$ 1000 per month

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not everything is so simple, you need to have a lot of experience
Principle of experience, I've been playing enough for more than four years, here luck also needs to be sort of ...

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have a friend that earn mote than that.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Experience is one big thing in poker, i am taking it serious for six months now and have seen lots of diference in my play and luck is a key to be successful, incredibly true my friend. Good luck

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
Please tell me, is it realistic to earn $ 1000 per month for poker stars? And does anyone get it like that? Can someone tell me which tournaments to play at?):)
I would say to play higher buy-in games, like at least 50 dollars and above.
But you have to be careful when playing, no tilting, and focused playing.
Also study poker more, like hands outcome, chances of winning
It will take a lot of time though. And remember you can not win everytime
But make sure your wins outweigh your loses

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not trying to be a smart azz, but if you have to ask, then maybe you should set your goals a little smaller and work up from there.

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
Please tell me, is it realistic to earn $ 1000 per month for poker stars? And does anyone get it like that? Can someone tell me which tournaments to play at?):)
the ones you can win . my brother made a living off poker stars, in the us until they closed it to Indiana players.he made aprox 50k a year

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is possible when you have a bankroll of 5k-10k.

At this moment, and the way you are asking, it is impossible for you. Even if you are a winning player at micro stakes, you won't be able to take the swings and you will go broke almost everytime. You need to study and play a lot, and than you will realize how to make 1000 per month.

You can make 1000$ in a specific month, at micros, (MTT), when you are on a upswing, but this is happening maximum 2 month per year:)

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
You need a much bigger bankroll to be able to make a profit of 1k and more.

Lets say you start with $1000 bankroll.
One month you could lose 2k , another month you win 4k. That's called variance. But in the end you will make a profit if you are a decent poker player.

To think you can earn 1k every month starting with almost nothing you can forget about . It's possible to win a big prize in a tournament , just because you run good, but you need a lot of luck to do that.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1k in poker per month it's my goal but I never get that summary. My max cashout is 850. Every month I win some money and don't cashout them because all what less $100 I don't withdraw.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Paying rent from poker winnings would require a lot of time and skill.

P

popescu bogdan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just want to add, that if you are looking for a way to earn 1.000$ per month to pay your rent and other daily expenses, then poker is almost certainly not it, and especially not without any prior experience. Instead you need to find a job or start a business.

i agree. at the end of the day its still gambling.not a very sure income

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the ones you can win . my brother made a living off poker stars, in the us until they closed it to Indiana players.he made aprox 50k a year

Hugo) I wonder what he is doing now?) When did you win such a sum? I'm just curious...

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hugo) I wonder what he is doing now?) When did you win such a sum? I'm just curious...
he passed away this year, but hes probably playing wherever hes at

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are per a good player you will win around 6BB per 100 hands in the long run...

So to make $1000 a month you would have to play 16.5K hands a month on a 0,50 / 1 table....

You probably have to start increasing your bankroll as a first step towards making a reliable income from poker... You will want to play on higher limits of at least $2/$4 to be able to earn a solid income. Most people will not have the required bankroll to play these levels when they start.

You also must keep in mind that even the best players will have losing months... Downswings are a reality. So you should have enough money to be ready to pay youur rent and stuff for 3 months even if no money is coming on from poker....

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think, I am a mediocre player, I am not so bad, but I am also not very good.
I play poker in my free time, beside from my usual job. So I play only at the evenings and at the weekends. I play it since over 10 years.At the beginning I was loosing, like probably many players do. I went into big minus at this time. But meanwhile I play okay as I learned some about it.
For me poker is giving me now the 13th monthly salary. I am okay with this as I play not high stakes. But if you want to earn 1K per month, I think, you will have to invest some in your games. You will have to play at higher limits and then you
also need to be able to do so....

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don`t think that the software can provide you a salary every month!! Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. You must find when to start and when to end everyday the games!:star:

S

sestonsento

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had some thoughts about this. I mean realy I know how to play poker I see when things are a bit doggy

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can earn a $1000 in 4 or 5 minutes if hit a 10x multiplier in $100 spin and win it,
$10k+ bink in one long 10 hour tournament easy game been there wore the t-shirt,
End of year though margins will be a lot tighter!
Will you be left with any profit after a year of serious buy ins and volume while paying lets say an average of 12k a year in rake during a tough grind against good players it is another story altogether even if win large amounts easy to drift into the minus?
But yes a very small percentage of players will succeed and clear 12k profit and more at the end of a year.

Last edited:
KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't know. I don't earn anything from poker stars at all. There were rare bursts of good play, but they are associated with great hands. Try it, then be sure to tell us about your success here.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked your answer to the question on that topic. I will adhere to it. When I am achieving success I will pursue other more difficult challenges.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1000 a month is not realistic....

Now if you're playing CRAPs let me know....I'm up 8 out of my last 8 attempts with $150 buyin. No big home runs I aim for 30% gain and leave ...works every time!!!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think you can win a $1,000.00 a month on average but the real question would be are you skilled enough and bankrolled enough to play that high a level. You also need to remember the swings in poker can be huge at times and you would have to ask yourself can you handle the swings. I play tournaments and have had 40+ tournaments in a row without even coming close to a cash. Tank about a hit to the bankroll and worse my ego.