vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
So nervous push all in with 55, but I think this man had a few notes and it was a productive push all in that he would not lose his whole bank.

J

jele19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It was in a tournament a few days ago, I was on the dealer button wirh AK suited. There were 2500 people and we were just 18 left. He called on small blind with 7 2 and won.

R

rmbmr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is what I saw today, while a look some tables:

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/024BmpQsB

SCOOP $10.300 (main event) 5M GTD - 609 entries - bubble time - 80 players left - 79 is the ITM - next payout will won $21.662.13

I would never call with AK- I played 1 day, why I will risk everything now?

what you think about this call with :ah4::kh4:? with 55BB left and risking your tournament life?

my book on ICM says fold

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this is a mistake, he could still play for a long time, and wait for a better situation.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK suited is a good hand to push with. I'm not saying that I would have risked everything on it but I definitely can't say that it's the worst calls ever. Ive always believed that almost any hand can be considered a good or bad call before the community cards are seen because the best call is the one that wins the hand regardless of the cards you hold! I've seen 72 off suite win a major tournament...What!!? Was that a good call preflop? However after the win it definitely was....I'm just saying.

roystone

roystone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players who fold in these spots win money regularly.
Players who call this sort of spot are the types who either go on to win tournaments or bubble the money.
If you fold tough spots regularly, you're playing for a little more cash. If your sights are set on winning the whole thing it seems that the mindset is different.

For info, i would fold as i like to win money and play it safe more often.
But equally, its probably reason (one of many) why i don't win many tournaments.