AA in UTG position

A

alex trinh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it ever a good call to just all in preflop even if you have more than 12BB?

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we always want to raise these hands its standard, from UTG we want less people in the hand because depending on the stack size will depend on how you can proceed, if you limp in, your just asking ppl to crack you, it can work for you, but most of the time your only going to get stacks in if your beat after the flop, again though alot of it is to do with how you view your opponents, ive recieved AA and limped in in a 3 way pot because my opponent was showing that if i limped he was willing to shove, but thats situational, on a full ring table, or even 6 your wanting to thin the numbers in the pot, in failing to do so you need to act cautiously

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like the limp re-raise if I have 10 to 30 bbs, especially if the table has seen me limping with marginal hands and I know I am definitely going to be raised. UTG and the SB is the best two spots for making this move.

Obviuosly I wouldn't open limp all of the time, just every now and then to change it up a bit.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10-14bb stack: Shove
14bb+: Raise 2.4/5bb Call

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing aces utg at least me I bet out 4-5 bb,s -with the hopes of getting re-raised by only betting what I do it helps disguise my hand some,i want post flop action,but I have in the past just insta shoved ,but that's stack size dependant

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats depend of your stack. For me is all in with less than 15 BB because many players today pay anything, but with more than 15 BB I raise 5 BB to do some strong move in case of any possible project in flop, in case of re raise in my 5 BB bets then you must go all in to protect your hand. I now no many player want to play all in pre flop but like i said many player is paying with anything these days especially playing on line.

N

Nikita munko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are 20+ bb deep you should raise 3 bb,if 15to20 limp|raise, if 15 or less its shove al in.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only a raise, it's dangerous to go limp, if there's a raise or all in, it's mandatory to answer all in, well, and then watch what happens and hope that you will not move garbage like anything)))

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stack under 12BB it's all-in. More than 12BB stack, raise 3-4BB if someone goes all-in, go all-in.
Sometimes you should fold if flop is obviously flush or straight, like 3 cards with the same suit and none of your aces suit. Mostly go all-in, hard to find better situation.

Support this point of view)) In 3 of 4 cases you can make a big pot with such a hand from UTG!

U

unknownu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's usually 3bet if the last time was less aggressive, did not sit out, you can put more, they will still be stuck, only the main thing is to remember the more people in the pot, the more problems, even with AA;)

A

atila1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
up to 12 BB all in, otherwise standard rise 2,5-3 BB if someone rerise you ofc all in

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would normally raise about 5-6x the big blind and 3-bet or even 4-bet any on comers, if someone then shoves preflop due to your raise you to should shove, However if 4+ ppl shove then you know your AA has lost some equity so some might think twice about reshoving against 4+ shoves. However lol its the best possible hand preflop so if im to go out ill go out with AA thank you....

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have 3-bet or 4-bet and your bets just get call then you see the flop then evaluate your next move. But anyone calling a 3/4-bet usually would have similar hands or the next best hands to yours..

B

benjustben

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually throw it in... and yea getting beat by 85 sounds about right. yay! (you almost always will find peeps that "dont care" / "huuge stacks" at most any level. there is this guy i always see at the live tournys. dude will call with anything! sometimes hes got a massive stack,, but usually he the first one to rebuy!

W

WisdomMan87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
utg aa it looks weaker to shove 10ish bb . on the other hand if you raise utg it is a very strong line to take so thats when i might limp it if there are a couple agro players behind that will raise and i have 20+bb. on the other hand if it goes 6 ways to flop, pot control if it's a bad board ,if its 6 way often someone hit 2 pair or better. mixing it up will often keep people guessing to what you have

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If I am at utg I raise 3x , I don't want too many callers . If Im low stack I might go all in . If the board is dangerous I might check . All these depending opponent :) If its an i portant point in the tournament , all in , no risk .

Last edited:
EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely with 15 bb or less I go all-in, to get out of the way all these mediocre hands and projects that would put me in a delicate situation and if I have more than 20 bb will open for 4.
If I'm in UTG and comes cleaned it's all in.
If I am in UTG and it is raise by three it is all-in.

Nikita Dubinkin

Nikita Dubinkin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
on 9max opening 2.5bb or 2.75bb, when it's rather agrotable playing call (limp) and re-raise any bet)
on 6max 2.5bb raise preflop....

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start with a raise of 2-3 bb in the hope of a reraise or all in, and even if everyone folds that big and small blind and if there's an ante too it will be nice ... but if it came to the flop, then do not see if there's a straight Or flush ... and find the strength to throw off this hand if the opponent starts shoving.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're playing micro stakes, just go all in you'll get somebody that wants to call with A6 off. If there is an aggressive player at the table that you're pretty sure will raise, then you can limp and 3 bet them when they do raise. However the problem with that strategy is that you HAVE to be willing to fold if it doesnt get raised, there are too many callers and the board is tricky.

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're gonna limp re raise UTG with AA you gotta have some limp bluffs in your range too.

If you have no limps in your game then you should be opening up with your usual sizing. If you've been opening 2.5 BB preflop you should do nothing different with AA UTG.

Myself personally I come in for my usual 2.5X raise pre flop under the gun whether I have suited connectors, or AK or QQ, KK or whatever I plan on playing. My UTG range is wide enough to get action with my AA in that spot.

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to ask you guys how do you play this particular hand in this position because I was a few times in such a situation and it went bad. How do you open with this hand and what you do in different situations depending on how many callers u got, stack sizes, etc.?

very aggressive, that's my play. I hate that top pair. AA did not came with great benefits for me. Always in the opponent hand.:)

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play it with a x3 openraise , and if anyone goes all in I have to call , AA I play it in any position