7 hours non stop tournament win? is it worth it

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a player can turn a starting stack of 20,000... into 13 million and win a tournament does that mean that's a good player??? and is it worth playing 7 hours Screenshot 20190220 020523Screenshot 20190219 195119Screenshot 20190220 020414Screenshot 20190219 224929Screenshot 20190219 222840

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 win doesn't really mean you're a good player. It could just mean you had a lucky run, caught good cards, played a bunch of weaker opponents, etc. To me a good player needs to have consistent results over a large sample size. I also think there needs to be some effort involved to study and always play more optimally.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
195 euros is not so little and I think I should play or you just gonna sit this time near the computer or earn money you decide.

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's worth it but the winnings are low for a professional.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a player can turn a starting stack of 20,000... into 13 million and win a tournament does that mean that's a good player??? and is it worth playing 7 hours View attachment 234685View attachment 234687View attachment 234689View attachment 234691View attachment 234693

Congrats!

Hey I've won that 1K grtd at iPoker twice. Once with a free ticket, the other time was so sick. I had 0 bankroll and won 1Eur in 25grtd freeroll, decided to play that 1K rebuy and was running good, but just before the add-on period I've lost 70K stack to some player and i was left with 500 chips. Since then i've won 100% of hands by going all-in preflop, till the final table. At the final table played normal poker and I've lost one important hand full house vs better full house, was left with 5bb stack, then started to shove with any A or pair and won the tourney. 220Euro it was...
Not so lucky these days, during past week have won just one 1st place in 200grtd and 2nd in 300grtd plus couple more finals, less effective.

Dude, I've studied the field at 10euro 5K grtd daily multientry tourney for a long time. Most of the regs there are playing loose-aggressive game, all-in with AJ is normal occasion. 95% of regs are very loose against unknown players. You can try to spend some money playing 50c-2Eur satellites to win 4 of the 10Eur tickets and have fun in the 5K. When you'll get AA there, your pre-flop 3bet will be called by 2-3 regs with hands like A9-JK, just because u're new there and they think that you're a fish. Tight play will reward you well there. Saw a reg with 40K profit calling all-in on flop with 7-8s on a 8 high flop against a newbie who had pocket kings, just before the money. Both invested 4bb into the pot and all-in was for 50bbs each. So sick, isn't it? Couldn't expect such from a profitable reg, but they're hunting for the fishy stacks with trashy hands, and you can use that. I will. Soon.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sitting at the same table with QuackerOats from your screenshot like 5-6 times a day, he's such a fish, I guess he was playing there with a ticket that he won in a freeroll, and he wins tickets once in a month, his brain power does not allow him tp win more.

Drsean, ohi, bfcb, ron, minty, tchjka, buda, colonel... I think I have books of notes on 70% of players from your screenshots xD

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sitting at the same table with QuackerOats from your screenshot like 5-6 times a day, he's such a fish, I guess he was playing there with a ticket that he won in a freeroll, and he wins tickets once in a month, his brain power does not allow him tp win more.

Drsean, ohi, bfcb, ron, minty, tchjka, buda, colonel... I think I have books of notes on 70% of players from your screenshots xD
really wow

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats!

Hey I've won that 1K grtd at iPoker twice. Once with a free ticket, the other time was so sick. I had 0 bankroll and won 1Eur in 25grtd freeroll, decided to play that 1K rebuy and was running good, but just before the add-on period I've lost 70K stack to some player and i was left with 500 chips. Since then i've won 100% of hands by going all-in preflop, till the final table. At the final table played normal poker and I've lost one important hand full house vs better full house, was left with 5bb stack, then started to shove with any A or pair and won the tourney. 220Euro it was...
Not so lucky these days, during past week have won just one 1st place in 200grtd and 2nd in 300grtd plus couple more finals, less effective.

