Accidental Tournament Registration

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult to register in a tournament by mistake because there are two confirmations for entering and if a mistake occurs, you only have to play well

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Oh boy. I’m sorry to hear this. Anything can happen right. Especially if registering last minute. Luckily it had not happened to me…… YET!!!

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did it once at ACR, you're supposed to get the next pop up to verify you want to register but I don't remember doing that, of course when boxes do come up I usually click blindly to get rid of them fast so I will never know the truth.
I was registering for a $1.65 SnG and ended up in a $100 HU with one of those fools who have registered to 4 or 5 and just wait for victims.
it started immediately so had no choice to play, did ok for a while but lost in the end.
I reported it but they saw that I played it so no refund.
I told them to check my history of many years of $1 and $3 only but they said people take shots.
I still swear no box popped up but who knows.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No, it hasn't happen to me yet, but if you get in to the game just play and enjoy!

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
has happened but not for half my bankroll. A couple times I meant to sign up for the satellite but instead bought a ticket to the tourney. If you do it with 2 minutes or less, threes no backing out.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
who will pay you back and what if the tournament has already started??? Perhaps before the start they can return the TM in tournament money. In general, this is nonsense.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did it once at ACR, you're supposed to get the next pop up to verify you want to register but I don't remember doing that, of course when boxes do come up I usually click blindly to get rid of them fast so I will never know the truth.
I was registering for a $1.65 SnG and ended up in a $100 HU with one of those fools who have registered to 4 or 5 and just wait for victims.
it started immediately so had no choice to play, did ok for a while but lost in the end.
I reported it but they saw that I played it so no refund.
I told them to check my history of many years of $1 and $3 only but they said people take shots.
I still swear no box popped up but who knows.

This was my situation also.

I had bought late registration and it just started right away.

So I folded 94o and then noticed the tournament didn't look correct.

One fold and that would be enough to indicate that I was playing the tournament.

So - I continued to play - hoping to cash.

Waiter I don't like what you brought me - even though I ate 3/4 of it!

LOL

who will pay you back and what if the tournament has already started??? Perhaps before the start they can return the TM in tournament money. In general, this is nonsense.

I would have accepted any refund offered.

But after my first fold I thought it would indicate that I was playing the tournament.

And - I had hopes of cashing - which did not happen.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once it happened to me and I lost 25 dollars by mistake, so now I check the tournament I want to play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some sites allow you to set filters in the lobby, so you only see tournaments with a certain span of buyins. Currently on PokerStars I have the MTT lobby set to only display micro and low stakes buyins, which is anything up to 16,5$. So even if I was to accidentally register for a another MTT, than I intended to, it could never be for more than 16,5$.

Just want to add, that on pokerstars you can also go into the "responsible gaming" section and set all sorts of limits for yourself including a tournament buy-in limit and a cash game table limit. If you then later want to raise these, the changes will take 24 hours to approve. So there are many ways for us as players to protect ourselfes from making this kind of mistake, and hopefully this thread can serve as inspiration for some to start using them. Needless to say such limits can also be helpfull in other ways especially for people, who react to losses by jumping up to higher stakes, than they are bankrolled (or skilled) for ;)

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have satelliteed several times into tournaments that started too late local time. Not a very pleasant situation, of course.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Never happened to me thus far. Shame you didn't manage to at least min cash, fair play to you for trying.

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I did it again yesterday. happily i was able to cash x3.5 the buy in so not so bad.... lost the winings tho:D

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
On ACR and PS I have filters for buy in , micro tourneys less than $5 :)

It can happen to everyone , it sucks when it happens and sadly its very difficult to prove that you made it by mistake . Ofcourse if you play it , no way you pursuade them that you did it by mistake !!!!

I always see again and again the buyin dialog box ,

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already registered and forgot, "by mistake" I already made some calls playing several tables... :stoned:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have made this mistake as well. Never for 1/2 my bank roll thankfully but way beyond what I normally player. Thankfully I was able to unregistered before the game started so no harm there.

_L0ntana

_L0ntana

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened to me while I was in REGISTRATION, and I immediately CANCEL and they return my money.
But if you sign up for a Late Registration, there is no going back. I play it!!

rehktega

rehktega

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once registered for the 55 dollar tournament, thinking it was the 0.55 cent tournament, that day it hurt my soul lol I played in the most not active tournament with success.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've registered to tournaments by mistake but it's just as easy to deregister. I don't get it. I have also made the mistake of registering to a tournament but things turned up out of nowhere and had to do them and completely forgot about the tournament. But that's hardly a mistake. It's personal stupidity or as people like to call it, forgetting. Hated myself as these were decent tournaments with decent prizes and a few dollars buy-in when my bankroll was in the tens of dollars. However, I had to suck it up, calm down the chimp in my brain and do something else to make me forget the thing that brought me all of it because I'd forgotten something else. So there it is, forgetting can be both fruitful and destroyful. Ok, enough butchering of English language.

A few other times I registered to tournaments with rebuys and add-ons when I couldn't afford the rebuys and add-ons and only noticed when I got from 2nd place to last because I was the only one who couldn't add-on. Furious that made me, and not only once. That's why I only play freezeouts. May the best one win.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never had this problem, because it's usually possible to unregister afterwards. Most sites will always ask you to confirm that you want to enter the tournament.

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This just happened to me the other day I was playing on ACR when it was time to go. So I leave the table and put my.phone in my pocket thinking I had hit the sleep button. I'm pulling out of the driveway and I hear cards flying and chips rattling in my pocket.. some how in my pocket I registered for a $40 jackpot tournament.. !!!WTF!!! Not sure if I was supposed to do this but...
I handed my phone to my 16 year old son and said don't loose... he might have played 3 hands before handing me back my phone. .

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I accidentally registered for an expensive tournament that was half my bankroll.

Don't ask me how that happened - operator error is enough.

Once I realized what had happened I panicked and realized that I probably would not hear back from Support in time - if they even were so kind to cancel and refund.

So I chose to play it.

It was a small field and I did my best but did not cash.

Has this happened to you?

What did you do about it?

Do any online poker sites have a policy about this?

Thanks and good luck !

I once signed up for an NL 5-card draw tournament thinking that NL holdem was more in the buy-in range that I played well, I don't even know where this NL 5-card draw goes

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It already happened to me but it was no big deal, at the time i used to play 0.25 sng and multitabling but when one table completed pokerstars changed it to 0.50 cents turbo. I didnt realized until we got to semi final table. Now i always pay attention on the confirmation note :)

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already made a wrong registration, and I found that I have to be more patient.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh no, half the bankroll, damn if you win it all the way

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There were errors in registration, but not so big. I have signed up for other types of tournaments and it might be a bit more expensive than I could afford. So I did nothing and played. I think if the tournament has started, then something cannot be changed, you need to concentrate and play. I once won a ticket to an expensive tournament. There were many experienced players. I set a goal to get into the money. He played carefully, not as usual, but with minimal risk. I got into prizes. Good luck with the game and be careful!