weirdest betting ever?

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first off im sorry i just found out i wasnt saving my hand history today, had to download full tilt again. anyways i went more in dept to the hand(s) im about to show you in a post "poker general" "colusion???"

6 man sng. 4 players left.

im in the small blind.
suspicious players in the bb and on the button

UTG folds
Button raises minimum from 60 to 120
I fold
BigBlind calls.

flop - 10c 6s 5d
bb - checks
button - checks

turn - 4h
bb - bets 60
button - calls 60

river - 6h
bb - checks
button - bets 2200 and is all in (400 and something chip pot)
bb takes forever and calls

bb shows J 7 of diamonds - Jack high
button shows J 7 offsuit - Jack high

this one hand was just strange the only one they played with any action
in my other post you will see more in depth to the repetition these guys were playing. But what would be your thought if you saw that? after seeing the button raises minimum. i fold. the big blind re raises minimum and the button folds, about 10 trips around in a row, while the blinds were 20/40 , and 30/60?

AlBundy24

AlBundy24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just by looking at this hand it just sounds like a donk bet and a donk call. Not much collusion going on when they just split your small blind.

P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see the collusion here either. Sounds more like they're not too bright.

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahahaha unless it is two friends who are having a ball joking around and only doing it when they know they are gonna split lol.. its pretty hard to risk your tournament life calling someones bluff with J high since there are quite a few rags out there and the dude that went all in would only need a K Q or A to win.. if by all means you feel they are i'm sure you can contact full tilt and they will investigate it.. however don't make it a habit to report.

I

Igor30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at this one:
9 handed table;300/600 ante 75

I'm on BB with Ac 10h
UTG calls and everyone fold

flop: 2d 10c 7c
I bet 1200 and he calls

turn: As
I chek,he bet 2400...I double up, so he must go all in,and he call that

river:K h

showdown:he had Jc 3d
I couldn't believe it, did he really think to win this with hand...sometimes I was asking my self how can I be bad player when there is a bunch of losers like this one.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
see in my whole NL holdem career i havent seen once, in NL a guy on the button raise minimum to 80...then a guy from the bb raise minimum to 120, then the button fold. So many times i cant even count, i mean original button raiser with a quick fold 2. i mean like oh this is working perfect or something.

P

PL0TS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Differently a donkey move/call. But what if the guy has two accounts and he was splitting the blinds????

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he has two accounts and is playing from the same location even on different computers that is easy for the site to determine. My daughter and I play at the same time when she is home from school and we had to talk with the site to get it ok'd, and even at that we cannot sit at the same cash table. We can play same tournaments but not same cash table. So I would doubt that that is the case unless he has two isp's.......just a huge stretch

AlBundy24

AlBundy24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure the guy would go to those lengths to split the blinds and get 15 for each account. It would make it too obvious that way. It was definately two people, but they could've possibly known each other and just being dumb. Unless you're an idiot, collusion would be pretty much impossible to catch online. There would have to be some outrageous plays happening. Like if the button raises a big amount preflop, then the big blind shoves, that's not necessarily collusion. Could be guy just got caught in a bluff. Unless they went 1st and 2nd, I doubt they were colluding. Or if they were, they are bad at it.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure the guy would go to those lengths to split the blinds and get 15 for each account. It would make it too obvious that way. It was definately two people, but they could've possibly known each other and just being dumb. Unless you're an idiot, collusion would be pretty much impossible to catch online. There would have to be some outrageous plays happening. Like if the button raises a big amount preflop, then the big blind shoves, that's not necessarily collusion. Could be guy just got caught in a bluff. Unless they went 1st and 2nd, I doubt they were colluding. Or if they were, they are bad at it.

i understand what your saying but...when the button raises from 40 to 80...sb folds...and the bb raises from 80 to 120.....everytime possible when the button can open....looks pretty wierd

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are just reading to much into this. But say if this happened 10-15times in a row, then it would make me wonder.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it just sounds real strange... why wouldnt they just check it down on the river even if they knew each others hand and were planning to split your blind which sounds rather far fetched...

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What happened here is that both players had the open ended straight draw.. hence the bet and call. After the river.. obviously, it didn't hit. First player checked.. 2nd player wanted to push the other player off and probably make him think he had the 6. The other player called his bluff with a (and I don't know why they would even call with a jack high, even after a bluff).. but, a jack high.

That's pretty much what happened. Not very good plays, but I think that still summed it up.

C

chrismonk123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ha never saw that there just presumed it was a bit wierd and didnt look at the straight draw! im still wondering why they would even try bluff it tho! pots not worth bluffing over!

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars