Is a break of 5 minutes too long or too short?

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes many sometimes a little, but never just as much as I need :)

oleg plugaru

oleg plugaru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it's enough, i used tot this time, it's enough to smoke a cigg and drink a cup of cofee..

H

hochido

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
short breaks

Absolutely too short...no time to choose between bathroom break/snack break/cig break!

B

Bavina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion 5 minutes is enough. I know that some sites (I believe 888 gives 6 minutes break every hour).
The tough thing is on global poker they do not synchronize their breaks which is absurd.
Dive Minute is perfect

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a break after an hour of play is necessary, and I think that five minutes is enough to have a rest a little , and start playing again

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks

Breaks are very necessary. I just cashed in a tournament but had it not been for the break I would have tilted out. The break gave me time to cool down after a bad beat. So I say 'thumbs up' for the breaks!!

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i first joined poker i realized 5 minutes is not enough time especially if you want the toilet and then need to make coffee or a snack. I've made a way to make 5 minutes work for me. Sometimes I don't make it and have to rush between the kitchen and my pc. I still think the breaks should be longer.

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually its fine for me 5 minutes to smoke ciggarete and relex for 5 minutes but when i have to eat i need at least 10 minutes : D

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it's short 5 minutes has to be a few hours, because when you come back to play you play more concentrated on wanting to win

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes is enough to eat something or drink tea, smoke cigarette, go to toilet ;)

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way it is long enough. Tournaments on ACR can be way over 12hrs long. How you gonna eat in a 12+hrs tourney with 5 minute breaks? If you know tournaments you are running last 12+hrs you need to throw in a couple longer breaks, at least 1 longer break.
Can't you just bring your laptop into the kitchen? Or if you're using a desktop can't you prep the meal just before the break begins and then start cooking during the break and then go back and forth from kitchen to computer?

kena3000

kena3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 5 minutes is enough if you don't have to go out as sometimes i have to do which 5min is too short. As i go and get back has happened 20 min at least.
But It's time enough to go number 1, have some water, grab snacks and stuff. even read some played hands and getting ready for the action

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is a good time to cool the head. You can rest your mind a little before continuing to play.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it's too long, sometimes it's too short, sometimes it's just right.

ecoland

ecoland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutly too short! Prepare sandwich and not time for tea! I always eat chips and drink cola:)

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here my opinion is not clear)) It happens that the break interrupts you the course of the game, stops coming in suit and vice versa. I think it is best to make a break every 2 hours, but minutes to 10-15. Although this is not all fundamentally

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minute best term - you can do your business and at the same time not to lose the game tone! Though every 2-3 hours you can take a break and more - 10 minutes!

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, it should be 2 hours in a row and then 15 minutes of rest, I think it would be more feasible than 1 hour and 5 minutes

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Where's a break when I need one!!!????

Just recently got knocked out because of a slight tilt factor. What I needed was a break because of fatigue and quite frankly I needed a breather....breaks are necessary but one didn't come fast enough. . ..:shot:

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me a break of 5 minutes is unnecessary.

I play poker over a mobile device so the toilet can go any time :)