Top Set 27 Person SNG

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beginning stage of this SNG...what's our best line on the flop? Is this a weak lead bet on a FD, possibly trying to get there cheaply?

pokerstars Game #21673017735: Tournament #117786812, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/11/01 14:26:54 ET
Table '117786812 1' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: dannymark11 (1460 in chips)
Seat 2: bobby orr 1 (1440 in chips)
Seat 3: ricardman20 (1710 in chips)
Seat 4: bollefreddie (1590 in chips)
Seat 5: mihtymouse79 (1140 in chips)
Seat 6: pupo 21 (1350 in chips)
Seat 7: The Shrog (1470 in chips)
Seat 8: Scabadan (1820 in chips)
Seat 9: *Maracinho* (1520 in chips)
dannymark11: posts small blind 10
bobby orr 1: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to The Shrog [Kc Ks]
ricardman20: calls 20
bollefreddie: calls 20
mihtymouse79: folds
pupo 21: folds
The Shrog: raises 80 to 100
Scabadan: folds
*Maracinho*: folds
dannymark11: folds
bobby orr 1: folds
ricardman20: calls 80
bollefreddie: calls 80
*** FLOP *** [Kd 2c 9c]
ricardman20: bets 60
bollefreddie: folds
The Shrog

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in that spot iam gonna check and let him bury himself. yes ok flush and str8 draw but in that spot so early in the tourney id rather let him bet and see what happens.. u can either smooth call or make big bump.. either way ull know where u and him are at in the hand right there..

kingsup23

kingsup23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id agree with pokerchild. I like slowplaying when i know i have the best hand. and if he does so happen to have the jq of clubs then good luck to you buddy and we'll race but like he said let him bury himself and you take the chips

W

wbread86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see any real reasons to be trying to slowplay here. You have a hand that could be drawn out on which is a bad situation. If you try and slowplay your going to lose any value of charging people for their draws. I would make a largish bet and hope that they come along and their draws don't appear or you draw to the full house. Also if you slowplay and they miss your not going to get any value of their missed draws a vast majority of the time. Get the chips in as fast as you can while your way ahead in this situation.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you can't check, call or raise. Pretty sure your not folding here.

Anyway, looks like there is 330 in the pot on the flop. That 60 bet sure looks like a block bet to me, which is just shenanigans.

If you want to slowplay, granted you do have the Kc, so even if the Turn is a club, you gain an additional 9 outs to the 2nd nutfl draw, in addition to your 10 fh outs, and 1 out for quads. But do you really want to give them a cheap card getting 7.5 to 1 on a draw? Probably not, or I wouldn't.

Now do you want them to stick around and add more chips to the pot, or is winning the pot good enough here? I'm not giving anyone that cheap of a card, but I think I want them to contribute a little more than a weak block bet, so you want to raise enough to make the odds to a draw worse, but small enough to get them to call. They may fold to any raise, but, again the pot is now 390, and if a raise takes it down, you can even show and gain some tbl image and win a decent pot.

So how much to raise? Well, you have a dominant hand, nuts on that flop, with 10 outs for the fh and 1 for quads to showdown with a possible redraw for the 2nd nutfl if the river brings a club. Raise to look like a cbet, defeat the block bet, decrease their odds, hope for a call(or reraise), and at worst win the pot to their fold. That looks like 220-240. Give em around 3 to 1(ok, a little less) and see iffin they want to play.

i desire love

i desire love

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id raise here to 210. Make him put chips in the pot. Dont give him a free card. Even if he hits flush or straight, you still have redraws option.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The correct play is to make it so he is making a mistake by calling. You need to give him incorrect odds to chase his draw. Anything less than a pot bet here will give him the odds he needs to correctly look you up. Don't give em to him!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think these little blocking bets are usually FDs trying to set their price. Most FDs that would limp and call here (Ax clubs) would think they have good equity and go for the ch/raise, not donk. I think it's much more likely that this is a pair under Kings that is trying to get some cheap info, so don't give it to him. This is a spot where I actually like the slow play. I call and hope he leads out bigger on the turn.

S

shano_88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably going to raise to around 260........if he has a flush or straight draw hes probably going to call but hes not getting the right price. if called going to lead for about 430 on the turn, still not getting odds if he chooses to call you

gnk2727

gnk2727

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a feeler bet to see where he stands in the hand. I dont think he had a straight draw......more likely a pocket pair and possibly hit trips as well or a flush draw.

Either way in that situation I'm prolly raising back at him to prevent him from chasing that flush......most likely he'll chase 1 more card.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, you can't check, call or raise. Pretty sure your not folding here.

The best option is to defecate on your hand and fling poo at your monitor.

I learned that trick from back when I worked at the zoo.