Take a look at this hand..

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in a free roll cause I haven't in a good long while.. but take a look at the starting hands for everyone. LOL Yet one isn't supposed to question the status of the RNG.

Stage #378430236 Tourney ID 1047582 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $20 - 2006-04-15 08:40:12 (ET)
Table: 164 (real money) Seat #1 is the dealer
Seat 1 - BOOGYMANHERE ($1410 in chips)
Seat 2 - AINTYBRO ($2085 in chips)
Seat 3 - TWIZZYBOP ($3570 in chips)
Seat 4 - PUGSTASH ($1820 in chips)
Seat 5 - ANG1968 ($45 in chips)
Seat 6 - 2CHANCIE ($1700 in chips)
Seat 7 - JBISON ($2760 in chips)
Seat 8 - MEANJEAN ($3930 in chips)
Seat 9 - QWIZARD ($742.50 in chips)
AINTYBRO - Posts small blind $20
TWIZZYBOP - Posts big blind $40
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [Ah Ks]
PUGSTASH - Raises $120 to $120
ANG1968 - Folds
2CHANCIE - Folds
JBISON - Calls $120
MEANJEAN - Folds
QWIZARD - All-In(Raise) $742.50 to $742.50
BOOGYMANHERE - Folds
AINTYBRO - All-In(Raise) $2065 to $2085
TWIZZYBOP - All-In(Raise) $3530 to $3570
PUGSTASH - All-In $1700
JBISON - All-In $2640
TWIZZYBOP - returned ($810) : not called
*** FLOP *** [4s 5d 6c]
*** TURN *** [4s 5d 6c] [5c]
*** RIVER *** [4s 5d 6c 5c] [5h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
AINTYBRO - Shows [Ad Kd] (Three of a kind, fives)
TWIZZYBOP - Shows [Ah Ks] (Three of a kind, fives)
PUGSTASH - Shows [Ac Kc] (Three of a kind, fives)
JBISON - Shows [Jd Jh] (Full house, fives full of jacks)
QWIZARD - Shows [Qd Kh] (Three of a kind, fives)
JBISON Collects $1350 from side pot-3
JBISON Collects $795 from side pot-2
JBISON Collects $4310 from side pot-1
JBISON Collects $3712.50 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($10167.50:$3712.50,$4310,$795,$1350)
Board [4s 5d 6c 5c 5h]
Seat 1: BOOGYMANHERE (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 2: AINTYBRO (small blind) HI:lost with Three of a kind, fives [Ad Kd - B:5h,B:5d,B:5c,P:Ad,P:Kd]
Seat 3: TWIZZYBOP (big blind) HI:lost with Three of a kind, fives [Ah Ks - B:5h,B:5d,B:5c,P:Ah,P:Ks]
Seat 4: PUGSTASH HI:lost with Three of a kind, fives [Ac Kc - B:5h,B:5d,B:5c,P:Ac,P:Kc]
Seat 5: ANG1968 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: 2CHANCIE Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 7: JBISON won Total ($10167.50) All-In HI:($10167.50) with Full house, fives full of jacks [Jd Jh - B:5h,B:5d,B:5c,P:Jh,P:Jd]
Seat 8: MEANJEAN Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 9: QWIZARD HI:lost with Three of a kind, fives [Qd Kh - B:5h,B:5d,B:5c,P:Kh,P:Qd]

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Twizzy,

I'm not sure you want to hear anything on this hand or not, but......here it is either way.
I don't like your play at all on this hand. Even though AK is a fairly strong hand preflop, you know it isn't a made Hand like a PP. I know it was a freeroll but, it seems like it was early in the tournament and you weren't short stacked.
You called after 2 others went all in front of you. I guess you were hoping to get lucky? Even the JBison's call of the allin might have been a +EV but with three allins ahead of him, IMHO it wasn't that smart. He wasn't short stack and he just got lucky to be the only pair in the hole.
I see what you mean on the hands three AK's hand in one hand and plus a KQ...............It doesn't say which site you were on, I think I would watch this site a bit more cautiously if I were you.

okie dokie, enough of my nagging :)

BTW you could also ignore what I said, because I don't always know what I am talking about somedays :D

Last edited:
twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes dessert I know allready I was wrong.. My intentions was just to show how many face cards were shown before pre-flop. Other then that.. I normally would have folded(hence the free roll aspect)..

I just wanted to act like the crazies, which at this point was funny to me anyway to see what everyone else was holding.

Osmann

Osmann

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not much of a texas hold'em guru, but I kind of like this play early in a tournament. Even though this was a freeroll, an early chiplead is always nice and taking a chance in order to get this is IMO rarely a bad move. of course you're not the favourite to win the pot, but in most situations you have the correct odds to call (considering your opponents are mostly donkeys). you could easely be up against several underpairs and worse A's, so in a cash game(with such bad opponents) you would probably never consider folding.

There's also a chance you're in bad shape, but I think there's a better chance you're in good shape, so push and hope you're in good shape and take down a huge pot. Remember, making the money in 5 tournyes in a row isn't as good as winning 1 and busting early in 4.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands