7 hours non stop tournament win? is it worth it

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like playing poker... Playing 7 hours? I'm just happy and proud of myself keeping concentration for so long... Furthermore being paid? Give me another couple of hours please :)

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats on the victory but unless you're winning constantly then no you're not a good player just a lucky player, whenever i play in a tourney and lose on a big hand because i know one hand wont win a tourney

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you like it, why not play 7:00.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
winning feels good but my time has more value then that.

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning isn't easy. Almost $ 200 is a good profit. But I would go crazy for 7 hours of play for such a small prize.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on your victory.Well it is what it is,you started playing with low bankroll so you win relatively small amount of money for playing 7 hours.But look at the bright side now you've got a very nice bankroll and you can play at more profitable tournaments.Now do i recommend you to start to play bigger tournaments right now?No,because the bigger tournaments are very different fro,m smaller tournaments and your new bankroll maybe cannot endure the adaptations to new tournament play.Try and win smaller tournaments couple more times and the make your move to a big tournaments.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well if you divide this time by sit n go of 7 dollars, could have gained 210 dollars in that same time

TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm sure that u enjoyed that session, and guess what? u won some money also. Congratulations and keep going!

L

laolong96

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it is too long

I tried one time and never do it again

S

ssj3gokudbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is worth to spent 7 hours to win 150$+ if you want to grow a bankroll, actually is one of the best thing it can happen. Playing a 7 hours tournament means it as a regular structure (not trubo, or hyper). Everyone know that in regular structure tournaments the variance is lower so this is also a great thing for building a bankroll.

gunit

gunit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this does not mean anything-1 tournament is not an indicator ... an indicator is a distance of 1000 or more tournaments, and so I congratulate the result is good)

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the amount earned I don't think it's worth it to spend 7 hours playing. But each one knows his limit and passion in what he does.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Winning one game does not make a good player. Winning this game 5 times in 6 months, now that may be a good player.

If you paid $4 to play this game, you did good. Getting paid $28 an hour is a good pay rate.

J

Justdoit818

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All tournament have being to long duration if are many players onnn

B

Brazenly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesnt mean that you are a good player but if you win it a couple times like this in a couple months. That makes you a good player. But winning a tournament is always worth spending time i think

B

BamaRaised

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on your win! $195 plus some experience over 7 hours is pretty good in my opinion. I played a $50 free roll a few days ago and made the final table out of around 1800 people. I was knocked out around 4.5 hours into the action. I ended up winning $1.47 for my efforts lol

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing mtts

I find the grind hard as well sometimes. Usually playing in fields from 3 to 8 thousand players
can be a long haul. Sometimes 3 hours later only ending up with a min cash. But
the times I last longer 6 hours is the chance for a final table. I agree with the best pros at higher stakes this is the hardest way to try build a bank roll. In the bounty tournaments it gets a little crazy because we are all going after the short stacks bounty with good hands.

I see how my results are in another month. But I think I will start playing 180 man sit and go's
See if my roi is better against smaller fields.:wink:

T

Tomulous

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is it worth

ask yourself if it worth it... do you wanna play poker or do you want to win money...

T

Tomulous

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
differnet games

I find the grind hard as well sometimes. Usually playing in fields from 3 to 8 thousand players
can be a long haul. Sometimes 3 hours later only ending up with a min cash. But
the times I last longer 6 hours is the chance for a final table. I agree with the best pros at higher stakes this is the hardest way to try build a bank roll. In the bounty tournaments it gets a little crazy because we are all going after the short stacks bounty with good hands.

I see how my results are in another month. But I think I will start playing 180 man sit and go's
See if my roi is better against smaller fields.:wink:

If you want some fast money then you should play some different games, like spin and go, cash games or some sit n go knockout.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little respite is needed to conquer new peaks.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a player can turn a starting stack of 20,000... into 13 million and win a tournament does that mean that's a good player??? and is it worth playing 7 hours View attachment 234685View attachment 234687View attachment 234689View attachment 234691View attachment 234693

Winning 1 tournament doesn't make us good or bad. But long term winning makes you better than the field you are playing against.

A lot of times we can run hot. I place 2nd yesterday, but I could have easily busted out 36th or even 100th. Each time I go all in, I need luck to be on my side. I remember catching QQs against KKs and A4o, I hit the set. I wasn't good or bad in that position, but I was lucky for sure.