20 levels late registration.

O

optikdave

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So frustrating that I entered a PL08 $1.10 buyin early and the were about 80 players. After 4 hours there were still 80 players from all the rebuys. I had the chip lead but needed by beauty sleep. Next time I'll make sure it's a KO so at least I can get bounties before I'm eliminated

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Games with large periods of late registration are complicated. Especially when the rebuy is cheap. There are a lot of crazy people going allin with marginal hands and the risk of bad beats during the re-entry period is huge. But it's part of the game, right? It is necessary to form a strategy for these games to mitigate these risks.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Oh, late registration is a really insidious thing.🙊😬
I played in a tournament on Tuesday.
It was a late time for me, I think it was one o'clock in the morning.
When I entered the tournament, there were about 400 players. by four o'clock in the morning, the number of players was 350. By five o'clock in the morning, 170.
The problem was that, despite the fact that my stack was almost 2,000,000 chips and it was a stack 2.5 times higher than average, I wanted to sleep so much that I just started randomly going All-In to finish as soon as possible.
Of course, the best solution would be to just sit out, but I don't like that.
I really didn't expect the late check-in to be around 3 hours. It's really exhausting.

I like the idea that there is a late registration in the tournament, but I really don't like it if it's more than half an hour. 4 hours for a late registration, in my opinion, just madness.🙈

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's always good practice to look at the mtt structure in its entirety before registering, do there are no surprises. especially if you play mtts with large fields you know are going to last 6-8+ hours, even without 4+ hour late registration.

if it's a game you want to play, look into late registering yourself with a starting stack you're comfortable with. this could shave 1-2 hours off of your total hours played.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted to sleep so much that I just started randomly going All-In to finish as soon as possible.
Of course, the best solution would be to just sit out, but I don't like that.
why don't you like sitting out and just moving up the money ladder while you sleep?

you gave up a lot of value by trying to bust yourself out when you didn't need to. you already played that long and put in the effort, might as well earn max profit for for efforts.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
why don't you like sitting out and just moving up the money ladder while you sleep?

you gave up a lot of value by trying to bust yourself out when you didn't need to. you already played that long and put in the effort, might as well earn max profit for for efforts.
Well, you're actually right. But, I myself don't know why I started handing out chips. 🙂
But, on the other hand, my friend from this community was sitting at the same table with me, and I'm glad that he got a lot of my chips. The next day I asked him if he got into IMT and he said he got. Therefore, I was satisfied that I left in this way.😛

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can maybe see a late buy in and rebuy for a very exclusive high buy tournament (an hour or so) but not for these $1.10 affairs. I always check for extended registration amount and some sites like unibet give you a expected duration time expectation.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, you're actually right. But, I myself don't know why I started handing out chips. 🙂
But, on the other hand, my friend from this community was sitting at the same table with me, and I'm glad that he got a lot of my chips. The next day I asked him if he got into IMT and he said he got. Therefore, I was satisfied that I left in this way.😛
reported for chip dumping, lol

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't consider it chip dumping either. It's helping a friend. By the way, I also don't understand why you didn't sit out and get some rest while the points were coming to you. Maybe you're just like me - you don't like sitting around, right? 😆 I have a friend who regularly reminds me when he's playing - see, I built up a stack and stayed until the prizes. But I can't do that, it doesn't satisfy me: sitting until a couple of cents - I came to play and I will keep doing it until I win. Don't be upset. Good luck.

romalion

romalion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
you need to immediately look at which tournament you are registering for, knockouts are of course better for those who are starting to play, since there will be more amateurs there, and it will be quite easy to win

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I don't consider it chip dumping either. It's helping a friend. By the way, I also don't understand why you didn't sit out and get some rest while the points were coming to you. Maybe you're just like me - you don't like sitting around, right? 😆 I have a friend who regularly reminds me when he's playing - see, I built up a stack and stayed until the prizes. But I can't do that, it doesn't satisfy me: sitting until a couple of cents - I came to play and I will keep doing it until I win. Don't be upset. Good luck.
there was no agreement. It's just that I was going All-In all the time, and the man just call up when he had a good starting hand. 😛I was just pleased that some of my chips went into the right hands.😊
But the point is not that at all, but that long late registrations are really terrible. Unfortunately, on the poker site where I play proctically, there is always a late registration of at least 2 hours. And the tournaments are mostly at a later time. Usually I just run out of steam before the late registration ends. It can't help but be upsetting.😥

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, on the poker site where I play proctically, there is always a late registration of at least 2 hours. And the tournaments are mostly at a later time. Usually I just run out of steam before the late registration ends. It can't help but be upsetting.😥
do they offer multi-table sngs? smaller field and no late registration. maybe single table sngs might be better for you, since you lose steam only 2 hours in.

not sure if you consider late registering, but a good option is to late register into re-buy/add-on mtts, just before the add-on break starts and take the re-buy + add-on option.

for example: say late registering gets you 10 bbs, the re-buy adds another 10 bbs, and the add-on gets you another 20 bbs. so that's 40 bbs after late registering. obviously, it'll vary between sites.

the best thing is, since late registration is closed (depending on site), you're basically playing a freeze out with a 40 bb starting stack, and you're completely fresh. you haven't been grinding it out for hours like other people have. plus, as a bonus, a higher percentage of the field get paid because the remaining players. also, not everyone takes the add-on option, so the really short stacks will bust quickly, so the percentage paid is slightly higher.

the only downside is you will have to run deeper to break-even and to profit, but you can fix this by playing buy-ins below for normal bankroll range. so, say you play $10 mtts normally, you can play the $1 re-buy mtts.

if you don't cash or break-even, it's only 1/3rd of normal buy-in, so it's not a huge loss.

just some suggestions for getting through long late registrations.

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You should regard that sleep problem as another tactic to be aware of. But remember that every other plater on that btournament has either deliberately already had a sleep or rest before starting (probablky not many, especially if it's a small buy-in; and the rest will have the same problem as you. In fact by making your arrangements, and not needing sleep, you will have a massive advantage over most of the rest.

I go competition fishing, and I love it when the weather is bad, because I know most of the rest are virtually beaten before they start - worried about the rain, or snow, or wind. It gives me an advantage if I can regard the weather as my friend - not my adversary.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I really dispise late registration. It’s ok for up to an hour but these days some sites have gotten so rediculous with them I don’t play them. And one time I would play 5 or more days a week but today I am limited to just Friday and Saturday due to the late registration. Having a job makes 4 hours too freaking much.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, late registration really ruins the poker game, many players are not happy that people need such a late registration if they want to log in right away or 1 hour is enough for participants to participate, but because registration is 2 hours or more late, the game turns into terrible but not always, but if you are not ready to play for a long time and want to sleep, it's better not to play such tournaments

O

optikdave

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should regard that sleep problem as another tactic to be aware of. But remember that every other plater on that btournament has either deliberately already had a sleep or rest before starting (probablky not many, especially if it's a small buy-in; and the rest will have the same problem as you. In fact by making your arrangements, and not needing sleep, you will have a massive advantage over most of the rest.

I go competition fishing, and I love it when the weather is bad, because I know most of the rest are virtually beaten before they start - worried about the rain, or snow, or wind. It gives me an advantage if I can regard the weather as my friend - not my adversary.
I'm a mudder myself. I'm a mediocre golfer but I love sloppy conditions in a tournament. It takes out half the field and I embrace the challenge to come out victorious.