5-6 hours tournament play

hatemandos

hatemandos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play in tournaments for big money-more than looking forward to win-the more patience

sergey ptz

sergey ptz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
simultaneously watch a movie or transmission of the first 2 hours I try not to strain playing relaxed

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

In early phaze I am watching movie and window with poker I have in minimalize form in right corner, but when tournament continue, I am still more and more focused on Poker, because blinds are high and every move is important...

ResAtDorsia

ResAtDorsia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it really hard to be honest. I always try to watch tv or listening to music. If i know i won´t have the patience required that day i simply play turbo mtts which last about 4 hours.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is very hard to be ptiente,especialy you play for some small money,......

cr0thund3r

cr0thund3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally can be concentrated for 7-9 max, but after 5hrs of playing time I must only focus on cards and eventually music.. I cant scroll my facebook or something like that cause I lose my focus on the game

Dany_Style

Dany_Style

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree ! when i play long time,my head is tired....but if you play little hands and
and more tight ,this is help for you. good luck :)

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
quality of the game is more dependent on the time of the tournament and not on its duration

L

LindaLu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found that self coaching works the best. I remind myself that most of the other players are in the same mode and all I need to do is wait wait and wait for the right moment. If its final table I give myself a list of hand I will play and not play anything else.

Go to the bathroom every break you can and just sit in the stall and coach your self. To Wait Wait and Wait the right moment will come.

I have found that if I loose concentration I challenge myself to try and count everyone's stack of chips. This keeps my mind from wandering. Also using the opposite hand you play with stimulates the brain so if you look at your cards and muck them with your left. Try doing it with your right. If you riffle chips work on it with your other hand.

popecu alez

popecu alez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I smoking , listen to music and go eat :)

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use to watch a movie or something while i'm playing so the times pass faster

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Watch a movie and move around. Try to get your blood moving during breaks and hands you're not in.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to add to my previous post and share my point of view once again. A few days ago, I won 3rd place in NetBet Poker in 8 hours tournament last. You think I win because of concentration and believable? No, I has managed to watch a movie, spend english lesson with girlfriend, off course had dinner and supper and spoke with friends in Skype)))
By the way, I'd played this MTT only cause I had a ticket =)

P

pachopaez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the session length also depends on whether you are winning or losing

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive played in some mtt,s that lasted 8 plus hours-the biggest thing for me is to remain patient its not always easy for me to do-i do what ever i have to so i dont become overly bored with the game-i normaly dont surf the net,but if the cards arent coming in long game i sometimes visit the forum,s i belong to

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play some good old window mode games. Nothing better than relax playing baldur's gate , tropico or settlers and earn money meanwhile :)

Not to mention games like FTL or Plants vs Zombies which pause themselves automatically when you click outside of their window.

vita087

vita087

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion you should control, not be flustered, listen to some music, really expect good hands, poker is a game of patience, you need to master it to make profits

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take more breaks .. watch position

I have tried just taking the 5 minute break every hour, what a pain that is. Walk away once in a while, you will find that after the button passes your seat there aren't that many great plays to make until the big blind comes back to you. (ie: you shouldn't be playing a lot out of position anyway)

defleopard

defleopard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The longest tournament that I played lasted 4 hours . Excellent help Puer tea , muzuka quiet ( in my case it's the band's songs Sisters of mercy) , and a little sweet .

S

Sereda Max

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only 5-6 hours? If I don't take off in the first 2 hours, means I already in prizes. When I get in a prize zone, time flies all quicker and quicker. And when I'm on a final table - I don't notice it in general. I'm all in a game and a hour for me passes as 5 minutes :)