Tell me if you make the call with 1010

G

Gambler47

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm open to hearing the criticism if you think I played this hand bad, but I want to know how many people honestly make this call with 1010. It was a bluff gone bad on my part when he called, but worked out beautifully lol. Keep in mind that the guy with 1010 was EXTREMELY aggressive and raised preflop about 12 of 15 hands prior to this and 3 bet big the other 3 times. Anyway, hear is the hand.

80707076-179 - Nightly $5.50 - $3K Gtd [Deep] (80697482-1)
Holdem Tournament No Limit Holdem Tournament
Friday 2 Jan 2015 9:54:09 PM
1: thegambler47
2: dragginuts
3: fullytilted44
4: DirtyRiverKid
5: jay1138
6: BMaverick60
7: bblabs
*** BLINDS ***
thegambler47 Paid Ante 80
dragginuts Paid Ante 80
fullytilted44 Paid Ante 80
DirtyRiverKid Paid Ante 80
jay1138 Paid Ante 80
BMaverick60 Paid Ante 80
bblabs Paid Ante 80
bblabs Posts Big Blind 800
*** PREFLOP ***
thegambler47 Hole Cards: Ad,Th
NormanG: nh gl all
thegambler47 Calls 800
dragginuts Raises 3760
fullytilted44 Folds
DirtyRiverKid Folds
jay1138 Folds
BMaverick60 Folds
bblabs Folds
thegambler47 Calls 2960
*** POSTFLOP ***
Community Cards: 7s,Js,3s
thegambler47 Checks
dragginuts Bet 4440
thegambler47 Raises 8880
dragginuts Calls 4440
*** POSTTURN ***
Community Cards: 7s,Js,3s,5d
thegambler47 went All In 19592
dragginuts Calls 19592
thegambler47 Shows Ad,Th
dragginuts Shows Td,Tc
*** POSTRIVER ***
Community Cards: 7s,Js,3s,5d,Ac
*** END OF GAME ***
thegambler47 won 65824 from Pot 1 with Pair of Aces

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You really need to show the SPR to get any real input but as shown I'd have to say you played badly and lucked out on the river.

C

Caissa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a very interesting hand. I wish you had provided stack sizes. They may have a lot to do with the problem. That being said:

Holding TT with the flop coming Js7s3s the only hands I am going to be worried about are Jx, QQ+. With KQ, AQ and AK being basically a flip I really not worried about anything else you might be holding....except a flush of course.

Since you limped in I am not putting you on QQ+. This may actually be a leak in my game because I seemed to get trapped a lot in late stages. Still I'm figuring you are going to raise with those hands.

With Jx I don't think you are calling my raise, except for AJ of course. That's kind of a scary hand.

Post flop the check raise would be kind of a red flag for me I think. If you have the flush I'm thinking you aren't going to want to scare me off the pot by raising. On the other hand if you are holding AJ you aren't going to want to give me a look at a free card. A K or a Q (or a spade) could ruin your hole day.

That all being said your betting would have looked really scary to me but I still think I would have been attached to the TT. There are just not that many hands you could be holding that would have been ahead of me.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played very bad, even horrible!!!

So you limp TT for set value with +30bb why ? raise preflop 3-4 bb more better.....

Then it makes no sense to talk about postflop, with this game you will be mainly behind on this board...It's more like a coin and big luck...

LinkornU

LinkornU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My congratulations! Because you were SO lucky. If you continue playing in such way you'll be a bankrupt pretty soon.
You have to bet and if you don't want to bet you should fold. What you did before flop and what you did after wasn't logical.

Eminescu99

Eminescu99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you got lucky, If you continue to play like this I don't think you go away it s my oppinion :p

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Played very bad, even horrible!!!

So you limp TT for set value with +30bb why ? raise preflop 3-4 bb more better.....

Then it makes no sense to talk about postflop, with this game you will be mainly behind on this board...It's more like a coin and big luck...

You analysis of this hand is almost as bad as the play, since hero didn't hold TT. Good try, though.

I'm open to hearing the criticism if you think I played this hand bad, but I want to know how many people honestly make this call with 1010. It was a bluff gone bad on my part when he called, but worked out beautifully lol. Keep in mind that the guy with 1010 was EXTREMELY aggressive and raised preflop about 12 of 15 hands prior to this and 3 bet big the other 3 times. Anyway, hear is the hand.

Never limp UTG. Ever.

Don't play ATo UTG. Ever.

Never call OOP with ATo. Ever.

In summary, fold preflop. End of story.

-HooDooKoo

A

alexgl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice - do not need to play like that. With this game you can be left with nothing.

E

erlanditas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You CALLED NOTHING? :D please stop doing this you will loose your money, maybe you are newbie, then I cant express my criticism.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he is calling wiht his 1010 most of the time since he is agressive player and u got very lucky against him this time.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You analysis of this hand is almost as bad as the play, since hero didn't hold TT. Good try, though.

Never limp UTG. Ever.

-HooDooKoo

Lol, i love both comments, and i agree with you :)

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips

Never limp UTG. Ever.

-HooDooKoo

Agreed with this comment completely ..

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a brag if you ask me, OP is even asking for HA on his opponent's hand.

B

Bayern2015

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm... First i looking for my possition if my possition is bad i fold... But if i am at top ten i call this... ;)

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You open limp UTG with ATo. I can overlook the AT hand - since its 7 handed (but I'm not going to play it). I can overlook the limp - maybe that table was incredibly passive (but I'm raising because it is 7 handed)...

Calling a 4x+ raise, out of position with ATo? Okay, you have no discipline and just have to see a flop. I'll let you have this too (but bad move). But did you even think that by doing this you are now representing a range of hands to your opponent that mostly consists of small pairs (less than TT) and Ax?

Totally whiff on the flop and check - yeah, you have too much into this, time to get out.

CHECK/RAISE!?! Why not Check/Shove? I assume by this time you already know you want to get your whole stack in on this bluff (if not, again - terribly played). You raised $4440 into a pot of $13320 - giving him 3 to 1. Good call by him.

NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU SHOVE - after some pretty passive action. Very fishy. There's no continuity to your action. He's calling because you don't make any sense. If you were playing this badly before this hand with him and he has a HUD and he has notes on you - yeah, snap call.

So yeah, not played very well at all.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That check raise on the flop was terrible. bluffing is all about fold equity. If ur going to bluff someone you can't give him good odds, u gotta make the pot big. In addition to that, he called so u should've assumed he had something and was not believing that u had a J or better. And that shove on the river was clearly a desperate attempt.

P

pokrjoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You open limp UTG with ATo. I can overlook the AT hand - since its 7 handed (but I'm not going to play it). I can overlook the limp - maybe that table was incredibly passive (but I'm raising because it is 7 handed)...

Calling a 4x+ raise, out of position with ATo? Okay, you have no discipline and just have to see a flop. I'll let you have this too (but bad move). But did you even think that by doing this you are now representing a range of hands to your opponent that mostly consists of small pairs (less than TT) and Ax?

Totally whiff on the flop and check - yeah, you have too much into this, time to get out.

CHECK/RAISE!?! Why not Check/Shove? I assume by this time you already know you want to get your whole stack in on this bluff (if not, again - terribly played). You raised $4440 into a pot of $13320 - giving him 3 to 1. Good call by him.

NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU SHOVE - after some pretty passive action. Very fishy. There's no continuity to your action. He's calling because you don't make any sense. If you were playing this badly before this hand with him and he has a HUD and he has notes on you - yeah, snap call.

:eek: :eek: ....ainec... you should ship $5 to mediablitz for that break down

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you absolutely played this from pre to your AI as bad as it could possibly be played. You hit the lottery. A 10 10 call by V was a whole lot better than your push.

Advice..........don't do this anymore.

+1000 to mediablitz nailed it and was a lot nicer than I would have been.

J

Jpetro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say that limp calling pre here is bad. I would have made a standard opening raise. I really don't like the flop check raise here either. I would bet the flop and most likely fold to a raise. I am not saying that he played the hand better but if I'm in that spot and you check raise the flop then shove the turn I would put more draws in your range than made hands.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah, I think this ^^^^ says it all.

Poker Tells