TT vs call, call, call, river Ace

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's still fairly early in the tourny so I don't have much of a read on SHERISWEETS but she hasn't been a calling station so I was confused on this hand. When the Ace popped on the river, it scared me. Do you think that my check on the river opeened the door to SHERIS bet or was I beat?

Stage #952829472 Tourney ID 1901769 Holdem Single Tournament No Limit $30 - 2007-10-21 15:44:30 (ET)
Table: 17166984 (real money) Seat #4 is the dealer
Seat 1 - ALON IPSER ($2685 in chips)
Seat 2 - THAJOKER121 ($1000 in chips)
Seat 3 - SHERISWEETS ($1995 in chips)
Seat 4 - LADUCERM ($1390 in chips)
Seat 5 - TIMO1989 ($1930 in chips)
TIMO1989 - Posts small blind $15
ALON IPSER - Posts big blind $30
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to ALON IPSER [10c 10d]
THAJOKER121 - Calls $30
SHERISWEETS - Calls $30
LADUCERM - Folds
TIMO1989 - Calls $15
ALON IPSER - Raises $90 to $120
THAJOKER121 - Calls $90
SHERISWEETS - Calls $90
TIMO1989 - Folds
*** FLOP *** [3c 2h 7d]
ALON IPSER - Bets $210
THAJOKER121 - Folds
SHERISWEETS - Calls $210
*** TURN *** [3c 2h 7d] [7h]
ALON IPSER - Bets $240
SHERISWEETS - Calls $240
*** RIVER *** [3c 2h 7d 7h] [Ah]
ALON IPSER - Checks
SHERISWEETS - Bets $750
ALON IPSER - Folds
SHERISWEETS - returned ($750) : not called
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SHERISWEETS - Does not show
SHERISWEETS Collects $1290 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($1290)
Board [3c 2h 7d 7h Ah]
Seat 1: ALON IPSER (big blind) Folded on the RIVER
Seat 2: THAJOKER121 Folded on the FLOP
Seat 3: SHERISWEETS collected Total ($1290) HI:($1290) [Does not show]
Seat 4: LADUCERM (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: TIMO1989 (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id say you were beat, if not by the ace then by the flush. sorry if its a dumb question but aint the bet on the turn a little low giving them good odds to stay around

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry if its a dumb question but aint the bet on the turn a little low giving them good odds to stay around

Yea, probably, but I think I have her beat here and didn't want to scare her off. Something I do often and it's probably a leak in my game. I'll have to give it some more thought. Thanks brutus

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being OOP screws you over here. Villain can bet any scary river here after you check and expect to take down the pot. That being said, I think I take the b/f turn c/f river line (I discussed a similar hand with a high-stakes player earlier today actually, and he c/fed turn/river, but liked the b/f turn c/f line), so you pretty much played it like you should have :/

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno; do you think A2/A3 calls your flop/turn bets? Or a hand w/two hearts? But, I think A7s/K7s/77 does given she had nice pot odds to call preflop. On the other hand, the river bet seems a little high since it's unlikely that you have an ace and c-bet at the flop and turn.

btw, I'd be inclined to raise a bit more preflop since there are 2 limpers + the SB and you're going to end up OOP to the limpers.

O

ol_sin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, probably, but I think I have her beat here and didn't want to scare her off. Something I do often and it's probably a leak in my game. I'll have to give it some more thought. Thanks brutus

if I was the villian, i would have stayed in after the turn bet (if not raised you on the turn) not because of odds, but because it was a weak bet. maybe you bet that so that she would stay in, but my interpretation of it was that you bet it because you were insecure about your hand (maybe your were afraid of the 7, or maybe you were bluffing from the beginning). When a player makes a decent bet on the flop, and a weak bet on the turn, my first thought it, "Great! now I can steal it from them."

fact is, if I thought you were afraid of the 7 (which it looked you were), I represent the seven.

In that case, I would actually raise. (sometimes call like they did) but if i had a good hand, than I would almost always just call if I thought you were weak. (which is a bad play by the way, unless you have an amazing hand)

I think you weren't beat.

you raised before flop and she had a mediocre to decent hand and felt like playing. when you bet on the flop, she saw 2,3,7 rainbow and figured since you raised before the flop you aren't likely to have much after the flop. turn is a 7, you bet weak, she sees an opportunity and stays in. when she sees the A, she is scared, but you check, as if you're scared too. she bets a good amount (by that time the pot is pretty big) and of course you fold.

chances are I'm wrong, but I took a shot at it.