Is a break of 5 minutes too long or too short?

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 5 minutes is fine not any longer as some tournaments are long enough,shorter would not give you time to go bathroom and grab something to eat.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minute best term - you can do your business and at the same time not to lose the game tone! Though every 2-3 hours you can take a break and more - 10 minutes!
Indeed after 4 hours it's nice to have a bigger break to eat something.
Sometimes the first break is too soon, because sometimes the tournament starts at XX:50 and 5 minutes later you already get a break.

M

mjarom21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just right, enough time to grab something to drink and short enough to not be annoying.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess 5minute break is enough. You can take a drink, make another coffee and return to the grind :).

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes are enough even those minutes can help you improve your concentration and if you want more time you just have to get absent and come back when you finish doing what you do and do not think about which letters you could get next ones will be better

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fair. it would be better if the break lasted 10 minutes)

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I need my breaks, they have allowed me to take a minute and clear my head and recharge my batteries and get ready for the next leg of the race. Horray for breaks

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Where is that break? Every time I play a tournament I think of this thread, YES breaks are needed. Hope I'm still in the game when this one comes around.

DSUMMER10

DSUMMER10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long enough to take a shower or go to the bathroom. However, depending on the time of the game, the one in which we are inspired, with a good sequence, usually the pause is an enemy, since the villain may have a time to recover emotionally and return colder emotionally and with a better vision of the game.

rAkshAs

rAkshAs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Better break is nearly 10-15 minutes)

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<div>I think for a 3 hour tourney its fine, butr anything longer I think it should be bumped up to ten or 15 mins just like live, </div>

A

ass707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would take break minimum for 7 minutes and increased for 2 minutes after every hour in a tournament

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I believe for big field tournament that aren't turbo it should be at least 7 or 10 min some time going to the bathroom needs mor thann5 min xD... but in general is ok 5 min

C

Cashcards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think, break has to be 3minutes or about 15 . it would be convenient. 5min break is more hinders than help

A

ass707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think an interruption must be 7-10 minutes

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Often too short, I often see my AA or KK folded when I come back to table. :mad:

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes have to make a choice between bathroom, smoke or coffee, but another break will always be along in 55 minutes so it is about right.
As long as they continue to be synchronised, it was a real pain some years ago when they weren't.

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on how long these tournaments are. If you are only a few hours into a tournament then 5 minutes should be plenty of time. If you are 4 or 5 hours into a tournament, I think a longer break is needed. Perhaps after the tournament has ran a certain amount of time they could have a one time 30-minute break.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when im bigstack and im in a good momentum, it seems like a long time .. but when i need to go to the bathroom and make myself something to eat, it seems very little to me lol :D