What do you do here?

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well yea fold preflop and you don't have to worry about making decisions like this. But i think shoving was the right idea coz you cover his range pretty well.

I disagree with calling then check calling river because of stack/pot sizes. Calling turn pretty much commits you anyways. Hero will have 1400 left and the pot will be 1300.
I think the fold equity you get from shoving the turn outweighs the chips you could potentially save from check calling river.
You are either dominated by J9/set of 8s/A8 etc, in which case it will cost you at least 700 chips of your 1300 left to call the river bet (leaving you with only 600) or you are ahead of a lesser made hand (T8 etc) or up against a draw (pretty likely given the board...if villain makes this play and hero only has a pair of aces it is probably a fold). And at least by shoving you get the draws to fold.

With deeper stacks i think calling turn then check calling river is the correct move but i'd rather have the draws fold in exchange for having 600 chips left if i'm dominated. Plus you also don't have to worry about making decisions on the river if villain shoves it.