TT vs AKs

P

papadelasi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, just a situation I was wondering if you could give me some insight into.

Say if you have TT, and you open the pot with a nice 3xBB raise, but someone else reraises you all in. Everyone else folds. Say also you are fairly certain that your opponent has two overs such as AK AQ, meaning you're about a 55-45 favourite.

Would you call if it were deep in a tournament with 40k chips and your opponent has about the same amount of cops?

B

Boyle mrunson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If 40k chips is like 100BBs then no I'm not calling off with TT. However, if 40k chips is more like 20 BBs or less I probably would...really depends how deep you are.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the blinds at that moment?

It depends how deep are we in if we want to go for flips or not.

Slawa1986

Slawa1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With such a bank is better to fold ! Flop will likely not on your side ! So either fold or Ollin ! Call give an advantage of an opponent !

P

papadelasi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds were 1k/2k. I figured I would have been set for a final table run if I had won that. I called and lost, he flopped an A, and the river was a K.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds were 1k/2k. I figured I would have been set for a final table run if I had won that. I called and lost, he flopped an A, and the river was a K.

So you have approximately 20 BB , its fine call with TT , and play againt AKo, its coinflip very profitable when such stack size ....

S

SamBush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes because you get better than 55/45... That's your odds while no chips are involved however lets say neither of you are the blinds the. Your 3x plus the blinds and antes 2.5x and their shove so call that 20bb offers you much better odds.... You would be calling 17x to win 25.5x giving you a stack of 42.5x you're getting around 1.5-1 from the pot to call an all in you suspect to be ahead in most of the time!!!!

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
That was a bad luck, i would call it with 20 bb.. 55 % in my favour is allways what i accept ... If u would have a more bb thats an easy fold. My oppinion :)

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm at this point in the tournament I'd say good call just unlucky draw. A shove here is not bad at all imo.

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also depends on who's jamming. Is it a tight player, a lag, a tricky player? All of those go into my assessment before I gladly call off my stack w/TT deep in a tourney.

Is it so unlikely that he has JJ or QQ here? At best you're flipping. Probably AT and 99 are the only hands you're dominating unless the guy is crazy, hence the player profiling.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also depends on who's jamming. Is it a tight player, a lag, a tricky player? All of those go into my assessment before I gladly call off my stack w/TT deep in a tourney.

Is it so unlikely that he has JJ or QQ here? At best you're flipping. Probably AT and 99 are the only hands you're dominating unless the guy is crazy, hence the player profiling.

yes, I'll agree with this and take it a step further.

Basically you want to assign each villain a range, and then quickly guess how your hand is doing against that range. So, in addition to the size of your stack which is a huge factor, you need to figure how strong is their range? Are there many hands you can dominate in their range?

It's important to know that you don't have to be entirely accurate in assigning ranges as long as you're pretty close you'll still have a good idea how your hand measures up against their range and the more you do it the better you'll get at it. Also, if somebody shows up with the top of their range in a certain situation but your hand was doing well against the rest of their range then that's just poker. Oh well, move on. But don't start seeing monsters under the bed everywhere you go.

Some players if they 3bet shove me and I have 20bbs I'll snap fold my TT and other players in the exact same situation at the same table I'll insta-call with hands as weak as 66....it really depends on a combination of stack size + player read (range).