CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What are the key considerations when facing an aggressive player at a Texas Hold'em poker table?

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing with the best cards possible, and even then, most of the time, a bad one happens.

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think you have to be willing to pay times than usual after the flop even on the turn because if the opponent has a very aggressive way of playing he will often not have a great hand is my opinion

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Playing against aggressive poker players can be a frustrating experience. It's annoying when you're the one taking the aggression from your opponents. This is especially true if they have a position on you. The basic strategy for beating aggressive players is to use your aggression against them. This means that you should not try to fight them so actively. Of course, there will be times when the best course of action will be to defend with another raise, but more often than not, the best way to beat them is to learn to make their aggression your weakness, rather than your strength. The easiest and most effective way is to call with a wider range than you normally would.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The key factor will probably be your patience. Only your patience will allow you to wait for a good moment and take away the chips of your aggressive opponent.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
You need to be patient and wait for the opening. He will be taking small amount of chips from you all the time. You are banking to take big from him in one swing when I overplays his crappy hand, banking that you'll keep on folding or getting so pissed that you'll all in with anything.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What are the key considerations when facing an aggressive player at a Texas Hold'em poker table?
I would close my game a lot, very tight waiting for a good hand for me and discover him with marginal cards and betting very hard already knowing that he is aggressive

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you meet an unreal aggressive poker player, you just have to wait for a strong hand to play a big hand with him and let him be number one, he will do everything for you just wait and gather a strong hand and he will give you a lot of chips I always try to play this way Another way to play against an aggressive player more aggressive than him also helps if you have eggs:Roflmao:

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's going to be a combination of position and possible 3-betting. If the player that's "agging" their way to the chip lead is on your left, then a decent starting hand if going to come in handy. It may take a little patience or flat out being aggressive yourself. Don't be afraid to ship-it when in the BB if they pick on you, especially if you have decent holdings. This can get you a little respect and a possible walk at a crucial stage in the trny. ;)(y)

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Patience, a lot of patience to wait for the right moment for them to fall into a kind of trap, the problem is that many times when you beat them they become more aggressive, others tend to think a little more ahead and calm down a bit, thinking that it is already too risky

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
better not to fall in the mistake of playing more hands against them and stick to your strategy

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always count on a good hand against such players and go all-in on any raise, in many cases this aggression subsides.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like aggressive opponents. Thanks to their aggression, they reveal their weaknesses, which I always use. I just wait for a good situation and double my stack :)

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Most live players are aggressive. You need to be aggressive yourself. If you are talking about how to play against a maniac (someone raising and jamming every hand from any position) then you just need patience. Aggressive play doesn’t necessarily mean always raising and always betting. You can be aggressive by checking and manipulating your opponent. Poker is a hustle, have fun and good luck!

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Firstly I would recommend avoiding playing out of position against them. Tighten up your range by a pip or two.
Conversely though, you can open up your value range in position because villain is opening wider, but I would also drop out a lot of the 3bet bluffs.
Call down lighter. Aggressive players rely on weaker players folding too much. If they are opening wider, and c-betting more than they should, you need to adjust calling wider.

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Tight play is an excellent choice against aggressive players, and you need to understand approximately what range of raising such a player has and take chips

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Put them to the test! All in will test them!

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A lot of patience, until one hour you'll have a game, you check, he'll want to come back and you ALLIN!:unsure:(y)

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i often try to trap them . especially with a set . and when i know i am dominating him/her i will either let him/her aggressively bet and raise OR i will just push my chips in myself when i feel that i will get called . of course prior to this i will observe how he/she plays exactly and how aggressive he/she is in the first place

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you need to be initially predisposed to calmness, because it’s not easy to endure how a fish autocall badbeating u. and of course play tighter if we are talking about low limits

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Aggression in poker is different. There are maniacs who have aggression for the sake of aggression and they do it mindlessly, and there are regular players in whom aggression is used in order to take the initiative and so that their range is polar, to mask their hands and so that the nuts are paid when they are not trusted. Against maniacs, it is better to play with better hands and definitely slowplay with nuts. Against aggressive regulars, it is best to mirror play against them using 3bets (including bluffing 3bets) and not patience, as was written above, because if you wait for better hands, they will look up and constantly raise you, so you need to show that you are not a chair and put them in their place ). Of course, against a maniac, you can double your stack, but against a moderately aggressive player, this is unlikely. Hardly an understanding player will bet three huge barrels on three streets against tight players because if they have nothing they will fold to the second bet, also an aggressive regular will fold on your reraise or allin because if you are careful you have no bluffs. Therefore, you should not expect yourself to double your stack against the aggressor - it will be extremely rare and all the raises he will make when you have a bad hand will not even come close to how many blinds he will steal from you in the long run. Of course, at the final tables with equal stacks and the presence of shorter stacks, it is not profitable to come up with a bicycle and respect the ICM model, therefore, only in this case, play more carefully. Don't be afraid of aggressive players - be them!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we are talking about deep stacks, but a lot depends on the player, there are quite strong players who are increasingly limping with a strong range and play based on your aggressiveness, and be ready to get a raise

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try to use their aggression against them. Aggressive players are forced to bluff often, and this is their weak point. Knowing this, you can beat them if you carefully watch their game.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You just need to understand how aggressive he is and then his range will be obvious. And in general, playing with maniacs is quite simple.