Aces 2nd Hand

D

deedbr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. There is not much you will be ahead of and there are many hands you will be behind.

You can win a tourney without Aces. They aren't a magical ticket. When you get to the point in the tournament where everyone is shoving preflop then they will be worth the most to you. I am sure in the early stages of tournaments, I make much more with one gap suited connectors or some random garbage and position than I ever do with aces.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in a tourney and u havn't really made it over the hump, I mean theres no guarantee your going to make it through the start... You'd have to go all-in and hope to get callers and double up/triple up to get an advantage and healthy chip stack.

D

deedbr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in a tourney and u havn't really made it over the hump, I mean theres no guarantee your going to make it through the start... You'd have to go all-in and hope to get callers and double up/triple up to get an advantage and healthy chip stack.

Are you talking pre flop. You are the first one in early in a tournament and you are going all in with aces. I personally would never play them that way. At a certain level of play you will double up extremely rarely and mainly just pick up a tiny pot.

F

Flsnookman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also feel the 3x BB raise +1 for each caller is the way to go here. Imho in a tourny even a satty you want to maximize your gains and minimize your losses. That raise may push a lot of atc players out yet its small enough to lay down if a flop like this comes. I am glad it worked out for you but early on in a tourny that's a really ugly board for AA. I find that early on most people seem to play connectors and suited cards a lot and also any two face cards all of which have AA in bad shape after this flop. Good luck.

mauikisi

mauikisi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is an insta fold.

Since he limped pre from the button he can easilly have you crushed with KQ, 78ss, JT, T9, etc.

Let's say he pushes with straight draw, then the only draws he can have (as played) is AQ, QJ, QT. I take AQ out because I think he woulda raised it pre on the button, so you basically have QJ and QT (13 outs) in best case scenario.

He also could have shoved with flush draw, but he can also have a 86ss kind of hand that would give him 15 outs! So, if he has a 45ss kind of flush draw (best kind of hand you're dealing with in this spot), I don't think he pushes it, I think he just call or check behind in that spot because don't forget it's a scary board for him too, so he knows he's getting called a lot of times. So I take those kind of flush draws out too.

So, in best case scenario you're on a flip, not to mention that 2 pair and a straight (very likely as played in that board) crushes you there.

I really wouldn't put my stack in on the 2nd hand with those odds, too risky.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands