AA pocket pair

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why wouldn't you go all in/bet big with pocket rocket? It is the strongest hand you can get pre flop. Statically, you will win about 80 percent of the time heads up.

Slow playing aces will only give your opponent(s) a chance to catch up.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great advice

I couldn't have said it better myself. Although I seem to loose a lot with them lately

If you are a good poker player, you should understand that you can wait for the best hand for a very long time. Moreover, you can expect a handful of coins and hope that a lot of people will go to the bank. pleasant fiction and everyone would like it. Therefore, the arrival of two aces at the beginning of the tournament, as in any other situation and at any stage of the tournament, must be played in a unique way. Raise, reraise, all-in. And you will have many percents against one player and almost half against 2-3. This is the best hand and you should be able to use it to double your stack. Good luck and do not be afraid to put all the chips with such a great hand !!:top::top::top:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Without a doubt, with such a strong pocket pair I would go all in.
Good luck.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usually, the most of the times I would not go all in at the beggining of any game. It depends from my appetite and the `behavior` of aces that period!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my opinion with such a strong pair, you have nothing to fear. Personally, I choose all in.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
3bet , of course, must be done.:cool:

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well there are several lines that you can adopt, none are better than the other. You need to consider the field you are in, how many chips your opponents already have, how they are playing etc. It will vary from adversary to adversary, in general you can adopt line limp, or call on a bet, or even raise. If you choose to raise you need to know which bet size is best, which again will depend on the quality of your opponents at the table.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is always a great hand....85% x 15% pre flop (with one opponent....) in 6 hands you will win 5 in this situation...

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is an AA pocket pair worth all-in at the start of an expensive tournament? please tell me your opinion, what would you do?

Yes, is the best possible hand to be dealt. I would go all-in with it at the start of the tournament to build my chip lead over others as I will have the advantage to see more hands.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree

What do you mean by "expensive"? Because, in reality, it's the moment to get some chips, and it's better not to slow play or try to trap your opponents, because it can end badly.
I would go all-in, and if it's really expensive, maximum 1 or 2 players maybe will follow you, but probably you'll only get folds.

I fully agree. Regardless of the value or stage of the tournament, AA is the best hand and you can not be afraid to go pre-flop allin. Really if it is simply paying or giving a simple increase you can run the risk of several vilos entering the pot and you end up losing the chance to double your chips. Go allin without fear of being happy !!!

B

blackdust_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'd personally go all in but i'd never enter a tourney that would cost more than $50. So for me the potential return for winning is definitely worth the risk. It is luck + skill, so go for it.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like slow playing any more AAs. Even when you raise a little you end up getting a lot of callers, now more hands can possible win. To myself I will play AAs all in or if someone else is all in I am quick to call.

If you have some luck your hands will hold, If you have no luck then those famous pocket 2s can win like low pockets have beaten my AAs or KKs or QQs and so on before in tourneys.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So big and professional players never play all-in AA or any other pair if they have 20 or more big blend. All and we can only play if we have less than 20 big blends. That's my opinion, and so I'm playing! Best regards!

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Rockets (AA) is usually a 50/50 for me. Depending on the position I might play slow or risk it.

Can't be looked at as the all mighty hand for sure. :)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If preflop is exactly AA is to go all-in, if the flop bet all-in with against multiple opponents it can be very risky, and if the flop and post-flop, then definitely I will not say here depends on the flop, turn, river, from opponents and manners of their game.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A couple of AA depends a lot, not my case is faster than everything!

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think that the size of the buy in matters your going to find donks at every stake i would be raising the heck out of them you know what they say win a little with aces or lose a lot

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I get burnt but I see what I can get out of them with a small chick bet. If someone raises just call.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the very least, you need to go with a big raise. So that your raise does not call the opponent with an average card.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're up against AK, you're probably a 90% favorite.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been there done that. The dilema arises when its a multiway pot and you all get to see the flop. AA vs suited connectors have diminished chances. KKs or QQs beat you when they hit set. So if its heads up i guess its ok but multiway is a bit risky specially if it means ending your Tourni Life. Another thing is: expensive should not be an issue since you should play within your bankroll and afford to take downswings while playing your games.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would play pocket aces the same no matter what the stakes are. if you play it different just because high stakes you might throw off you game.