$ 1000 per month

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This number can be easily met! If you have a whole month of nothing to do(winter lay off...LOL) this number can be met easily!!!

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
if you focus on making a good game and getting ready for it you'll win up to more of that

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think you can win a $1,000.00 a month on average but the real question would be are you skilled enough and bankrolled enough to play that high a level. You also need to remember the swings in poker can be huge at times and you would have to ask yourself can you handle the swings. I play tournaments and have had 40+ tournaments in a row without even coming close to a cash. Tank about a hit to the bankroll and worse my ego.

The long periods of zero cashes (or very small cashes) can be quite painful in MTT play... especially when you have what is feeling like a few deep runs only to be dashed by lousy beat or two... like losing an 80/20 vs. another large stack while sitting in the top few spots with only 25 remaining in the tourney. :(

Tournament play is all about the long run.

To earn $1,000/mth. with a starting bankroll of say $2,000 (rolled for $11 tourneys).
Let's assume we play 3-4days/wk. >> ~15days/mth.
We'll need to earn on average ~$65/day.

With an average ROI of +25%, we'd need to be playing ~$260 worth of buy-ins per day (that's assuming we're capable of winning at a rate of ROI +25%).

Rolled for $11 mtt's, we'd need to be playing ~25-30 mtt's each session.
($5 to $16 buyins)

This is roughly what it would need to look like 'if':
'if' playing on a starting roll of $1k to $2k,
'if' we're able to multi-table (min. 8 tourneys at a time)
'if' we're able to win with Roi+25%
'if' we're able to put in that kind of time playing (keep in mind there will also need to be hours spent reviewing & studying if one hopes to be a winning player)

This thread caught my attention as I'm just getting prepared to attempt a challenge much like this one I've just outlined above as it's looking like I might have a bit of spare time on my hands.
If successful, I'm going to begin streaming the 2nd month where I will increase volume and attempt to achieve some loftier goals.

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not? But you need a special approach. Focus on the process and post-game working. Good luck!

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
win with your 1000 another 1000 so you dont need deposit moore :)

R

Rodriguesxr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that Return of investiment depends of what type of poker you wanna play. If is possible, for a experience player!

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
Please tell me, is it realistic to earn $ 1000 per month for poker stars? And does anyone get it like that? Can someone tell me which tournaments to play at?):)

In principle, everything is real. It all depends on your game. The most important thing is discipline. Try, and you will definitely succeed.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At pokerstars, you can only make a $ 1,000 pulse if you are a shareholder or know the system administrator and throw you good hands ...
Well, I was just kidding, if I knew the answer it would be good. But I’m on CardsChat to improve on this and move forward. :)

Thanks Cardschat! ;)

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, such a figure is still unrealistic. but we will try. improving the game, and hope for success.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry for the formulas, yes is it possible to earn from $ 10 a month if you play 8-10 hours a day?

With a big enough bankroll and enough skill I don't think it would be an issue. Let's look at it in simple terms.

Let's say you are going to play 5 days a week.

1000 ÷20 = 50 dollars a day.

If you are going to grind out 10 hours you would need to make 5 dollars an hour.

Then let's add in 50% for running bad and variance.

So, if you could make 7.50 an hour you would easily make your 1k goal.

So what is the problem?

I think 1st you need to have a moderate skill set and be able to beat 1 cent-2 cent. You couldn't play any games you like, it could only be the game you could beat.

2nd, you need to have a lot of discipline. It would be deathly boring as the days drag into weeks and months.

I would bet you would hate poker after 3 months. Wouldn't happen?

Doug Polk who I think is one of the best players currently said he doesn't play anymore because he doesn't enjoy it.

There is a way, it is possible, but is it the best decision,

You may be far better off getting a job, making your 1k, and using extra money to play poker you enjoy.

Always fun making money with a hobby.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This recent video gives a fairly honest answer to the question "can you earn 1.000$ per month playing online poker".

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
Please tell me, is it realistic to earn $ 1000 per month for poker stars? And does anyone get it like that? Can someone tell me which tournaments to play at?):)

I never played enough long on pokerstars for that. I think you need years, to declare it. In the past, a decade ago, I could have it, not from simply pokerstars, from plenty sites. It was before the black friday. I played only micros 8-9 max tourneys.

In the last half year, I am near to that too, but the huge and really wild RNG wonder makes it really hard to keep the control, and of course, it put me on tilt quiet often, if I can solve that, it would be possible, even like this, it is not so bad.

By the way, it depends on so many things, that it is hard to declare, you can do it 100%, it is definitely realistic and possible, you just have to find the games, where you are profitable enough, have enough skills and patiance, what put you a bit over the average.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
1€ 9 man Hyper-Turbos1,50€ 9man Hyper-Turbos

Play ton of them, trust me on this one :)

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: The best community in the world, I do not change it and if there were another I would not go or work in it, I like to read and investigate and study information, I really admire them.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
i recently turned 30$ to 1k$ playing 6max sngs , so is it possible ? of course it is ! thats the beauty of the game , could you do the same performance again and again i think it is impossible due to many factors , first one is variance but if you follow a strict BRM and be mentally strong , if i may say , investing your time to learn poker and grind the micros and low buying is a bad investment i think , there is absolutely no life changing money at stake and tilt + variance will get a toll on you with time , why not invest in programming or learning another skill and get a proper job that gets you paid good and it is stable ! and keep poker for fun when you have time + the bonus of hitting some scores from time to time without the stress of grinding it seriously , just my personnal opinion.
my opinion is based on grinding the sngs as it is what i thought about grinding recently , if i become a really good player , one of the best id make 20K$ a year at best while at programming you would make 3 times that once you have a good knowledge of your craft and it gets higher with experience and it is stable and meanwhile you could play some sunday millions or other life changing tournaments with 0 stress have fun and maybe win big and if lost it wouldnt affect you.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAfFrsrFPFc

This recent video gives a fairly honest answer to the question "can you earn 1.000$ per month playing online poker".

