All in with As ?

K

karmakoumas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ,
when i play tournament no limit holdem, there is always a point where multiple player go all in, 3, 4 or five player, and you have to choose to do the same or not, specially when you have As , king, queen or jack in your hand.
i think that in this condition it would be better to have a king, queen,jack, or 10 than As, because there is more probability of player that goes all in with As in there hand and that decrease your chance of winning.
what's your opinion ?
:icon_salu

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If several people ahead of me go all in and they have me covered I’m reluctant to go all in even with AA unless I’m very short. The more players the greater the chance of losing, even with AA. I know it theoretically the right move due to pot odds but if it’s a tournament I’d wait for a better time, again unless I’m short then it’s praying time.

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
must wait for the right time to do all in..the best choose is fold :D

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's how i play

According to the situation you have, At the beginning of the tournament, in the bubble, for entering the final table
I try to play hands like AA, AK, AQ in an aggressive way when I play with players who pay most hands, because they can put together any project, also when I am about to enter the final table, because at most there are 5 or 6 Players, that means there are not many strong hands.
At first I have no problem folding those hands because losing chips in weak hands is not justified.

Obrudzsahad32

Obrudzsahad32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all in mostly with AA but this is not a good idea,because I louse again and again:confused::confused:

K

karmakoumas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all in mostly with AA but this is not a good idea,because I louse again and again:confused::confused:

Yes, you have to think about it.
maybe sometimes all in AA is good when there is a little number of player or in cash games.
But in tournament think twice before you do it ;)

J

Jasbleidy0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, its have the best equality but nothing is sure

W

WarrenCushing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If 5 people are already all in and have you covered, you likely will lose. Odds are somebody will hit their card to make a set. Against 1 or maybe 2 players, odds are on your side, you might as well get your money in because it's some of the best odds you will see. If I can afford it I would play them with the whole table in. If I was waiting for the bubble to pop I would only go against 1 or 2 players tops. Sometimes you don't know how many people after you will jump in, but you can get a good idea, if there's a lot of likely jumpers I would just limp and hope to see a flop.

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to try and play the table as best as possible but yeah so many times I’ve been beat after going All In preflop with AAs or KKs and someone will hit on the turn or the river. I guess it’s a mix of chip stack, position, aggressive players and stuff like that more that your personal cards.

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the context of the game, your stack, but if the all in is pre floop there is no point in folding since you are in front of any other hand

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Consider the following from the pot odds Calculator. Against 1 random hand AA is a huge favorite, but as you add more callers, the chances of winning go down significantly. This is even worse when you are playing Ax, Kx, ect. At that point you are just playing "bingo" poker. Poker is (or should be) a game of skill. If you are a skilled player then you do not want to get it all in when the odds are not in your favor. Wait for better spots that provide more profitable opportunities.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-15 21.55.19.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-04-15 21.55.19.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2020-04-15 21.55.51.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-04-15 21.55.51.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2020-04-15 21.56.43.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-04-15 21.56.43.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 17
K

karmakoumas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Consider the following from the Pot Odds Calculator. Against 1 random hand AA is a huge favorite, but as you add more callers, the chances of winning go down significantly. This is even worse when you are playing Ax, Kx, ect. At that point you are just playing "bingo" poker. Poker is (or should be) a game of skill. If you are a skilled player then you do not want to get it all in when the odds are not in your favor. Wait for better spots that provide more profitable opportunities.

Thank you it resume what i'm talking about.
i would like to ask a question about being a league member.
how can i join a cardschat league ?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will go all in preflop with AA every time except if i am very close to the bubble and putting my tournament life on risk unnecessary. With other hands (even KK or QQ) it depends on the situation (type of players against you) if a multi way pot is developing.

T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not calling with AA preflop, no matter if everyone in the table has shoved, is a mathematical mistake. Sure, there might be some ICM very specific scenarios where you might have to fold, but as a general rule AA is just gold.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Everyone has their own game strategy. If more than 3 players go All-in and my stack is small, I’m smaller than A, K or KK, I won’t enter the game.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you it resume what i'm talking about.
i would like to ask a question about being a league member.
how can i join a cardschat league ?

We are in week 2 of CC League right now. It runs for 11 weeks and then we start a new season. This is done by watching this thread: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-league-43/ and when you see a sign up for the Summer League, going in and getting on the list. You want to do it as early as possible because we only have a certain number of Captains (I am a Captain and to be eligible, you have to have played at least 1 season) and there are only 5 members of each team (including the Captain). So, this season we have 28 teams which only left 112 spots for players. You are added to the list in the order of signing up in the thread, that is why signing up early is very important.

If you have any other questions, feel free to write me back or DM me.

K

karmakoumas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are in week 2 of CC League right now. It runs for 11 weeks and then we start a new season. This is done by watching this thread: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-league-43/ and when you see a sign up for the Summer League, going in and getting on the list. You want to do it as early as possible because we only have a certain number of Captains (I am a Captain and to be eligible, you have to have played at least 1 season) and there are only 5 members of each team (including the Captain). So, this season we have 28 teams which only left 112 spots for players. You are added to the list in the order of signing up in the thread, that is why signing up early is very important.

If you have any other questions, feel free to write me back or DM me.

thank you for the response.
if i understand well the inscription in the summer league this season is closed and i have to wait for the nest season.
is there other league where i can participate. if you know and can tell me it would be nice .
thank you.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that if you are in the money, then giving up AA is a sin.

S

Scottish77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its very hard to fold AA pre flop ..i cant say i have ever folded AA pre flop and i have been playing poker for almost 15 years ..sure it will lose sometimes but its an all-in from me everytime without thought

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK

I am in the same way, sometimes it's better to have a Queen than an As...

It's hard to call the all in's with AK cause i lost lot of money with thies shit...

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

its very hard to fold AA pre flop ..i cant say i have ever folded AA pre flop and i have been playing poker for almost 15 years ..sure it will lose sometimes but its an all-in from me everytime without thought

Is an All in hand

J

johnjohn87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ,
when i play tournament no limit holdem, there is always a point where multiple player go all in, 3, 4 or five player, and you have to choose to do the same or not, specially when you have As , king, queen or jack in your hand.
i think that in this condition it would be better to have a king, queen,jack, or 10 than As, because there is more probability of player that goes all in with As in there hand and that decrease your chance of winning.
what's your opinion ?
:icon_salu

If there are 9 players at a table and every single one is all in, aces have a 33% chance of winning i believe. so if you're one of the other with j,10 then your odds are signifcantly less than that. 4 of you with j,10. k, q 9,8 6,7. would share roughly 16% chance of winning each. So give me aces always.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If 5 people are already all in and have you covered, you likely will lose. Odds are somebody will hit their card to make a set. Against 1 or maybe 2 players, odds are on your side, you might as well get your money in because it's some of the best odds you will see. If I can afford it I would play them with the whole table in. If I was waiting for the bubble to pop I would only go against 1 or 2 players tops. Sometimes you don't know how many people after you will jump in, but you can get a good idea, if there's a lot of likely jumpers I would just limp and hope to see a flop.
You're right. Odds against 5 x all in are allways very low.

K

karmakoumas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're right. Odds against 5 x all in are allways very low.

Yes, when 4 or more player are all in i think that the result will not be the one odds expect.
And that's why i think you can fold on pre-flop even with AA