nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AK, on the bubble it's dangerous, but I would play aggressive preflop and if I didn't hit the flop, I would try to win with the cbet and check/fold the turn if I didn't hit and he kept calling and/or betting big

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Worth bearing in mind that the wsop ME bubble boy last year exited with AA.... :flute:

Not sure what that necessarily implies exactly but worth thinking about... :wink:

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it really depends, if i fold and i'm sure of the money then i would consider a fold, i'm one of the shorter stacks on the bubble? i would probably have to call it and if i bust so be it same goes for AA KK QQ etc, also depends on the buy-in of the tournament, and the pos im on at the table, but sometimes the min cash isnt worth folding a decent hand

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last night in the ACR $100 Freeroll I had AKo on the bubble (27 places pay) and it was raised in front of me. I folded and went on to finish 6th. Would I have played different if it was suited? I probably would have folded as the villain was a tight player and I didn't want to play what was a drawing hand (AK is a drawing hand and people sometimes forget that) against a probable premium pair. Gut feeling played a part in this decision. My gut feeling said not to get involved against Mr. Tight. If I could have been the raiser instead of the caller maybe it would have been different. Position Position Position

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything always depends on the amount of chips you have and the players you are facing. If you have few chips and you are going to play an all-in against the one with the most chips on the table preflop I would not advise you to do that, but of course if you already saw the flop and there is an ace, zero possibility of full house or straight, then that is a different story and all that remains is to tighten the nuts. You have to play smart as some say around here since sometimes luck is not on our side even with a pair of aces. Regards.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you do with AKs on the bubble. I had it the other day and played it and lost. Opponent got a lollipop on the river. Do you always play it safe on the bubble? I was playing to win the tournament and probably would do the same thing again.:deal:
Yes, you can easily push in such situations, and would not call, the minimum that can be done is a re-raise, firstly, to collect value from the player and secondly, so that he does not see the flop cheaply, according to your situation, it is not lucky slightly, it happens ..