(youtube) How did Gus call all in with 10-high here? I don't get it.

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2q5f6h2nQ[/media]

I don't understand!!!:confused:

Blinds are 6000/12000,
antonio makes a raise to 27,000 UTG + 1 with 77,
Gus make it to 100,000 with 10d-8d,
folded back to antonio who makes it all in,
Gus calls.

How did Gus put Antonio on a mid pair, and was just a slight underdog? :confused:

S

-Sagi18-

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus is a Gambler, but he is one of the best poker player in the world thats why he makes this call. He put Antonio one a mid.pair

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I couldn't get the link to open, you tube is running very slow this morning so here is the URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2q5f6h2nQ

Blinds are 6000/12000,

antonio makes a raise to 27,000 UTG + 1 with 77,
This is a week bet, to get information at 2.25x the BB.

Gus make it to 100,000 with 10d-8d,
Gus recognizes that it is an information bet and being the player that he is boosts it up to jeopardized antinios stack. I'm betting that Gus did not want to put more in.

folded back to antonio who makes it all in,
(knowing that Gus will bluff with any two cards)

Gus calls.
He took a huge gamble, but he did have near suited connectors and in heads up any two cards, preflop can win.

imho

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The video isn't working for me and my Internet is running really slow so i cant get on youtube, but i have seen this video before. However i cant remember the chip stacks.
Maybe Gus re-raised to try and push Antonio off the hand, Antonio goes allin with not much more than 100K and therefore gus is getting goods odds to call. If this isn't the case then i don't understand, that's just Gus and although hes obviously a great tournament player, imo he sometimes makes some absolute stupid moves.

Gus is a Gambler, but he is one of the best poker player in the world thats why he makes this call. He put Antonio one a mid.pair

Tournaments i agree. Cash games??? Well just watch him on fulltilt and you will see what i mean, especially in stud and omaha. LOL

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he probably wanted to knock out one of the tougher players at the FT.....

also antonio goes all in for 343K more after Hansen's 100K PF Re raise....

the 343K was most of hansens stack....

Antonio had about 470K at the start of the hand, and i dont know about gus, just a little bit more

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people give him too much credit. i think gus mostly just kind of wanted to gamble and, sure, try to knock out a tough player. of course he hoped antonio esfandiari had a pair below 88, but give me a break. he did not pristinely read him for it. antonio esfandiari is one of the more unreadable players. there's no way gus would have been able to tell if he had 88, 99, TT, JJ, etc. because antonio plays them the same way. as if he could "read" the difference between 77 and 88... it's gus. i've seen him make very stupid calls before. he likes to call all-ins because calling is more fun than folding.

anyway, you're not alone in not getting it if antonio esfandiari, in my opinion a better and definitely a more technically sound (less likely to tilt or just gamble) player than gus, didn't get it either

L

lottomode777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus probably put him on Ace high and wanted to pull off something fancy. 10 8 suited has 40% chance to beat AK, so he felt he might be able to bluff him off the hand or at least have a decent chance to crack him if he's called.

TubaMark316

TubaMark316

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's Gus Hansen...he's like Chuck Norris...he can whatever the **** he wants!!!!:cool: