AK near 10BB's

S

SlackerInc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are antes I'm shoving every time. Without antes I don't mind a 3bb raise and shoving any flop, the only decision you will have to make is when you see a flop, miss and someone puts you all in before you get a chance to shove...

This. It also depends (if there are no antes) on table dynamics (if not for 15BB stacks, then for 20 or some number where things get borderline), as others have said. If people are eager to call shoves with bad aces, then there's a lot more value in it than if you're liable to get called by middle pairs (and of course big pairs) but not bad aces. And in any borderline stack situation, position would matter as well (if I have a borderline stack, whatever we define that as, and I'm in EP, I might just want to limp or minraise).

And then there's ICM if it's a bubble situation; there's also your Q (your stack compared to the average stack).

Last edited:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i will never push a/k again..i lose with that combo every time i push..and always to a lower combo usually a small pr 7s or lower..
Never is a terrible thing to say.

There are plenty of situations where an AK shove is optimal. I'm sure you've picked up plenty of wins with an AK shove in key situations, but just remember the losses. So, you're probably just being result oriented.

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the table but i'd
either limp or push...