ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The problem with Poker Club on Poker Club PS4 everyone bets crazy becasue it isn't real money so if you don't go all in on a decent hand they slowly eat your money with folds and blinds.

You should still learn how to beatthat perticular format on that particular platform.
pokerstars freerolls are simila. People are loose because it is a freeroll. But that doesn;'t mean you can't win them. Much like other games, a tight aggressive stance is key -- but more than that....you need to avoid multiway pots. People will get a little less shovey as the tourney progresses, but if it doesn't mean anything, there will always be tricky folk out there.

To win these, you simply need to keep your powder dry until QQ,KK,AA, AKs comes your way and put your money in. Otherwise...it is all about figuring keeping an eye on the effective stack sizze and paying attention to the player who has the biggest stack in the hand (after you)... I will make some terrible calls on purpose sometimes. For example, if a short-stacked NIT shoves his stack of 8BB and is called by a loose/bluffy sort...I'll often raise to 16BB knowing that the loose guy will call it. I can then bet him off the pot and even if I lose the main pot, I've recouped my losses from the side pot. This does require that you are one of the chip leaders though. Short stacked, you cannot use this trick.

But every game will be different and will have different plays at different points in the game from early, mid to late game, bubble and Final Table. Your job is to recognise waht is going on and adjust. Find a guy who three-bets to 12BB every time? Stalk and wait. Get that hand to break him and pounce!

Even in freerolls where everyone is shovey...just rebuy as soon as you start and then WAIT.after five by-ins, even the hard-core fish out there will start folding.

All formats are winnable with notes, attention, exploitation and adjustment.

Cheers,
JT

PS to the guy who shark-scoped and then left an insulting comment....get lost buddy. Nobody on cards chat wants you around if that is the way you're going to behave. sharkscope also only shows certin games. I'm in the hole as far as sharscope is concerned...except they aren't reporting on those profitable home games, live games, and games on different platforms (well not at thesame time).
Besides...people can be great coaches and have poor discipline. I certainly know the game better than I play it. So take your super high sharkscope and take a walk. If you were all that good, you wouldn't be scraping by with crappy posts for freeroll passwords.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No. A9 is to weak to call an all in.

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad-Beats, don'tcha Love 'em?

The bad beats are gonna get ya - it's inevitable

suited is good, but A9 is NOT the hand to play all-in

too many cards can come out that will beat your kicker,
even without it being a bad beat

TC

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
not the best way to play, but not the worst

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Playing Poker Club on PS4 it's a 10K buy in.

I have A9 suited spades I call bets until one guy goes all in about 21K everyone folds but I chose to call. when he flips is cards he has A6 non suited so only a 6 can beat me.. of course a 6 comes up and he wins with a pair.

Should I have called the all in?:confused:

I think he won because of his good position at the table, then you should review the position strategy at the table

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Irregardless of his cards A9 are not very good cards to hold against an All In! I will fold!

L

LogicalRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he won because of his good position at the table, then you should review the position strategy at the table

Wonder how you know his position at the table I never said what position he sat at :confused:

Please close this thread I don't know how

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a terrible game from you:confused:

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
a good play, is when you win the hand :)) or when you put down the best 2nd hand possible, that is when you are beaten:)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Wonder how you know his position at the table I never said what position he sat at :confused: Please close this thread I don't know how
In general, it is not recommended to go with A9 spades or any color all-in before flipping the flop in most cases. I said maybe his position on the table was better than you, because you didn't specify your position on the table, so I have a right to think about what I want ;) Unfortunately, try to discuss it more clearly so as not to get angry. I guess you just want to be told good luck next time, OK good luck NEXT TIME :)

Last edited:
T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rule of Thumb

Personally, I don't go all-in with High-Lows unless
my cards are both suited AND can be used to make a straight

This combination has the highest probability
of making a winning hand

In your case luck just wasn't in your favor on that hand

All-ins are a coin-toss, anyway,
because the cards on the table are coming out randomly

so, you are always taking the chance of a bad-beat,
even if you have the best cards possible

I like to save my all-ins till after the flop
and I have made a decent hand with my cards

TC

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Generally an A9 suited it is not the best hand to go all in, but it depends from the situation of each game. I see that the other guy went all in with an A6 offsuite. I think it was a risky decision but it was a good decision because you played a good hand in a possibly loose game.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally I don't think I will call with A9s. If the opponent is a maniac player, we can gamble here. But it's still a risky play, I think I will play tight and fold medium hands if I know there is a very aggressive player on the left.

