should i have folded this?

M

mlkmn5029

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #24045564354: Tournament #134953597, $0.10+$0.00 Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (400/800) - 2009/01/18 21:42:55 ET
Table '134953597 36' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: timeingchane (12189 in chips)
Seat 2: bmawakeesick (14808 in chips)
Seat 3: Amaral2 (12955 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 4: mlkmn5029 (13680 in chips)
Seat 5: otismymaan (5920 in chips)
Seat 6: oravis (2435 in chips)
Seat 7: chetzel69 (15245 in chips)
Seat 8: breezerslut (6505 in chips)
Seat 9: stemet (6185 in chips)
timeingchane: posts the ante 75
bmawakeesick: posts the ante 75
Amaral2: posts the ante 75
mlkmn5029: posts the ante 75
otismymaan: posts the ante 75
oravis: posts the ante 75
chetzel69: posts the ante 75
breezerslut: posts the ante 75
stemet: posts the ante 75
breezerslut: posts small blind 400
stemet: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to mlkmn5029 [9d 9s]
timeingchane: calls 800
bmawakeesick: calls 800
Amaral2: folds
mlkmn5029: calls 800
otismymaan: folds
oravis: folds
chetzel69: raises 14370 to 15170 and is all-in
breezerslut: calls 6030 and is all-in
stemet: folds
timeingchane: folds
bmawakeesick: folds
mlkmn5029: calls 12805 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (1565) returned to chetzel69
*** FLOP *** [7s 6h As]
*** TURN *** [7s 6h As] [7d]
*** RIVER *** [7s 6h As 7d] [8d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
mlkmn5029: shows [9d 9s] (two pair, Nines and Sevens)
chetzel69: shows [Ad 3c] (two pair, Aces and Sevens)
chetzel69 collected 14350 from side pot
breezerslut: shows [Kh 4h] (a pair of Sevens)
chetzel69 collected 22365 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 36715 Main pot 22365. Side pot 14350. | Rake 0
Board [7s 6h As 7d 8d]
Seat 1: timeingchane folded before Flop
Seat 2: bmawakeesick folded before Flop
Seat 3: Amaral2 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: mlkmn5029 showed [9d 9s] and lost with two pair, Nines and Sevens
Seat 5: otismymaan folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: oravis folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: chetzel69 (button) showed [Ad 3c] and won (36715) with two pair, Aces and Sevens
Seat 8: breezerslut (small blind) showed [Kh 4h] and lost with a pair of Sevens
Seat 9: stemet (big blind) folded before Flop

thinking i should have just tossed this, i didn't tho. value ya'll opinion here at this site. only 10 cents, no big lose here.....chetz was playing loose as a goose in this tourney. was looking at way too many flops and raising alot with garbage

AZE

AZE

DC Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty obv one of them will have an A and of course an ace will flop more than a 9 will... just fold.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the AI and a caller ahead of you, you have to lay this down. Don't let the results, the starting hands they showed, effect you.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an easy/standard shove when it gets to you the first time. DON'T EVER LIMP when the blinds are this high.

As played, I'm still calling.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
chetz was playing loose as a goose in this tourney. was looking at way too many flops and raising alot with garbage

Your call is oki based on that he was Lose and he's card shows that you were right.

You are actually a 70% favorit as he only has one over card to your 99, so hand is correctly played, however you were unlucky.

However if you dont want to "gamble" Raise, with the hand it's not a good play to limp after 2 callers, make up your mind here, how you want to play that hand, with 2 limpers in front of you you will have a really hard time on the flop if a 9 dosn't show, basically a good pocket pair should try to be played against one opponent,(so raise /shove to get other limpers out) you can limp with small pocket pairs, but then you have to throw them away for raises or if you don't hit on the flop.

Last edited:
J

JoeDi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More than likely your going against 4 over cards in this situation.. reality you should fold but a lot of people would have called on a .10 tourney... If you were really playing to win you might have to drop the 99 but....

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure the limp is exactly what got you in trouble... the SB figured "OK, nobodies got A big, so I'll make them think I do".

Looking at your table and the relative stack sizes, I'd be thinking the following: You have to limpers in front out of position... I usually treat these guys as "I kinda have something and might call one of the short stacks if they push and it folds back around, but I aint to married to this puppy".

When it comes to you, there's 2800 in the pot. My choice would be to throw out a raise and make it ~3K to go... I'm not overly thrilled with this hand and I see it as 1 of three things is gonna happen here so I really want to avoid committing to this hand with a PF shove:

1) it folds around to the limpers, and one or both call... now I'm gonna play as if I have ppK's or A-Big here...the limpers biggest fear since their out of position and are risking their tourney life going stack to stack with me... if one jumps an overs flop with a shove and no nine... I'm outta there! Check to you on the flop? take it down with a shove or get stacked trying
2) one or more of the 6K guys is gonna shove... now if one or both limpers in front of me call... be very afraid... lay it down and wait for a better spot. If both limpers fold, I call.
3) Every one folds and I take down 2800 and I'm very, very happy with the outcome.

M

mallyworld

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After you limped, you had to know the all in was either a better PP or A something. If you were the first to call the all in then ok...as long as you know you might be behind, but I would not have called it with someone else calling before you...odds are not in your favor.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I would have folded this.
With one raise then a reraise in front of you I would have definatly made a easy fold.
I also would have raised preflop instead of limping.
Allthough that might have costed me a few chips you might have been able to force someone off that weak ace.

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I would have folded this.
With one raise then a reraise in front of you I would have definatly made a easy fold.
^^--- This

I also would have raised preflop instead of limping. Allthough that might have costed me a few chips you might have been able to force someone off that weak ace.
Dead-nutz on IMHO... the weak ace was in the SB...

I'm sure the limp is exactly what got you in trouble... the SB figured "OK, nobodies got A big, so I'll make them think I do".

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pffft...Our M is 6, get it in the first time.

D

DocHamer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded it. and Ace and pfft unless you are looking for a miracle.

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played as is, I would have folded. If you are gonna shove middle pairs, A-rag, small pairs, make sure you are the FIRST person to the pot!!

With premium hands, insta-shove regardless of what happens.

Folding in Poker