5-6 hours tournament play

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just have to relax for 10-15 minutes. from the monitor. digress. It helps me

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I eating something and listen to music or watching tv.

B

bizbakol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Listening music is essential for me when I play poker. If I'm in a good position maybe I watch something, because I'm stonewalling. These things help you to switch off your brain.

B

butterstoch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listening to music definitely helps as compared to watching some movies, as you can parallel notice the action going on your table. i try to take keep focus by checking the average stack per cycle and trying to stay above it. trying to guess people's hands in case it goes down to showdown is also quite a way to keep the concentration up

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Mtts are not for everybody,it might be that you have such character without patience....but it s not a problem such quality could be gained..

C

cardmaker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
use hotkeys and enter a catlike trance

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only you there is a decline in the game a long time after the passage of the game. Try to drink coffee and to focus completely on the game.

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd suggest always sitting in front of the computer to see what opponents are doing. Don't watch a movie/TV to distract your mind because you should concentrate on your game. Avoid any social media site too.
Too stay fresh drink lots of water, listen to music if you want (preferably music with no vocals such as edm, classical, instrumental etc as it is less distraction), get up and walk a little, do a little bit of yoga while sitting (breathing exercises), but don't distract yourself from the game.

K

KWILD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an elliptical that I jump on on every five minute break. Helps to get your heart rate up at least once an hour and helps me focus.

D

donkers2008

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked the Sunday 200k on party poker. 14 to 16 hours for final table. Placed 3rd once and 7th back to back weekends..

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u need try to play turbo turnaments which end in 2 3 hours with less players... There u didn t have time to change your style lots of time ;)

DionisiyUa

DionisiyUa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, 5-6hours session it's hard for our mind. My advice is focusing on other things: TV, music. Before each action u should have own head on shoulders.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that if poker is boring for you that you shouldn't play this game..
For me when I am deeper and my game take longer its makes more focused.

Yeah thats what i was thinking too bax! Once i make it further to the bubble and to the final table i get more concentrated and i dont need anything else to do.All im focusing on is the tournament itself.

Yah I am similiar to this. (except I typically need more tourneys running at the same time, unless it's deep into it).

I used to spend alot of time really focusing on the other players... constantly ranging them on hands & quite often bringing up the HandHistories & going through them to see what's up with their play. I don't do this much these days and more often am playing more 'automated' but I do force myself to pay attention when I feel I'm lagging a bit.

I also find that time starts to go faster & faster for me if I'm fortunate to go deep in a tournament & find myself thinking "What? .. it's break time again already?!?"

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
try to do some sit ups, push ups, squats, some sport in between to help you to relax

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never gone that deep in any tour, so can't help you, but actually i will recommend you to watch some show on you tube, and don't stare at table when you are not in game.

S

Sadalmelik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play some good old window mode games. Nothing better than relax playing baldur's gate , tropico or settlers and earn money meanwhile :)

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listen to music, watch some other hands on YT, get a snack, juice or maybe beer. What ever you like the most :)

E

EROVJI

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That deep into a tournament, I'm very focused on the cards because the blinds are so high and we're usually short stacked. I'd suggest earlier in the game that you focus on the players. I make it a habit to figure the nuts regardless of whether I'm in the hand or not. Keeps me engaged and lets me watch people while they play and I'm not in the action. I'll admit to multi-tabling online tho, since the action is so much different there. Good luck!

S

suricato35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make the 5 minute break ur most valuable ally :p

I like to split the screen, half of it to the tables, the other half to some streaming or YT video. This way I can still see what's going on at the table and at the same time distract myself with some other stuff

DionisiyUa

DionisiyUa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Btw, I'm playing on freeroll now and in free time play on phone. It's work.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When tournament passes quickly and successfully time gone very FAST and you even can't follow, just play.

M

MASURON2KE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my problem is to survive first 3-4 hours after that its ok for me to play

H

heraldyswift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how others do it but in my case. When i'm playing tournaments and i still survive after 4 hours and my other games are done. i stream movies or anything not related to poker just to refresh my mind. Since HM2 tells me if its my turn and i can just look at the numbers on the players heads and after doing my turn, i just continue watching or doing whatever i was doing.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you 're too impatient simply playing several tables at once and you will have more action