4 betting light?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omg that monologue was hilarious! I read it aloud to my wsop roommates and we were laughing our asses off. The godson you should be a satire writer.

To answer your question S3mper: I have added the 4 bet light to my game...but my criteria are very specific. As such I have only done it 3x in my life that I can remember, but it worked all 3 times because I cultivate a nitty girl image.

Actually...one of them was in day 1 of the monster stack this year. This LAG was 3bettung everybody light and I knew it and I had position on him and I was waiting for a good opportunity so I was patient. I had a sufficiently tight image (had played like 1 hand in the last 3 orbits) so he raises this LAG girl and I know it's BS. I promise myself that when I look at my cards if I see something even marginally playable I will 4bet. I look down at JTs which is plenty good enough for my plans. So I 4bet and they both folded. Weeee...

It's not something I use a lot...maybe every 5th tournament, but it is in my arsenal now.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Omg that monologue was hilarious! I read it aloud to my WSOP roommates and we were laughing our asses off. The godson you should be a satire writer.

To answer your question S3mper: I have added the 4 bet light to my game...but my criteria are very specific. As such I have only done it 3x in my life that I can remember, but it worked all 3 times because I cultivate a nitty girl image.

Actually...one of them was in day 1 of the monster stack this year. This LAG was 3bettung everybody light and I knew it and I had position on him and I was waiting for a good opportunity so I was patient. I had a sufficiently tight image (had played like 1 hand in the last 3 orbits) so he raises this LAG girl and I know it's BS. I promise myself that when I look at my cards if I see something even marginally playable I will 4bet. I look down at JTs which is plenty good enough for my plans. So I 4bet and they both folded. Weeee...

It's not something I use a lot...maybe every 5th tournament, but it is in my arsenal now.

Next is the 5 bet all in bluff right?? :D

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont really like to 4 bet light with a weak hand i mean i can 3 bet light with 67 suited or a small pair however to make a 4 bet light i would prefer to have at least a hand like a medium pair or kq,aj or aq. i think its a very risky move and you should only do it when you a have a good chipstack and if villain is a weak loose passive or loose aggresive player who 3 bets quite often and you know you can outplay him on postflop in case he calls your bet.

Last edited:
Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Next is the 5 bet all in bluff right?? :D
I don't think I've got the chops for that. You can rest assured that my 4bet range is 95% value and 5% desperation.

I think once poker trends go to the hyper aggressive extreme to the point that 4betting light isn't enough....then the correct adjustment to make is actually tighten back up again and go back to the good old TAG days of Harrington on holdem.

Then pendulum will swing both ways again. Right now the best players seem to be tightening back up a bit, even Vanessa selbst (a tad).

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't think I've got the chops for that. You can rest assured that my 4bet range is 95% value and 5% desperation.

I think once poker trends go to the hyper aggressive extreme to the point that 4betting light isn't enough....then the correct adjustment to make is actually tighten back up again and go back to the good old TAG days of Harrington on holdem.

Then pendulum will swing both ways again. Right now the best players seem to be tightening back up a bit, even Vanessa selbst (a tad).
Tight is too boring for meeeee.

The way I see it is if some one is 4 betting 30%+ of their hands we can 5 bet all in pretty wide for it to be profitable. Ax, 56s type of hands. This way we can have a rush instead of folding for 3 hours :D

If we get caught we forever look like maniac fish no matter what in the future :D

Of course I suck at poker so this could all be HORRIBLE advice.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tight is too boring for meeeee.

The way I see it is if some one is 4 betting 30%+ of their hands we can 5 bet all in pretty wide for it to be profitable. Ax, 56s type of hands. This way we can have a rush instead of folding for 3 hours :D

If we get caught we forever look like maniac fish no matter what in the future :D

Of course I suck at poker so this could all be HORRIBLE advice.

Of course I usually end up in Vanessa's position playing like this:

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars