and achieve a minimum, you can choose not to pay, and regret it hand in hand, but if you are looking to have your best performance, I recommend paying and playing with risk, there are no safe hands but first class hands.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.
My own poker strategy is mix of all in and fold moves. It's impossible to win the tournament if there is only one type of moves.
I think so.

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
It always depends on the tournament and the situation. I myself have often been eliminated with AA as a bubble boy, because a big stack said with his eg. he has to call with his Q9o.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fully agree with the AA situ, however how about same situation and you are holding QQ ? JJ?
That is more situational and depend on stack sizes, and what reads you might have on the two all-in players. There are rare spots, where the NASH equilibrium has us calling preflop with only KK and AA. This hand is not from a bubble but from a Fifty/50 SnG, which is somewhat similar ICM-wise. I thought, AKs was an easy call here, but according to ICMizer this was actually a major blunder costing me 1,3% of the price pool. So against two all-ins we often need to play tighter, than we instinctively think :)

valduer

valduer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Can be a tough call in the bubble but I would still go all in. You got great EV and it might revive our title chances or at least to go deep

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you want to win poker, don't get tired of folding, that's what old poker players say.

VikK030p13

VikK030p13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You always need to play by position at the table and on the cards. Poker is a very conservative game but the fate of luck should also be

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
I would go all in. Go big or go home.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So you have been grinding the tournament for several hours and now in the bubble with low stack. You are dealt AA at CO, UTG & UTG+1 shove all-in both covering your low stack. Would you call all-in possibly loosing everything with a bad beat from several villains in the hand (possible also to at least triple your stack & continue with the tournament) or fold and be guaranteed ITM? Pls cast your votes!
Hi.
Call 100%. Without any thought. A pair of aces is worth the risk. What's the point of playing poker if you want to fold such a hand :)

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on what is at stake prize wise, and how much it means to you.
also if it is a satelitte with 10 places paid and 11 players left, you should fold (but could go allin too if you have the others covered.)

Folding in Poker