Would you call???

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I am playing in UB tec freeroll playing pretty tight into the second hour of play I am observing this one individual going all in alot like every other hand and everyone running so this one hand I am dealt Kd,10d I call him with no raise at this point, flop comes 9d, 8s, 6d mind you just us 2 playing this hand he pushes 400 to me which I call flop is trash 3h he goes all in, I think damn I have a straight draw and a flush draw well I do make the call and the river is 7d we are pretty much same chip count, pot is around 7500 when he shows his hand he has 3,5os which of course he hit a small straight and I king high flush then all hell breaks loose he just goes off on me calling me every name under the sun telling me why I went all-in on a draw which he was also doing, I just say you were bound to get caught by keep going all-in with a very big LOL my question is would you have made that call? if I played it wrong tell me so I don't do it again well thats long enough for this thread any advice would be greatly appreciated

K

k2sand

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless I have a gut feeling I'd fold

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NOTE: obviously it was the right call but would you do it I should say in my post maybe not right but lucky

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I wouldn't have wasted my chips on that call. At that point of game you should be thinking of making it to the end. Calling him on a flush draw wasn't smart move. The better bet would have either folding when he bet the 400 and not chasing or going all in at that point. You let him control the table and gave him the opportunity to catch. If you went all in that probabaly would have stopped him in his tracks unless he's a mindless guppy.
You were very lucky. Seeing that he played that way all you had to do was sit back and at some point either he would have hanged himself with you or another player.

J

Jon_UK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had 12 outs, could well have had the pot odds to call his bet, and you have to consider against a complete maniac like this that you could very well end up winning this hand with a bare K high, as you could have in this case.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for responding Bubbasbest I hear what you are saying does it make a difference that I also had a straight draw which I did hit being 10 high your response would be very helpful or should I have just folded cause I agree getting to the end is the ultimate goal thanks again

A

almtl74

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when i have a doubt on the flop i flod

HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Went out in the tourney today because I didn't let go a hand. But, I made a big mistake from the start. I bet to much preflop went on tilt when the flop was junk. I was facing KK. Just a plain silly move by me.

The point I am trying to make. Is that it is one thing to have the pot odds to draw.

But, are you ready to lose if you don't get lucky. I wasn't. I wanted to kick myself.

I should have not even done more than called preflop with KQ off. I still had enough money to make a move on a real hand.

Instead I got impatient. And that impatience put me out of the game. No Money. No Final Table. No Glory.

blueisking

blueisking

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Going all in on a draw? Ah, very risky. Almost as risky as, well, I don't know. Maybe, jumping off a train, and hoping to live? Yes, something of that extent. Consider yourself lucky you "lived". If your opponent was a tight player, I would not call.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold and wait for a better spot - if this guy is as maniacal as you say you'll get a better chance later if someone else doesn't bust him out first.

blueisking

blueisking

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Listen to Dorkus Malorkus. He knows the feeling of watching someone raise pre-flop constantly, then pinning him on the wall with pocket Kings. Just like catching a dog that is constantly taking a shit on your lawn. You know you've got him, and you don't have to deal with his shit anymore.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JAMILE1 said:
NOTE: obviously it was the right call but would you do it I should say in my post maybe not right but lucky
Don't agree with this statement - the outcome of the hand doesn't make it right call. If you called because you thought you had a better hand than your opponent, then that is the right call, even if you turn out to be wrong (!?).

blueisking said:
Yes. Listen to Dorkus Malorkus. He knows the feeling of watching someone raise pre-flop constantly, then pinning him on the wall with pocket Kings. Just like catching a dog that is constantly taking a shit on your lawn. You know you've got him, and you don't have to deal with his shit anymore.
Of course, the time you get pocket kings will be the time he gets pocket aces! Always happens to me

k2sand said:
Unless I have a gut feeling I'd fold
Does a gut feeling affect the final card that is dealt. No.

Last edited:
blueisking

blueisking

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
robwhufc said:
Of course, the time you get pocket kings will be the time he gets pocket aces! Always happens to me.
You're missing the point, foolish one.

2LoCo4U

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I Would Have Made That Call....Taken Into Consideration All Your Outs And The Amount Of Time And Pot Odds Into It....I Would Have Called :tee:

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To make the call.. odds were correct.. he only had a pair of 3's wishing for the idiot straight while you are wishing for the best straight and flush draw. It is a freeroll as well. 12 outs X 2, making it roughly about 24% to hit. So that means you would have lost 75 out 100 on that call.

Now He pushed 400.. is way behond me.. a very small bet late in a freeroll. I like "feeler bets" to see what everyone may or may not have. Yet that small would have given you a clue that he had nothing to begin with. This is where you should have raised.

Yet you call his all-in after the turn. You played cause you were committed to the pot but you were only committed with marginal amount of chips. To duke it out with a maniac in hopes of beating his ass with a draw. Instead of duking it out with him while holding a monster hand. Definatly should have folded in this situation.

A good player folds to fight another hand.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I HATE it when somebody says "you played it wrong." Sure, to them it's wrong becuuase they lost. He/she was just pissed that he/she lost and took it out on you:argh: . Remember, there are no friends in poker.:viking: Pay no mind to what this player said. Good Play! :biggrin:

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
I HATE it when somebody says "you played it wrong." Sure, to them it's wrong becuuase they lost. He/she was just pissed that he/she lost and took it out on you:argh: . Remember, there are no friends in poker.:viking: Pay no mind to what this player said. Good Play! :biggrin:
I LOVE it when someone moans after losing. I just type something like "stay a while and tell me what I should have done" or "Thanks - I can't really talk right now though cos i'm playing Poker" or "why don't you visit my website www.idontgiveashit.com and leave a message for me?"

Tends to shut em up.

(N.B that's not really my website)!

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CALL! CALL! CALL! At least that's what my gut reaction would be, but we should always avoid steaming and try to analyze the hand even when your opponent is a big fat jerk. Into the 2nd hour you say? So can I assume that his post flop bet of 400 was about pot size? That should be enough under ordinary conditions to drive you away from a straight or a flush draw, but not both. Unfortunately its a gutshot and one of those 7's is a diamond, so you only have 12 outs. Of coarse any K or T might be an out as well, but the chance of him hitting a set or 2 pair roughly cancels this out. So 12 outs is 45% to make your hand = 1.22:1 against with 2 to come, and so far he hasn't shown any credable strength, given what you know about him. The pot is offering 2:1 I would have raised here. There's a good chance he'll fold and if not you may buy a free card on the Turn. Since you say that he had been aggressive and that everyone had been folding to him I will also assume that his all-in bet was substantial, and if your chip counts were about even then so was yours. I am left to conclude that your final call was a bit impetuous. But sometimes it can be very sweet to suck out an asshole. Ick! That sounds gross.

Last edited:
F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With both the flush and straight draw especially a King high flush, I would have had a hard time folding. My question would be whether or not I believed he had strong hands all the other times he went all in. Was he just pushing people around cause they let him or did he have the nuts? You may not have played the hand the best way possible but I think you made a good choice. Especially if he was acting like a bully, sometimes you gotta suck them out to shut them up.

K

KK_Cowboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well

Based on everything you said and the read on your opponent, you did make the right call in my opinion. Yes you were behind and yes you needed a card, but well you can't win if you don't play and the fact is you had 18 outs in the hand. All I can really say is you could have made a lot worse of a play. But my opinion does stand that based on your read you made the right play.