Is this against the rules?

M

muddawgg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
being you were all at the same table when you were disconnected it seems unfair for the others to take advantage of you..I could understand tring to out last a sitter.

N

NJ08512

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This issue is not a clear as many seem to think....

While people are often disconnected for reasons beyond their control, many use sitting out as a means to effortlessly win money.

If mid-point in a game, with a big stack, a person could go into auto-fold and then go off and start playing in another game, knowing that they have second or third locked. I find this to be a nasty action.

Regardless of the reason/modivation of the setting out player, should I be penalized because I am not sitting out and playing the game?

Several times I have initiated action to blind out a sitting out player, and I will continue to do so when inaction will result in a monetary loss to me.

larkem

larkem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not cheating. If you disconnect it is well within the players rights to blind you off and move up in the pay ladder!! It isnt their fault that u disconnected they can blind you off if they chose too. If some1 leaves teh table in live they would do the same thing.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys you don't understand the question, I know it is legal to chip out people when they are sitting out but they were DISCUSSING about doing it and telling each other their hands.... (really not sure why there were telling each other their hands but that isn't the point)

larkem

larkem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea theres no point in telling each other their hands! Theres nothing wrong with bliding people out that are sitting out. It doenst really have any effect on what they are doing if they know what each other has in their hand anyway.

Thewebmaster

Thewebmaster

Freeroll #2 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't understand this point

If mid-point in a game, with a big stack, a person could go into auto-fold and then go off and start playing in another game, knowing that they have second or third locked. I find this to be a nasty action.

Regardless of the reason/modivation of the setting out player, should I be penalized because I am not sitting out and playing the game?

Hi all,
I'm not sure I understand this point being made, if someone has worked hard building there stack to the point where they can sit out and comfortably come in the money before battling for 1st then that's fine, that's actually a strategy that I quite often use, I don't leave the table but I sit-out instead of continously battling it out, what's the point if I can make the money? It's not penalizing you. At the end of the day the ultimate goal is to make the money.
I think the sit-outs that most dislike are ones that register for a freeroll only to sit out without even pulling the software up and coming in the money. Of course all of this is ok and no-one is breaking any rules.

The main point of this thread though was to determine wether the collusion part was illegal which in fact it was, if the two in question had just kept blinding the others out that would be fine, the fact that they told each other what their cards were was not ok and maybe should be reported.

Tony :)

Poker Rules - Poker Games