Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the thinking of betting seven times the pot ? Just bet 250/300.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thinking is that I'm doing the M zone challenge at FTP, and it tells me that I need to go all in when I am in that situation to obtain the points.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it told you to drive your car off a cliff, would you?

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would depend how many points you gave me for it! :p

No please don't misunderstand the tone of my previous comment, TB asked me what I was thinking and I've tried to explain the logic I was following. WVH has already pointed out the poor advice that is sometimes given by the FT Poker Academy, but this M zone challenge has really been doing my head in because it has been stuck on 80% complete for over a week now.

If I didn't want advice from you guys I wouldn't be posting here in the first place. :)

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it told you to drive your car off a cliff, would you?

lol. I am doing that same challenge, but I try not to look at what I need to do and just hope I achieve it through my standard play. Worked for me the first time.

Do we really need to analyze this one? You know you should have just bet 2/3 - 3/4 pot. IMO :icon_salu

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do we really need to analyze this one? You know you should have just bet 2/3 - 3/4 pot. IMO :icon_salu
The thing which scares me about that is that I have done that in the past and somebody has ended up sucking out on me, but if you guys are telling me that is +EV in the long run then I will try to adjust.

I find that you have to be quite aggressive in freerolls just to keep the donks at bay.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will probably get more out of it if...

You post some information, ask questions etc. Try to develop reads at the table, then include that in your post, so you will get informed responces, no sarcastic comments :p.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It wasn't intended to be sarcastic, maybe you guys don't realise how basic my poker knowledge is. Much as I miss Zachvac, I still really value the advice from you guys. Usually I post in the beginner's section because my questions are so basic.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no no, my comment was sarcastic.. it's all good anyways, we all started out somehow. I'm just trying to mention is really good to try and get reads at the table, is the guy a really bad player? is he really aggressive etc.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
3/4 pot on flop, pot turn. And if opp is still there, jam river.

Aside from that little nugget of obviousness I really don't see what you are after in posting this hand? I also don't understand how shoving the flop is good in any way. Kills any action from hands we beat and only sets/made flushes will call, in which case we shoved bad.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK well this guy was one of the big stacks and had been throwing his weight around quite a bit, so I could probably have trapped him but there was always a chance that he would hit something and suck out on me.

I'm always worried about over-valuing TPTK, but the nut flush draw reassured me somewhat.

Incidentally the output of the CC hand converter looks a little strange to me, is there a better hand convertor to use or is the CC one fine for you guys?

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aside from that little nugget of obviousness I really don't see what you are after in posting this hand?
I'm after nuggets of obviousness that are obvious to you but not to me.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK well this guy was one of the big stacks and had been throwing his weight around quite a bit, so I could probably have trapped him but there was always a chance that he would hit something and suck out on me.

I'm always worried about over-valuing TPTK, but the nut flush draw reassured me somewhat.

Incidentally the output of the CC hand converter looks a little strange to me, is there a better hand convertor to use or is the CC one fine for you guys?

yeah it's really hard to read. I use the one from flopturnriver.com but there are heaps out there.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t7365)
Hero (BB) (t2360)
UTG (t3690)
UTG+1 (t15840)
MP1 (t845)
MP2 (t8430)
MP3 (t960)
CO (t4735)
Button (t1030)

Hero's M: 15.73

Preflop: Hero is BB with A
heart.gif
, 10
diamond.gif

3 folds, MP2 calls t100, 3 folds, SB calls t50, Hero checks

Flop: (t300) 10
heart.gif
, 9
heart.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t2260 (All-In), MP2 calls t2260, 1 fold

Turn: (t4820) 9
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t4820) 2
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t4820

Results:
Hero had A
heart.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
(two pair, tens and nines).
MP2 had Q
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
(one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero won t4820

Thanks for the advice guys :)

Attachments

• CC TPTK and nut flush draw.JPG
    CC TPTK and nut flush draw.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm after nuggets of obviousness that are obvious to you but not to me.

Well thank you then sir.

TPTK is strong enough to take most pots down in NLHE, but the addition of the nut flush draw makes this particular hand strong enough to extract some value out of. You want your opponents to call bets chasing their possible f/d, over cards, ect. If they have a set you are behind, but have approx 8 outs to the flush. (my PokerStove isn't working porperly atm so I can't give exact odds).

You would like to milk bets out of this hand. But I wouldn't recommend playing it check/call. Lead out and let their reactions to your bets help you decide the action ahead.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow, a call with AQ. Worked out nice then. Though calling a huge overbet with A high and the Qh for the f/d was terrile on your opp's behalf. Guess you can't get any more value than that. :D

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I missed the part about this being a freeroll. You must have loved him turning over those cards though. I hope you TID.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I missed the part about this being a freeroll. You must have loved him turning over those cards though. I hope you TID.
Thanks, it was one of those easy ones where you only have to finish in the top 250 of 10,000 and then that entitles you to go through to a second humungous donkfest the next weeked :p

So the fact that I had an M of only 1 is fine, honest... ;)

Attachments

• CCTID.JPG
    CCTID.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 17
Full Flush Poker