T

Timmwinslow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Weak aces are death in tournaments

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I have A9 suited spades I call bets until one guy goes all in about 21K everyone folds but I chose to call. when he flips is cards he has A6 non suited so only a 6 can beat me.. of course a 6 comes up and he wins with a pair.

is it a fictional game?

What's your stack?

When is the tournament?
Home, bubble, itm?

What are the positions at the table?

What are the opponent's characteristics?

To know if it was a good deed, you need to answer these questions first.

L

LogicalRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this thread has been dead for a week

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You split the pot! I think you are just trying to get in posts!
Shark scope showed me why you would make this statement!

You should opt out at shark scope if you want to give advice about poker!:p

I would give the same advice no matter who had won the hand!
Why are you being so rude? Someone is trying to learn and this is how you respond. I'm disappointed with your posts in this thread. :(

I don't get it, you're asking for advice on a play money game? Seriously?
Again - how else should he learn? It might seem silly to other seasoned players, but we all started somewhere. How about explaining in a helpful way how play money games may not be the best place to practice or learn the finer strategies of the game.

This just happened to me with aa AI player I had AK in my hand the flop was 34A the turn was 2 the river 5 so the community cards where a straight A2345 I had AK in my hand the AI player had Q10 the game game him the win. with a straight in the table and my A being the high card should I have won? :confused:
It's always your best 5 card hand. So if you have a straight, there is no high card. What should have happened was, both players should have split the pot, as you had the same hand.
Then there is a bug in this game, the pot wasn't split the other player won and we both had a straight on the table and I had A,K in my hand the other player had Q,10
I may not know all the rules but I know the game has a bug the pot should ahve split if no kickers were used if we went to cards in hands I had the 2 high cards.
So if this is what happened, yeah, definitely a bug. I would recommend at least playing on a site that is really geared more toward poker. If you don't want to risk money, try out replaypoker.com. We even have some Leagues there for special games.

A word of advice:
When posting hands for analysis, we need more info. Stack sizes, position, stage of tournament, your player reads, etc. There is a different answer to your question depending on all those things. Seeing as how you were heads-up (2 players left), then you definitely wouldn't fold, but again, would want to know how the betting streets actually went.

Since this seems to be a tournament game question, I am going to move it there. It's getting good discussion, so I really don't want to close it. Some people need to stop being jerks though... ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not possible to say, if it was a good or bad call without knowing all of the following:

* The size of the blinds and antes
* The stacks of every player at the table or at least those involved in the hand
* The position of every player involved in the hand
* The previous action leading up to someone moving all-in with A6
* The stage of the tournament like was it near the bubble, on the final table etc.

With none of this information given the hand is basically just a bad beat story, and the replys are more or less useless. Some people say, that calling with A9 is always bad, and that is definitely not true. Its also possible, that Hero should not have called, when the action first got to him, but rather jammed or folded. But again we can not say without knowing stack sizes and positions. Poker is a lot more complicated than statements like "A9 is not a hand to go all in with", as some people in this thread seem to think.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The answer is: It Depends. I know this is very helpful, LOL, but let me explain, You explained the hand but not the reasons behind it. If you look at a GTO chart, the answer is BAD CALL (depending on how many BBs) but if you play a more exploitative style, then this could be absolutely the right call. What was your read on the opponent. If this was a loose, splashy guy that is getting it in with a wide range of hands then it was probably a great call. There is also the pot odds to consider but you did not put in what the blinds and antes were and how many people had called before you and how much more it was to call the all in. So, a little info is missing.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes..no…maybe so..

I love suited A’s … it depends how I’m feeling at the time…sometimes I would call and other times I would fold… go with your gut.