What can you tell me from my stats?

Lana_Faith

Lana_Faith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how applicable this is to you since Pokerroom has stopped talking to Americans, but back in the day when GWB didn't rule our pocketbooks as well as the nation, there were these nifty rooms at Pokeroom, both SNG's and ring tables, which only allowed raise or fold maneuvers. I was a weak-loose player at one time, and forced myself to change bad habits. These rooms were very very helpful to me in changing that behaviour. When the 'call' option was removed, I found I had to develop a whole new way of stratgizing my play around the two cards I'd been dealt. Slowly, I started looking at poker in a brand new way... a better way, I think. Maybe someone here can suggest other sites which offer the same kind of table play?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played against a gal who said she was playing 12 games at once. First I asked her how she was doing it, she said 2 computers. Then I asked how she was doing. She said folding alot.

Then she took all my chips.

Showrides

Showrides

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how applicable this is to you since Pokerroom has stopped talking to Americans, but back in the day when GWB didn't rule our pocketbooks as well as the nation, there were these nifty rooms at Pokeroom, both SNG's and ring tables, which only allowed raise or fold maneuvers. I was a weak-loose player at one time, and forced myself to change bad habits. These rooms were very very helpful to me in changing that behaviour. When the 'call' option was removed, I found I had to develop a whole new way of stratgizing my play around the two cards I'd been dealt. Slowly, I started looking at poker in a brand new way... a better way, I think. Maybe someone here can suggest other sites which offer the same kind of table play?

Very interesting. But I don't know any sites that offer that.

And I am getting more aggressive, but still am probably calling too much.

I got burned though the other day with the raising:(

Some guy kept calling me with nothing, and I had high pair. So I bet crazy on the turn and he called with a pair of 2's, Then his other card was a 6 and he hit that on the river and beat me. I don't know how he called, but he ended up beating me on the river even though I had been betting atleast 3x the BB the entire time.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can do everything right and still get beat. What you want is what you got, which is people incorrectly calling your bets and getting lucky.

One thing though, don't think in terms of BB after the flop, think in terms of the size of the pot (ie bet half the pot, two-thirds pot). After the flop 3xbb may not be that big relative to the pot and by the river it may be a fairly inconsequential bet to call.

MrDaMan

MrDaMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't see any "pots won without showdown" stats.

I'd be curious about other posters opinions on this as well.

While it is important to have a high number in the showdown wins colum, the number for "wins without showdown" should be substancially higher.

"Wins without showdown" compared to wins with showdown and percentace of total hands played will give me a better idea of how aggressive you are or may need to be.

I see this as a possible topic for a future post from me, aggression is such an important factor in poker. Attention must be made to ones aggressive/passive tendancies.

TheRifle

TheRifle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no absolute rules for playing poker. But you certainly are only going to win with premium type hands. You must learn what range of hands to raise pre-flop, the advantages of position, what to look for in a flop and when to bluff & re-raise. You're playing too tight and are laying yourself open to more aggressive players.

Showrides

Showrides

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no absolute rules for playing poker. But you certainly are only going to win with premium type hands. You must learn what range of hands to raise pre-flop, the advantages of position, what to look for in a flop and when to bluff & re-raise. You're playing too tight and are laying yourself open to more aggressive players.

Agreed^

And to the previous poster, I would post those stats if I had them but bodog doesn't keep them. I will probably end up getting that poker tracker though, because maybe that will keep all my stats for me. If not, I will just use it to keep track of other players.

Thanks for the help so far everyone. I will keep you all updated on my progress. I went from $27 to $117 on bodog so far with my sit and go strategy. So hopefully I will keep going in the right direction.

Showrides

Showrides

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just playing a SNG.

3/10 people left, so I was in the money. I have 1300 chips, another guy has like 8000, and another guy has 3000.

I go all in preflop with pocket 10's. A guy calls me with 10 ace.

4 rag cards come. He hits the ace on the river.

Times like this get me mad. I thought I played that perfectly.

I just wanted to rant:mad:

Poker Tells