Dude, I've studied the field at 10euro 5K grtd daily multientry tourney for a long time. Most of the regs there are playing loose-aggressive game, all-in with AJ is normal occasion. 95% of regs are very loose against unknown players. You can try to spend some money playing 50c-2Eur satellites to win 4 of the 10Eur tickets and have fun in the 5K. When you'll get AA there, your pre-flop 3bet will be called by 2-3 regs with hands like A9-JK, just because u're new there and they think that you're a fish. Tight play will reward you well there. Saw a reg with 40K profit calling all-in on flop with 7-8s on a 8 high flop against a newbie who had pocket kings, just before the money. Both invested 4bb into the pot and all-in was for 50bbs each. So sick, isn't it? Couldn't expect such from a profitable reg, but they're hunting for the fishy stacks with trashy hands, and you can use that. I will. Soon.
Hope to see you at the tables soon

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made 195 euros in 7 hours (not counting the buy in). Compare this to what you make in a regular job and which way of earning you enjoyed more. You'll find your answers there.
job wages are guaranteed that win never was!!

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 win doesn't really mean you're a good player. It could just mean you had a lucky run, caught good cards, played a bunch of weaker opponents, etc. To me a good player needs to have consistent results over a large sample size. I also think there needs to be some effort involved to study and always play more optimally.
I get final tables regular or atleast top 50

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get final tables regular or atleast top 50
I don't believe myself to be a good enough player yet.. I make too many mistakes over the long term but I'm getting better and better with time

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a player can turn a starting stack of 20,000... into 13 million and win a tournament does that mean that's a good player??? and is it worth playing 7 hours

First off, congratulations on your tournament win. It is not easy to win an MTT. That being said, winning an MTT doesn't automatically make someone a good player. There is a big element of luck in tournaments. Go back and review the hands you were involved in and decide if you should have played them differently. Is it worth playing 7 hours ? Only you can decide that. Maybe try higher stakes next time where the top prizes will be much more than 195. If you find that you don't like playing for that long, try some SNGs / STTs. You'll find every tournament will play differently, especially as you move up in stakes. Good luck in your next tournament !

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, congratulations on your tournament win. It is not easy to win an MTT. That being said, winning an MTT doesn't automatically make someone a good player. There is a big element of luck in tournaments. Go back and review the hands you were involved in and decide if you should have played them differently. Is it worth playing 7 hours ? Only you can decide that. Maybe try higher stakes next time where the top prizes will be much more than 195. If you find that you don't like playing for that long, try some SNGs / STTs. You'll find every tournament will play differently, especially as you move up in stakes. Good luck in your next tournament !
thankyou sir... I've had two final tables this week won one... do do ished 5th in the other.. I think I'm an okay player Allways room for improvement

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on your win. If you didn't play the tourney what would you have done with that 7hrs? You paid $4 to enter the tourney and ended up winning $195, not bad if you ask me. More importantly I think you had fun doing it! Cheers to you!

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations on your win. If you didn't play the tourney what would you have done with that 7hrs? You paid $4 to enter the tourney and ended up winning $195, not bad if you ask me. More importantly I think you had fun doing it! Cheers to you!
well it started at 7.15pm but didn't finish until gone 2am... a mixture of fun and stress and some people played for 5 hours plus and won nothing !! but I do prefer tournaments to cash tables

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well it started at 7.15pm but didn't finish until gone 2am... a mixture of fun and stress and some people played for 5 hours plus and won nothing !! but I do prefer tournaments to cash tables
I would of been sleeping instead lol

F

fastfash25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's worth it for the experience

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

It is worth it if you win a twenty thousand guarantee tournament and your going on vacation. You try to win a vacation on intertops.eu lets say. They don't give you enough money to really enjoy your self on the vacation so ACR is nice to play on for the vacation spending money.

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats! Thats why i think most of us plays at least 3+ screens !

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Great win, who cares if it took 7 hours.:tomato:

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats 2-3 hours session at the cash table is what I do as it takes a lot of concentration to stay awake in tournaments. I prefer smaller size sit and go that take 4 hours max