Advice on moving up to higher buy ins for MTTs

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your goals. If you want to win more or try your hand at a more serious competition, then you can go further. I think it's a good idea to move up the poker ladder of multi-table tournaments.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This really is a question about how you manage your bankroll. For MTTs I used to keep 200 buyins in my BR and wouldnt have more than 5% of my total BR in play at once. So as BR started to exceed the 200 buyins Id take shots at higher stakes. Still having 200 buyins for lower stakes until I was fully rolled for the higher stakes. If I did it again I might be a little more agressive with the BR. But id figure all this out before I started playing.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you two. What I think is best for me right now, is to stop thinking about moving up. I just need to slow down, and play my best game at the level I'm at right now. I'm back at the point where I'm going up and down. Just like standing still. And from what you said cardplayer, my BR is no where close to playing any higher than $5.50 buyins for MTTs and I'm going to have to stay at 10nl cash games. Thanks again and GL on all your tables.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hay again jordanbillie. I sent you a message. Did you get it? Anyway, what site are those freerolls on? I will try them.

I got the pm and just replied. I hope you win something nice over these last 6 days. :D

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you two. What I think is best for me right now, is to stop thinking about moving up. I just need to slow down, and play my best game at the level I'm at right now.

This is solid advise. I wish I did this when I used to play. I played so many tables I didnt play my best game.

Study away from the tables was big. But if I focused more on the players at the table, and players ranges, I feel Id of improved a lot faster. Although I was +ROI I realize my game has huge holes.