Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
This situation does not happen often.
Have you had this or a similar experience?

Attachments

• Neobična ruka.jpg
    Neobična ruka.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 11

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had this happen against me on BOL poker. Maybe even more than once but I am not going to into how much I dislike that RNG because simply... who cares what I like and dont like lol.

As far as the hand goes I think completing there seems fine on paper but you have to keep in mind who the Big blind is and what they normally do. If Big blind is aggro then this is not the best complete as you will normally then face aggression pre flop and will have a hard time justify a call OOP especially if the raise by Big blind is the proper sizing. If big blind is passive and usually just clicks check here then of course with suits and the odds this is a call.

Flop: I feel like this is a spot where when we lead here we tell the world what we have but we also need to protect the little we have/take it down now a lot so I am fine with betting. Interested to hear what others due when they flop bottom pair on a paired board. If you are going against aggressive players and/or thinking players then you could get pushed off the hand later depending on the runout and being OOP. I hate villains raise here since there are not that many J's in the deck and when they have one and two on the board the chance you have one is slim and some of their opponents will fold especially with weaker holdings.

Turn: Like the check by you as we should be checking to a raiser here and we are still usually behind and if we aren't behind then we are either way ahead or are in chop spot so no reason to lead. I hate villains sizing here. They should be putting you on 4x right now since they have the J and with this card coming then they should be betting a lot into thinking most players cant fold a boat. Calling by you is a smart play as your hand now is only a bluff catcher even though it is a boat.

River: Beautiful Gin card. I like what you do here putting your opponent on a J and just ripping. They should have the discipline to fold here thinking with the way you played the hand that you have 4x a lot but make them have that discipline, put them to the test. Well done on the river imo by you and you get them to call off and get it all.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Totally fine to complete with any suited hand, when there is an ante, and we have 30BB left behind.

Flop
As 300HPGOD say, its kind of a tricky spot, because if we lead out and get action, we are usually not very happy about it. But we are also not happy, if it gets checked though, and now somebody wants to bet the turn, when they might have drawn out on us. I think, there is some room for styles here. Personally I probably lean towards leading out, but I would tend to use a slightly larger sizing like 30-40% pot, because I dont particularly want to get floated by random overcards. Getting raised sucks. On one side you are getting amazing odds to continue, and the third player is now out of the hand. But on the other side what is he ever min-raising here other than exactly a J? And if he has that, you are essentially drawing dead. Still if you are going to fold to a raise this small, you probably should not have bet in the first place.

Turn
You are still behind to a J, but its still a good card, because now you beat 55-TT, should he ever play them like this, and if he is bluffing, he is now drawing dead. You are also getting another very good price, so as played on the flop definitely a call again.

River
Like 300HPGOD I love this line. You are taking full advantage of the Zeebo theorem "No player is capable of folding a full house on any betting round, regardless of the size of the bet".

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
losing pre-flop all in hand AA, for a 72off. It's horrible and tragic.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands