Top 2 with flush on board; $16/18

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain (along with the rest of the table has been somewhat loose. He's also been pretty aggressive; something like 30/15/4.

I've only played one hand, raising PF and taking it down with a c-bet on the flop.

Pokerstars Game (?) TOURNAMENT #66055688, $15+$1 HOLD'EM NO LIMIT - LEVEL III (25/50) - 2007/11/03 - 13:00:55 (ET)
Table '66055688 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 2: RED_RUM_tony (1070 in chips)
Seat 3: flopster7 (1725 in chips)
Seat 4: seb83220 (1340 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 5: buell67 (2640 in chips)
Seat 6: POLICE5150 (2595 in chips)
Seat 7: neegg2 (1135 in chips)
Seat 9: Hero (1495 in chips)
POLICE5150: posts small blind 25
neegg2: posts big blind 50

Holecards:
Dealt to Hero [
clubA.gif
clubJ.gif
]
Hero : raises 125 to 175
RED_RUM_tony: folds
flopster7: calls 175
seb83220: folds
buell67: calls 175
POLICE5150: folds
neegg2: folds

Flop:
[
heartJ.gif
spadeA.gif
spade5.gif
]
Hero : bets 400
flopster7: folds
buell67: calls 400

Turn:
[
heartJ.gif
spadeA.gif
spade5.gif
] [
spade7.gif
]
Hero : ...

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bet more on flop \ as played either decide to play hand or not -- with pot size 1400 and your stack under 1K it's gotta be a shove I'd think.

Walkmanx

Walkmanx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would personally push on the turn, i would put the Villain on Ax ...

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugly situation.

(I think not enough beginners post their thoughts/questions in these HA sections, and the more advanced don't post their whole thought process, so I'm going to make an effort to post more detail)

AJs, at the bottom end of what HOH suggests playing UTG, gets 2 callers rather than one resulting in having to make a bigger flop bet than if there was 1 caller (because the pot is bigger); maybe if the preflop bet was larger, especially as the table is loose, there would be less callers, but then you risk more chips and risk making the pot even bigger.

Bet enough at the flop to make a flush draw chaser to be making a mistake to call, but get one caller anyway, and then the flush fills. He didn't call with the Ace of spades 'cause it's on the table. The risk is if he has one spade and checks behind, getting a free look at the river card.

Checking OOP allows the villian to represent the flush even if he doesn't have it, or draw to the flush if he has one spade.

If you're gonna push anyways because of pot size/stack size/hand, maybe letting villian get his money in first by checking and then raising his anticipated stab at the pot gets you more money in the long run against an aggressive player.

Last edited:
Y

young hova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah you miswell bet it again on the turn, but if you say the villain is loose I wouldve strongly considered checking the flop and check raising his position bet on the flop. I would guess the chances of him not checking this flop are fairly high, being that he has the most chips at the table and he's loose he probably thinks he can bully you. That way you won't have to worry about him stealing it on the next street.

I don't think its in your best interest to fold here, normally i think that flop bet gets out the flush/straight draw, but if he's loose he's probably not playing the correct odds to draw game. based on the given situation I'm betting again, and will most likely call an all in. The fact that he called the flop bet is probably not good though, because now you can't really check without having to call a big bet most likely, if your bet was lower on flop maybe you can check the turn and he would put out a smaller bet and you could call down. If he has you pegged here it is what it is.

Full Flush Poker