AA pocket pair

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is an AA pocket pair worth all-in at the start of an expensive tournament? please tell me your opinion, what would you do?

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you mean by "expensive"? Because, in reality, it's the moment to get some chips, and it's better not to slow play or try to trap your opponents, because it can end badly.
I would go all-in, and if it's really expensive, maximum 1 or 2 players maybe will follow you, but probably you'll only get folds.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two aces

If you are a good poker player, you should understand that you can wait for the best hand for a very long time. Moreover, you can expect a handful of coins and hope that a lot of people will go to the bank. pleasant fiction and everyone would like it. Therefore, the arrival of two aces at the beginning of the tournament, as in any other situation and at any stage of the tournament, must be played in a unique way. Raise, reraise, all-in. And you will have many percents against one player and almost half against 2-3. This is the best hand and you should be able to use it to double your stack. Good luck and do not be afraid to put all the chips with such a great hand !!:top::top::top:

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully someone gan share the math.
My guess is that:
- it has nothing to do with expensive
- if the tourney is hyper, maybe
- if the tourney is deepstack, likely not

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anytime I get pocket AA I try to bet minimal till I see the flop. Once the flop is out then I determine if it's worth an all in bet.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would only go all in if I know that the other players go all in with not so good hands, or if I have more chips than the other players. In the other situations, I would bet and would try to build a big pot during the game.

B

bonanzaJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces all in advice

My name is Jason 'O Rourke. I'm an Irish poker playing fanatic. My answer to your question is as follows. Going all in with any pocket pair always depends on how many people are in the pot already. Always make a raise with Aces in first position to act. You do not want to invite any bad hands into the pot. They always hit. Then your in trouble.

If your one of the last people to act in the hand in a raised pot, be the first to move all in with your aces. You'll ony keep Kings, Queens, Jack's, 10s, 9,s 8s, AKs, AQs calling your all in. And these are all the hands you definatley want to keep in the pot. Now go have fun!

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Missiles are not fueled at all gaming sites. They explode on takeoff.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop no matter what value the tournament has in the initial stage, you have to play it, only preflop AA strips if you enter ITM with a high prize and if you have a classification already won from the rest, never throw AA.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
As you see there is alot of opinions on this
I personally would go all in
You can´t waste an AA, no mater what
Even if you are beaten by a 2/3 or 4/5 which it can happen but thats poker
Rgds

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is an AA pocket pair worth all-in at the start of an expensive tournament? please tell me your opinion, what would you do?

AA is worth an all in preflop under every condition whatsoever. Otherwise, why play?

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Expensive is the wrong way of looking at it. You should play within your bankroll and the math doesn't care how much your buy-in was.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Of course ... it is the perfect opportunity to try to quickly double and play with more comfort the rest of the tournament ... you should always call all-in with an AA pocket .... in my personal case I would only think about it If I'm in the bubble ...

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a 500k guarantee once where I had aces first hand
I raised 3 times bb and got reraised all-in
I went with it. it was aces versus kings
king on flop
I would do it again and again if it happened because the chances of it losing are slim
but it can lose
it just depends on you, your're in control of your stack
play it how you like

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's only worth an "all-in" if you can get someone to call. Winning the blinds with pocket rockets is pretty dismal.

Unless I thought I could induce a call, I would bet my normal sizing (maybe a touch more to tempt someone ) if I was raising in first.

If there were a few bets in front, I would bet something large (but not all in) to try to reduce the field to one or two callers, unless I thought an all-in raise would draw a caller anyway.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're afraid to play with AA, then why play poker at all.Even if a tournament with a billion dollar entrance, the game is worth the candle;)

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
day 2, 1 million guarantee, 180 to go, bubbles at 162. First hand middle position AA. I raise 4X fold fold cut off shoves all in folded around to my insta call. AKo he 4 card flushed me. I'm out 4 hands later. And YES i would shove/call there every time.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have the best starting hand in poker.. doesn't matter how expensive the tournament buy-in was.. you better be all in pre flop with that hand

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning it can lead to alot of folds, but you never know. I find waiting for the flop can actually be worse, anyone who calls might have a real shot at a good hand. I tend to jump the gun and go all in, and it usually works :)

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try to bet high enough pre flop to get down to 1 opponent and then bet accordingly after the flop .It doesn't have to be all in all the time . But if 1 player pushes you , you can't be afraid to shove with the best hand .

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The end result is...Yes. No matter how you break it down, Im Calling someones all in with the BEST preflop hand in poker . If it really is a "costly" tourney more than likely the people jamming all in preflop aren't doing it with DonkaDonk hands and moreso KK or QQ . Yes is my answer , $5 , $100 , $500000000 dollars....Calling all day

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would raise then see how the flop play goes would never be the shover, call an all in def. but you're beholden to lady luck. i've gotten plenty of aces in the first hand, shoved, got called by bs and i'm gone

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA vs KK is 82% favorite
AA vs 10 8 suited 78.26 % favorite
3 way pot AA vs KK vs 10 8 suited is a 62.44 % favorite

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's better not to slow play because it can end bad make a bet so you can get 1 or 2 players only .

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BRM, you should go all in. If you satellited a ticket to the venom or something crazy like that and your dubious maybe fold but even then I'd still call.

Your up against KK QQ AK, 4 to 1 (80%) favorite on KK QQ and 5 to 1 (89%) on AK.

Last edited: