What can you say about this bluff and a call?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so it's a large field MTT in which you need a ton of chips in to make the final table right?

Since this is a freeroll(it's a freeroll right?) i would persoanlly just dump the chips in the middle preflop. Which might seem reckless but i really don't like to jsut call preflop and let him bet on the flop and take us off our hand. So i would just 4bet jam and go with it. However if the tournament means so much to you, then i think folding is probably going to be better than just calling here with our stack size, since he is likely 3betting with a decent range but not super tight means he might be 3betting with worse Ax pairs broadways, not sure about how wide typical freerolls are, he might also call alot of those hands. But he will have similar cards to us meaning we hit the flop a little less often, and we only hit a pair 1/3 of the time meaning 2/3 of the time we have hit nothing. Now since we're suited it adds a little more value to the hand since we can flop really good flush draws, but overall we're going to be flopping nothing the majority of the time and he has position, making our hand really hard to play if we miss.

So as played i would jsut fold the flop, but i would almost always just shove this in over his 3bet considering he will likely get it in with worse since this is early in a freeroll and we cannot be busted out of the tournament and we will be left with a decent chip stack if we call and lose. But if it means a ton to you, then i would think folding is a better option than calling to a flop, but i also think 4bet shoving is by far, the best play availiable here.

Last edited:
therealslomo

therealslomo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, but as played it just appears like you don't know how to fold AK post flop. I agree with above, that the chips probably should of went in pre.

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think Villan has when he bets flop and turn? You don't beat pretty much anything. His 3bet pre look strong. He can have there any TT+.
If you just shoved pre it will be ok I guess in freeroll. But if you call there flop/turn with that board in 10 situation I don't think you will win more than 1,2 times.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ìn this case, I would re-raise him on the pre-flop, simply fearing only 2 possible hands he would have..

But calling that bluf on the turn, was simply not good. You let him raise and you had a good call but really risky one too.

M

Mug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wizzim nailed it. With the size of his stack and stage of the tourney I'm 4 betting and feel that I am getting it in good more often than not.

As played, I would fold on the flop. You are OOP and he is representing the better hand. I have no idea how you make the call on the turn. Everything has you beat except a bluff and it is safe to assume you only have between 2 and 10 outs. I am never taking those odds for over half of my remaining stack.

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wizzim nailed it. With the size of his stack and stage of the tourney I'm 4 betting and feel that I am getting it in good more often than not.

As played, I would fold on the flop. You are OOP and he is representing the better hand. I have no idea how you make the call on the turn. Everything has you beat except a bluff and it is safe to assume you only have between 2 and 10 outs. I am never taking those odds for over half of my remaining stack.

My key idea was he re-raise me preflop with his stack, if he has low pockets 88,77,66,55,44,33 he will shove all-in preflop. That's why I don't believe, also he would not re-rerasing preflop with A7, A6, A5, A4, A3 preflop.
And I am "UTG" position raise 3bet!!! If he have pocket 99 or higher must all with his stack.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that was too loose for both. Both has nothing.

I like the bluff though. I have question on the call since its a make or break decision.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My key idea was he re-raise me preflop with his stack, if he has low pockets 88,77,66,55,44,33 he will shove all-in preflop. That's why I don't believe, also he would not re-rerasing preflop with A7, A6, A5, A4, A3 preflop.
And I am "UTG" position raise 3bet!!! If he have pocket 99 or higher must all with his stack.

soo... two questions..

1. why didn't you post this info to begin with?

2. how did you ascertain the information, is this a solid read you have or are you just assuming players will do this?

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
soo... two questions..

1. why didn't you post this info to begin with?

2. how did you ascertain the information, is this a solid read you have or are you just assuming players will do this?

1. To figure out how other players play the hand on that situation, am not saying I did a good call or read the bluff well but I just posted the thread w/o a complete info to educate more in poker...To be honest that's my 1st time to call a hand like this but I don't consider I made the best play even I did a right call to the end.

2. I love the spot with the skill level of my opponent betting me on his position.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/15813092_318844A765

I was bluff in a freeze out tournament, for me I consider its a major tourney with a prize pool of $30,000 for a month leader board in PS. But this time, I can have this risk against this bluff.
If the player is betting on the flop and the turn and check on the river that is 90% bluff. If this is a freeroll turbo tournament you need to have a very deep stack. So i think many players bluff and smometimes if you have a hunch that the player is bluffing you need to call

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you should have put it all in pre much better of a chance than the one you took.