Trips against aggression $5 sit and go

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars Game #14032829128: Tournament #71215599, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2007/12/22 - 18:17:11 (ET)
Table '71215599 2' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: jaymfc (1410 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 2: aloevera (3165 in chips)
Seat 3: tenbob (1165 in chips)
Seat 5: jaketrevvor (2660 in chips)
Seat 6: vanaus1 (1530 in chips)
Seat 7: RoyalBurrito (990 in chips)
Seat 8: Trent's Momm (1290 in chips)
Seat 9: ke*sc (2790 in chips)
tenbob: posts small blind 15
jaketrevvor: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to tenbob [5s Td]
tenbob said, ":)"
vanaus1: folds
RoyalBurrito: folds
Trent's Momm: folds
ke*sc: folds
jaymfc: folds
aloevera: calls 30
tenbob: calls 15
jaketrevvor: checks
*** FLOP *** [Tc 6h Ts]
tenbob: checks
jaketrevvor: checks
aloevera: checks
*** TURN *** [Tc 6h Ts] [7d]
tenbob: bets 90
jaketrevvor: raises 120 to 210
aloevera: raises 120 to 330
tenbob: Crai............

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tbf you are kickerless against 2 of the most world renound TAGs of all time :)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold, aloe has k,t or q,t or j,t, therefore you are crushed. One of my biggest weaknesses is getting involved from the blinds, hitting big flops, which arent quite big enough so i end up losing a lot. Just think if you were in any other position you wouldnt be in this pot, so dont be afraid to lay it down

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yep. Haven't played with Jake enough, but a reraise from aloe (even if it was minimum) is worrisome. She either has you out-kicked, or played something like 8/9 suited from the button.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you beat? A naked bluff, a cruddier 10 or a weird two-pair.

How many of those make the minimum reraise? Unless the player is absolute idiot, none of them do.

Instafold.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo there are only 2 types of hands that anyone would open limp from the button with, PPs or suited connectors (although I still think this is silly as a raise can take the blinds and disguise your hand if you're called.) Anyhoo a medium pp could have flopped a set or suited connectors a straight, so with a reraised into to actioners I'm v. worried.

edit: and JQ, if you'd plaayed with me more you'd know that I was in here with absolutely nothing :) (32o in fact, the worst possible hand on this board)

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. Haven't played with Jake enough, but a reraise from aloe (even if it was minimum) is worrisome. She either has you out-kicked, or played something like 8/9 suited from the button.

We've play many games together JQ you know me too well and scare the crap out of me at the tables :D But your wrong this time:p on what I had.

What do you beat? A naked bluff, a cruddier 10 or a weird two-pair.

How many of those make the minimum reraise? Unless the player is absolute idiot, none of them do.

Instafold.

I did a min reraise for a reason, I wanted a caller or two and got one or two if I had re raised higher I know for sure tenbob would have folded and wasn't familiar yet with the other player.

So basically I was trying to get the most chippies for a hand I felt was the best.

Most will argue but still feel I made the right play there.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can just flat call and let me and tb dog it out :)

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We've play many games together JQ you know me too well and scare the crap out of me at the tables :D But your wrong this time:p on what I had.

I did a min reraise for a reason, I wanted a caller or two and got one or two if I had re raised higher I know for sure tenbob would have folded and wasn't familiar yet with the other player.

So basically I was trying to get the most chippies for a hand I felt was the best.

Nope you played it terribly. Can you see why ? Especially knowing what the hand ranges are here.

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope you played it terribly. Can you see why ? Especially knowing what the hand ranges are here.

Talk to me, show me the light:p

I do get caught slow playing and min raise so i'm pretty sure thats where your going with this.

But you do know that when everyone see's aloe get aggressive and I make a 3x blind raise etc they all immediately fold if they know me. They know pretty much I have something good.

This is the image I'm working on now to get rid of, I'm bluffing more getting more aggressive when i have marginal hands but in this particular hand I could/did or would have got screwed on the turn or river for slow playing.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you flopped a boat with 66 (I'm guessing you did from the tone of your posts), then yeah, it looks pretty horrible.

aloevera said:

Look at it from everyone else's point of view - what hand would check that flop and then minreraise the turn? The answer of course is almost exclusively a huge hand. A bluff doesn't fit as you're giving your opponents good odds to call, and some sort of marginal hand like a mid-low PP would probably lead at that flop/fold the turn.

As played you have to call the turn. This broadens the ranges your opponents can put you on (ie. weak Tx hands are now in your range) and allows you to make a value bet on the river which stands a decent chance of getting called in at least one spot. As it is, you're only getting action by minreraising here (a) if someone has a straight or maybe AT, or (b) if someone has a higher boat than yours. If you call the turn, you can probably get all sorts of Tx hands to call a river value bet or even make a blocking bet on the river.

As far as Liam is concerned, the turn is a standard fold. If jake is sitting on even something as strong as KT he can probably fold too.

B

beautifuled

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you got 3 of a kind on the flop you at least got to play it out even with low kicker if the betting is still reasonable. With only 1k starting chips I'd go all in after the raises. Was there an outcome?

mdafka

mdafka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold, aloe has k,t or q,t or j,t, therefore you are crushed. One of my biggest weaknesses is getting involved from the blinds, hitting big flops, which arent quite big enough so i end up losing a lot. Just think if you were in any other position you wouldnt be in this pot, so dont be afraid to lay it down

great advice switch
i see alot of players that cant seem to lay down an ok hand when they are beat
DISCIPLINE
M

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standard easy fold for me here. The turn action was basically telling me almost exactly what was in you hand. A flat call here would leave me in a much more difficult position, and leave me with no choice but to call a small river bet.

Aloe showed 66,

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you flopped a boat with 66 (I'm guessing you did from the tone of your posts), then yeah, it looks pretty horrible.

:adore: But you weren't even there and figured it out with my tone of voice, this is so why I need a big image change at the tables:D

Look at it from everyone else's point of view - what hand would check that flop and then minreraise the turn? The answer of course is almost exclusively a huge hand. A bluff doesn't fit as you're giving your opponents good odds to call, and some sort of marginal hand like a mid-low PP would probably lead at that flop/fold the turn.

As played you have to call the turn. This broadens the ranges your opponents can put you on (ie. weak Tx hands are now in your range) and allows you to make a value bet on the river which stands a decent chance of getting called in at least one spot. As it is, you're only getting action by minreraising here (a) if someone has a straight or maybe AT, or (b) if someone has a higher boat than yours. If you call the turn, you can probably get all sorts of Tx hands to call a river value bet or even make a blocking bet on the river.

As far as Liam is concerned, the turn is a standard fold. If jake is sitting on even something as strong as KT he can probably fold too.

With a much clearer head today after our Drunkament :drunken_s I totally see it from anothers point of view. I should have just called. I believe my thinking at the time tho was one of them definitly had a 10 and if they hit there other card on turn or river it would have beaten my full house therefore leaving me re thinking how I could have played it different after the flop, but a miniraise in this situation was horrible, no matter what the outcome.

Standard easy fold for me here. The turn action was basically telling me almost exactly what was in you hand. A flat call here would leave me in a much more difficult position, and leave me with no choice but to call a small river bet.

Aloe showed 66,

I can't believe you got me in Analysis:p