AKs. cooler or not

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is the 4 best hand in poker

oki guys, no HH but the hand is pretty simple so plz do not blame on me :)
I[/B]

if you lose with AKs doesn´t mean that AK doesn´t have strenght, actually it has more than 60% of chances to win, but you have tokeep in mind that not always you will have the bst hand when the board is fully delivery, no matter what hand you have at the beginning, when you only have two cards and hands with three, four or five will be ahead of yours, so don´t despair if you lose sometimes when having a monster because those things happens

and regarding the specific hand, well you could suppose that the villain got something better and maybe better if you fold but still was a tough call without more info about the villain

etherghost

etherghost

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you lose with AKs doesn´t mean that AK doesn´t have strenght, actually it has more than 60% of chances to win, but you have tokeep in mind that not always you will have the bst hand when the board is fully delivery, no matter what hand you have at the beginning, when you only have two cards and hands with three, four or five will be ahead of yours, so don´t despair if you lose sometimes when having a monster because those things happens

and regarding the specific hand, well you could suppose that the villain got something better and maybe better if you fold but still was a tough call without more info about the villain

If I understand odds correctly, AK preflop against weaker pocket pair is a coin flip situation. If you miss the flop, AK looses about 20% strength. It's chance of winning is now around 2:1 underdog. And if you miss turn it now has only around a 5:1 underdog chance of winning. That's just generalization and I am not considering straight or flush draws in my calculations.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guys we are in a 3$ where most of the kids overplay their hands.

This is a mistake for the stack depth coz I wasted a tournament with a tough play when not necessary. This is the problem.

Being short vs that field I would have put all in the mddle nmw.

@duggs. It's a 2/3 flop bet- Agree with the fold even though I am asking coz I see so many people on the site doing a kind of "raise for info"
At that stack depth which allow us to play our edge it is very tough.
KJ anyway is in the calling range of villain.

The real problem HERE in this spot the IS THE READ on villain THAT completely change the decision.
The real problem here is to have shoved no info.

I assure you, in a similar scenario, this push let you print money vs loads of the villains of the site

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a range question.

What in his range are you beating? What in his range beats you?

When you go all in, you should know why. Either to gain value from worse hands, or to cause better hands to fold.

In this spot I don't think going all in will accomplish either. Going all in will cause hands like KQ, KT and QT to fold and will cause hands like 2 pair and sets to call.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
600 into 750 is not a 2/3 pot bet. You really shouldn't be betting much more than 350 on this flop, when you bet that big and get min raised, it's a clear fold unless this guy is a spewtard.

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oki guys, no HH but the hand is pretty simple so plz do not blame on me :)
I'd like to know your opinion regarding.
Is it a cooler? do u consider it so?? I consider it as a fnk huge mistake!!! I usually pretty nit in - calling all the stack- unless i feel safe on doing it

Hero were 2x avg with the 2nd bigger stack at the table, we were on the right track playing well with a very good timing and the table. even though was a 3$, was alright (ppl respecting raises, 3bets, ect)

table 9 handed. mtt 3$ BI. 10 min blinds @ 50/100 no ante (level just started).

Hero is utg and holds AdKd. Opens to 300
all fold to HJ who calls.
all fold, blinds fold as well-.

two players in the pot.
flop came: KJ6

Hero (5.5k) cbet 600
Villain (6k)raise 1240

Hero shoves and finds villain with t2p.

Honestly my finger clicked push instead of fold, dunno why... I usually have folded there but so often come up that I overthink too much in the hand reading ending up folding lots of time the best hand.

I found an excuse to call basically.

it's a silly hand, I know, and now i wrote it, looks to me even more as a mistake. :( (i wont delete it after have written it whilst playing and messing up with the cg lol :D)

When you see people miniraising ip at you in a tournament (suppose that there are no info), what kind of consideration do u do? do u see as a sign of strength ? or weakness ??

How did you know this fellow did not have pocket 6's or K6 or J6? Actually, his huge reraise would have indicated to me that he had a pocket pair higher than the top pair on the board (so he slow played AA) and that would have been enough to scare me away from a call. I would be thinking either AA in the pocket slow-played or a set. Even though I would ahve been wrong, my guesstimation would have kept me from calling.

I think it is a bad call unless this particular player has shown a a propensity for bluffing in which case you were trapped on this particular hand.

E

efh0888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At these stakes, min raise on the flop almost always means a nutt-ish type hand. Really what can you beat of his range that makes sense for this raise? K-10 and K-Q are basically it, but even those hands he probably just flats. Everything else is a tie or crushing you.

Personally, unless he was being hyper aggressive, in which case his range there could be much wider, I would probably fold and look for a better spot.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding would have been the better play.