Tell me this is not rigged!

I

iriechief

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing a 2 plus .20 bounty tournament so I understand people are going to be palying more "loose" than other tournaments. I have a player two seats to the right(so I got position) that has a few thousand more than me and who is rasing every pot. I am in 21st place with about 180 people left. The blinds are 300/600. I am in middle position when I get dealt AK off, the player with more chips calls and I raise to 1600. Everyone folds to him and he calls my 1600. Flop comes out 9s Kh Jc. Player bets 600 and because of his reckless and weak play I don't put him on straight, so I raise all in. He waits a second and calls with 92 Spades.
Well the turn and river are spades and I am sent to the rail in disbelief.
A few people a the table make comments like WOW and such. Then this guy says "You can't Beat ME" like he knew what was coming.
Is there any chance that he did know?

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not rigged.

You have 2 wishes remaining :)

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't think i can tell you it's not rigged because that guy was like 20% to win after the flop and 20% chances of course should never happen unless the game is rigged imo.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Then this guy says "You can't Beat ME"

Standard tilt inducing chat, seems to have worked too in this case.

I

iriechief

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who in there right mind can call a 1000 chip raise with 9 2 Suited?
Who can call an all in bet with bottom pair and a possible straight on the board?

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, it's rigged. He went through the RNG deck for your table, picked the 2 cards he needed to win, and shoved 'em in right where they needed to be. What you think he was doing with the couple of seconds it tool him to call? :eek:

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, he knows what cards are coming. that's probably why he's playing $2 tournaments. serious bizness

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who in there right mind can call a 1000 chip raise with 9 2 Suited?

Your raise wasn't even to 3xBB - general guidelines are to start there if you are opening, and add 1BB for every limper in front of you.

Because of this, he actually had about the right odds to call your pre-flop raise. There was 3100 in the pot (600+300+600+1600) and it cost him $1000 more to call your raise.

Sadly, 92o will win about 1/3 of the time against your AKo (or nearly any other two unsuited cards that aren't a pair). With that flop he'll outdraw you 2/3 of the time.

(I'm not sure about the exact suits of the flop, since you said that he had 92s and the flop also had a 9s - I assumed it was one of the other flop cards that was a spade. Doesn't really matter though.)

Who can call an all in bet with bottom pair and a possible straight on the board?

A flush beats a straight, and he would have had to put you on exactly QT for you to have it. If you think that you were playing loose enough that he thought you had QT, that could also contribute to a loose call.

A better question to ask might be "Should I push with Top Pair/Top Kicker with that possible straight, (or the possibility of two pair or a set) out against me?"

Last edited:
I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing a 2 plus .20 bounty tournament so I understand people are going to be palying more "loose" than other tournaments. I have a player two seats to the right(so I got position) that has a few thousand more than me and who is rasing every pot. I am in 21st place with about 180 people left. The blinds are 300/600. I am in middle position when I get dealt AK off, the player with more chips calls and I raise to 1600. Everyone folds to him and he calls my 1600. Flop comes out 9s Kh Jc. Player bets 600 and because of his reckless and weak play I don't put him on straight, so I raise all in. He waits a second and calls with 92 Spades.
Well the turn and river are spades and I am sent to the rail in disbelief.
A few people a the table make comments like WOW and such. Then this guy says "You can't Beat ME" like he knew what was coming.
Is there any chance that he did know?

You tell me to tell you this is not rigged. Ok, I will

This is not rigged

Sounds more like the guy is just being cocky after the hand

Gallo

Gallo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. The blinds are 300/600. I am in middle position when I get dealt AK off, the player with more chips calls and I raise to 1600. Everyone folds to him and he calls my 1600. Flop comes out 9s Kh Jc. Player bets 600 and because of his reckless and weak play I don't put him on straight, so I raise all in. He waits a second and calls with 92 Spades.
Is it me or the deck has two 9 spades!? :eek:

B

brianyahrly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop comes out 9s Kh Jc. Player bets 600 and because of his reckless and weak play I don't put him on straight, so I raise all in. He waits a second and calls with 92 Spades.

I would think a hand is rigged also if i saw two 9s in one hand...

Edit: lol @ the post above me....Didn't show up to me til after I sent.

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol well honestly this is what i think, when someone is hot and their feeling it their gonna call stuff like that, its part of the game gotta get used to it.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You asked so i'll tell u.....IT"S NOT RIGGED!!!!

B

brianyahrly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After reviewing your betting, you look like you could have been on a stone cold bluff. I'm not really sure of your stack sizes, but if you are 21st place in a field of 180 i'm guessing you are no where near short stacked. That would mean you are overbetting this pot for the hand your representing. You'd want to bet lower like 3/4 of the pot; your not giving him odds to draw at a straight (so if he does call he's making a mistake anyway).

This player could just be making a hero call, assuming you are bluffing. I REALLY don't like his call preflop...but his call after the flop really isn't that outrageous depending on how you've been playing at that table.

And for the main topic of the post....what site were you playing on? I'm a strong believer that the major sites are genuine and not rigged.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obv rigged with the 9s on board and 9s in his hand.

Get your money back, sir.

Mehman

Mehman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol this isn't bad..i had AA at 25NL flop a set with a few blanks manage to get all my money in, get called by 56o..turn 5 river 5 quad 5's..woo poker. And no nothing is rigged you just get unlucky at times...like myself :(.

L

lorrilyn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THERE SEEMS TO BE ALOT OF TALK ABOUT THINGS BEING RIGGED OF SOME ONE HAVING CRACKED THE PROGRAM SO THEY CAN SEE THE HOLE CARDS. BUT THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE THAT JUST PLAIN OLD STAY IN ON ANYTHING!!!!!!(MY HUSBAND ON MY ACCOUNT!!!) AND THEY JUST GET REAL LUCKY. ITS NOT RIGHT THAT STUPID PLAYERS WIN LIKE THAT BUT IT DOES HAPPEN. WE CAN ONLY HOPE THAT IT HAPPENS TO US SOMEDAY.:smile:

L

lorrilyn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ALMOST FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT 3 EOPLE THAT I KNOW WON'T PLAY THERE ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY ARE SOOOO SURE THAT IT IS RIGGED. BUT THEY ONLY SAY IT ON HIGH STAKES TABLES AND NOT ON TOURNEYS.

B

billybob16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Instead of trying to figure out if the site is rigged, maybe you should be asking yourself why you pushed all-in with just top pair.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love when people post impossible hands like this. There could not have been 2 9 of spades, or else it really is rigged. I think the guy before you folded the joker of spades though, so with that out gone I'd have to say it's pretty unlikely. Oh yeah, unlikely things have to happen with an RNG or else it is rigged.

Also, ytf is this in the analysis section and not in the bad beat section?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ALMOST FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT 3 EOPLE THAT I KNOW WON'T PLAY THERE ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY ARE SOOOO SURE THAT IT IS RIGGED. BUT THEY ONLY SAY IT ON HIGH STAKES TABLES AND NOT ON TOURNEYS.

The caps lock is rigged, obviously you can't figure out how to turn it off :)

I

iriechief

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok I see where my story/play has holes in it....just wanted to get you pros into lather! As I Analyze my play I realize I should quit playing poker

Poker Tells