AA at the start of an expensive tournament, someone goes all-win what do you do?call

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
That is, I have pocket aces, and of course I am ready to take risks, especially at the beginning of the tournament. I think that such a risk in such situations is absolutely acceptable.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is unquestionably a call, 100%.

Folding AA in this situation is a mistake.

If the buy-in is so expensive that we think about folding the best preflop hand possible, we are not following effective bankroll management and should be playing lower stakes.

Last edited:
SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I always go all-in with AA at the beginning of the tournament, if not AA, what with then cards should play with?:)
That's true. If I lose after this hand, it was my own fault to participate in such an exclusive tournament in the first place.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Call
Without any thought, and no matter how things turn out. Such cards undoubtedly deserve confident actions.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your goal is to try and win the tourney then I would suggest calling

Belpster

Belpster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is unquestionably a call, 100%.

Folding AA in this situation is a mistake.

If the buy-in in so expensive that we think about folding the best preflop hand possible, we are not following effective bankroll management and should be playing lower stakes.

Yes, completely agree, although I would have sweaty palms and would prob have to walk away from the table.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have doubts what to do in this situation, you shouldn't even register to the tournament.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
if there's not many players contending then I'd deffo call

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If I were in such a situation, then I would probably think a little about how to bet in defeat. But still, I would still call his offer, because if we are heads-up, then I have about 80% to win, but I think the call is justified, and no RNG has canceled the law, because in 80% of cases the RNG will be on the side appeal))

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would definitely call

however if there are several opponents in the hand going all in too then i might fold

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would call, and if for some reason I get a bad beat, I can walk away with that.....

Sadly I have never entered an "expensive" tournament so it's easy for me to say that now.......

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After swearing at the player, I call. AA the best hand, you have to call and take your chances.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I would call this all the time and pray not get a bad beat

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Y fold,and you?

When you enter an expensive tournament or any other, you know the risks you are taking, so if at the beginning of the tournament villain goes all-in and I have pocket AA , I don't think twice about calling, it would be the best opportunity to double my chips, although I find it hard to find this situation in an expensive tournament, but there's crazy for everything.

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No matter the buy in.. how could you not call? I would see it as how thus tournament is going to go if it holds up or not.. easy ITM!

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Of course you have to call. Put it this way: If this would not be the first or one of the first hands in the tournament, of course you would call. So why not in this situation?

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm calling all in 100% of the time. What are you gonna wait for if your not calling all in with AA. Especially in a big tournament get that first double up and then maybe play tight taking some chances in the blinds playing weaker hands as you wait for big ones

Y fold,and you?

T

TonyTadzh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great situation! You have to call in any tornament stage with pocket AA

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
if you don't call with the strongest hand in the deck, with what hand can you call ?
you can ask anybody, all will tell you go for it