You figure this one out.. who made the better call ..

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the small blind, get pocket 6's as you see.. over agggresive as usuall but called lucky.. guy called me lucky for winning.. but I said you over valued your king.. he said how?? I tried, really did try to be nice and explain how.. but he wasn't buying it..

Not saying it wasn't a strong bluff.. but c'mon how many BB's or Sb's bluff.. usually the blind special it is called. He did think about it though before he called.. then said "f*ck it" and called. Called me lucky,, however it shows that if he wasn't in the hand with to begin with, he wouldn't have lost with such a weak kicker.

Table: 4571617 (real money) Seat #6 is the dealer
Seat 1 - 1JERSEYDOG ($1027.50 in chips)
Seat 2 - JRNZBOSS ($1120 in chips)
Seat 4 - GOONTAR ($1925 in chips)
Seat 5 - WACKOWOLF ($1567.50 in chips)
Seat 6 - REZBOY ($1395 in chips)
Seat 7 - TWIZZYBOP ($2835 in chips)
Seat 8 - NUTS5 ($2075 in chips)
Seat 9 - MR JENKS ($1555 in chips)
TWIZZYBOP - Posts small blind $20
NUTS5 - Posts big blind $40
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [6c 6s]
MR JENKS - Calls $40
1JERSEYDOG - Calls $40
JRNZBOSS - Folds
GOONTAR - Folds
WACKOWOLF - Folds
REZBOY - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $20
NUTS5 - Checks
*** FLOP *** [5h 7d 5d]
TWIZZYBOP - All-In $2795
NUTS5 - Folds
MR JENKS - Folds
1JERSEYDOG - All-In $987.50
TWIZZYBOP - returned ($1807.50) : not called
*** TURN *** [5h 7d 5d] [4c]
*** RIVER *** [5h 7d 5d 4c] [3d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
1JERSEYDOG - Shows [7s Kc] (Two Pairs, sevens and fives)
TWIZZYBOP - Shows [6c 6s] (Straight, three to seven)
TWIZZYBOP Collects $2135 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($2135)
Board [5h 7d 5d 4c 3d]
Seat 1: 1JERSEYDOG HI:lost with Two Pairs, sevens and fives [7s Kc - P:7s,B:7d,B:5h,B:5d,P:Kc]
Seat 2: JRNZBOSS Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: GOONTAR Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: WACKOWOLF Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: REZBOY (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 7: TWIZZYBOP (small blind) won Total ($2135) All-In HI:($2135) with Straight, three to seven [6c 6s - B:7d,P:6s,B:5h,B:4c,B:3d]
Seat 8: NUTS5 (big blind) Folded on the FLOP
Seat 9: MR JENKS Folded on the FLOP

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I told you it was a battle of mistakes would you buy it? Although I'd say calling was much worse than betting... Should have left yourself an out when you reraised instead of allin should have fired at most a pot size bet.

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you got very lucky there. No pre-flop raise by you so hard to put you on an over-pair or strong ace from his point of view. He has you well beat with Top Pair Good Kicker so you are behind when the money went in. I think a bit too aggressive.

Where did you finish up?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crazy overbets like the one you made on the flop will invariably only be called by better hands. What was your thinking when you decided to risk $2800 to win $140?

He made a good call, probably he hadn't seen you overbet so wildly with a very strong hand before and read you as weaker than him. That or he just a stupid calling station who got lucky (then unlucky), choose one of the above. ;)

Edit: His preflop call is pretty terrible though, which veers me towards the lucky donk option.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
What was your thinking when you decided to risk $2800 to win $140?
1/20 odds - yoiks!
Twizzy, I appreciate you keep posting these, but when are you going to start taking notice of the replies and start improving your play? ;)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand your move to go all in. Although it's a little too aggressive move and very risky. I also understand why the other player called. He had top pair to accompany the pair of fives. You were lucky you caught the straight on the turn and river. To answer your question, I think the other player made the better call only because he was in a great position to win after the flop. I'm glad you won the hand though.

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the buyin on these tournaments that you've been posting HH's of?

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
xdmanx007 said:
If I told you it was a battle of mistakes would you buy it? Although I'd say calling was much worse than betting...
It was an excellent call. Short stacked with top pair and probably the best kicker. He thought about it for a while huh? Not to many reasons for anyone to go all in with trips. Looked like a steal, smelled like a steal and as it turns out, it was.
You got lucky. Your all in was far worse than his call. You were up against 3 potential callers. There was too great a chance that someone had paired or tripped the board. Remember, just calls, no raises. That was a limpers texture if ever there was one.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see your point Dog but the blinds were only 20/40 and he had 1000 chips to start the hand so no urgency on this particular hand....

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your all in was far worse than his call. King, 7 is good?? Since when?.. Now a pot size bet with how many over cards to come? Wouldn't have scared many at all.. Say if someone is holding A,J.. Some would call with an over pair hoping to hit higher with a pot size bet.

Checking the pot wouldn't even cut it here.. So in the heat of battle put pressure on the oppenent to call with 2 over cards. There is also a flush draw, make them pay to beat you with a flush draw. If the %'s are for you..I can't count how many hands I have won and lost being close to the 70% fav... I am out to win being the favorite.. not by limping in with K,7 off suit and pray that nobody limps in with K(x) higher, or pockets to destroy me. Heck I even have a tough time limping in with K,10.. I have had that hand destroyed as well by A,10.

My betting patterns are to simple.. fit or fold.. if your hand isn't close to being made after the flop. You haven't hit 70% of your hand.. then no need to bother to play further on, unless of course you get chances to see free cards.

I rather be over aggresive then to sit back and say what if I bet stronger?
Most of the times if I have something.. I am going to bet it..what denomination I bet.. dunno cause I constantly mix em up. Fold about 60% of my hands now, watching these screwballs like him over value aces and kings.

There are at times I even smooth call my hands.. Every game I play is never ever the same. Tried the loose cannon approach last night.. I was laughing cause I won like 6 hands in a row betting like a mad man. Fold a 2-4 hands.. bet like mad again. Finally got busted with 10's vs AA's...

I pick my hands conservativly but don't play them that way when they come. I am out to play monsters(admit it doesn't always happen).. but I constantly show you my monsters.

I lose to this screwball, mark it down as so, note him as such. Moan and groan about it of course. Then go back and jump in the shark tank..I am out to compete and win.. always been that way. I don't want any other place but 1st place. You want it.. then take it from me cause I will make you pay to take it away from me...

But yes.. people think I am not reading opinions and such. Actually I am.. Impliment some of those opinions as strategies with my strategies. I can't learn if I don't ask or show my mistakes.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
twizzybop said:
Your all in was far worse than his call. King, 7 is good?? Since when?..
Since he was allowed to limp in preflop and he hit top pair with best (probably) kicker.