Lol, not sure I agree with that, that is an expensive way to learn.

10NL and 25NL are probably a bit too high. This could easily be done at 1c-2c if you can beat the game. If you can't win at 1c-2c you don't have a chance at 10NL and 25NL.

I think this is a mistake made a lot. People have success at 1c-2c and run 25 oo to 100 oo , then try to make the jump up to 10 and 25NL. After quickly losing with stories of all their bad beats they are back at 1c-2c.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're a good player and have a disciplined Bank Roll Management, then you will profit... In the long run.

Now 1k a month is a very ambiguous amount, considering you didn't provide any stats about your starting bankroll, etc.

But virtually, any amount is possible.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have to think this through, if my goal was to earn 1k a month.

First off how many days do you want to play. Most people work 20 days a month, 8 hours a day.
If you only plan on playing on the weekend, is that Saturday and sunday or just sunday? So weekend warriors would be trying to earn $1k in 4 or 8 days a month.

Divide $1k over 4 days of playing a month, would mean u need to earn $250 a day.
Divide $1k over 8 days of playing a month, would mean u need to earn $125 a day.
Divide $1k over 20 days of playing a month, would mean u need to earn $50 a day.

Divide how much you need to win a day by the number of hours you are willing to gamble gives you an hourly win rate you need to earn to hit your goal.

If I remember correctly, I think a decent player wins 5BB an hour, so dividing your needed hourly win rate by 5, would be the big blind table you would need to sit at.
So if I wanted to win $50 an hour and a good player wins 5bb an hour, I would be needing to sit at a $5/$10 table and to sit at that type of table probably requires $100 or $200.

You would probably want to have 10 to 20 buyins available for variance, so a bankroll of 1k to 4k would be helpful to start your journey

this is a very good simple breakdown ! excellent

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
this is a very good simple breakdown ! excellent

but his numbers he's provided in his example are completely inaccurate
ie.
So if I wanted to win $50 an hour and a good player wins 5bb an hour, I would be needing to sit at a $5/$10 table and to sit at that type of table probably requires $100 or $200.

No 'good' player sits at a $1k NL table with 20bb's. It requires ~$20k to ~$30k to sit at one of those tables and a H3LL of a lot of experience & huge amount of skill!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With a big enough bankroll and enough skill I don't think it would be an issue. Let's look at it in simple terms.

If you are going to grind out 10 hours you would need to make 5 dollars an hour.

So what is the problem?

I think 1st you need to have a moderate skill set and be able to beat 1 cent-2 cent. You couldn't play any games you like, it could only be the game you could beat.

2nd, you need to have a lot of discipline. It would be deathly boring as the days drag into weeks and months.

I would bet you would hate poker after 3 months. Wouldn't happen?

Doug Polk who I think is one of the best players currently said he doesn't play anymore because he doesn't enjoy it.

There is a way, it is possible, but is it the best decision,

You may be far better off getting a job, making your 1k, and using extra money to play poker you enjoy.

Always fun making money with a hobby.

This ^ would actually be an interesting challenge... and I'm guessing that with some decent odds in one's favor with a lot of prop bets, you could make a bunch more than just the $1,000/mth. Realistically, I'm not sure if it's possible to make $1k/mth. playing solely at 2nl tables online. Yes one can win at a much higher winrate but keeping in mind the rake is ridiculously high as well... AND one would need to be playing across multiple sites as there's often a table # restriction. (I know I stopped playing at 888poker back in ~2010 when they changed the number of cash tables you could play on there... from I think close to unlimited (or something like '24' tables) to only 6. Prior to that I often played 16 - 20tables, sometimes at 2nl. Back then 888poker was handing out the 'Free $8' and there were 100's of 'new'(?) accounts playing at 2nl... playing ridiculously bad.
(I did a challenge at 2nl back then, maintaining a winrate of 50+bb/100 for 25,000 hands .. $50 > $300)
But things are much different today.

I wonder how many hands... how many hours one would need to play in order to win $1,000 on 2nl tables. I think it'd be LOTS!!!

Let's break it down (lol)
10bb/100 while playing 1,000 hands/hr. (< what's that? 12-tabling maybe?)
$2/hr.
500hrs.? (I think it'd be tough to play 300hrs./mth. at 2nl without going bonkers)

I would estimate that one would need to be playing 'full-time' hours to be able to even clear $500 in 1 month on 2nl tables. (& you'd need to be making some side bets to make it worth all of that time)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

So what is the problem?

The problem?

The problem is to earn $7.50/hr. while playing 2nl tables would mean you'd be needing to win at a rate of ~37bb/100 while 12-tabling

That ^ might be possible 1hr., or a few hrs., but not EVERY hour. (at least I don't think so).

I'm not even sure what could be an achievable winrate at 2nl could be these days, while trying to max. out the tables. (might take a bit of time to warm up to those numbers.... I'm not even sure I'd want to try 1 day... never mind 1 month)

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is FAR from easy. You need a very high bankroll for most people to pull off a $1000 a month profit from online poker. I'm guessing you would need at least a $10,000 bankroll to make it work.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend not setting a goal to earn money. Play without thinking about what you should win, it is best to surprise yourself at the end of the month with your winnings. I think the most important thing is to control your bankroll. If you have a bad day, quit the game and start the next day.:)

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon!
of course real) even more than that. the main thing is to play tournaments with a smooth structure and a small number of participants - 250-300. to play strictly according to br and not climb higher) refuse satellites and focus on one type of games 6max or 9max