me: calls 690
*** TURN *** [Js 9s Td] [4c]
me: checks
BugaNSK: bets 1830
me: calls 1830 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [Js 9s Td 4c] [Ac]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
me: shows [Jh Qh] (a pair of Jacks)
BugaNSK: shows [Ts Tc] (three of a kind, Tens)
BugaNSK collected 6015 from pot

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold in this spot on the flop unless you feel this player is a tricky player who likes to make plays at the pot usually when someone smooth calls pre then reraises into aggression on the flop they have a big hand and want to get there chips in.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Moved to Tournament Hand Analysis where it should get more replies.

Hi qia, if you create a thread in this forum it will prompt you for information and a title to help forum members - for example, the buy in amount.

Please don't include results in the hand history if you're asking for feedback on how to play the hand, it biases the analysis (if I know this is a set of TT's, of course Hero should've folded!!! :) Not really, but that's likely what I'll think) and what actually happened literally doesn't matter.

Finally, a hand converter is easy to use - here's one: www.handconverter.com

T

The Spillage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This a great example of the need for real caution when playing these marginal hands OOP. That flop has almost certainly hit your opponents range. Ask yourself why you're overbetting on that flop - 330 into a pot of 225 with that flop probably isn't great. I wouln't even be looking to c-bet (value bet?) this flop full-stop. You've got two opponents to act behind you and that board is unbelievably dangerous. Anyone with 99-JJ has you beat, anyone with AJ, KQ, KJ, J10 too. Any flush draw is a danger.

Ideally I suppose you're looking for any free cards you can get - looking to check it down and hit that straight. If not, then I suppose a c/c on a street or two isn't out of the question but only if the price is right. Sometimes, against the right opponent, I'd consider a c/r on a straight draw but not on this board against two possible villains.

Proceed with caution. As soon as anyone tells you they've got a better hand in this spot - then they probably have!

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
top pair + open ended straight draw isnt a good enough hand to cbet with?

T

The Spillage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I rather not C-bet this OOP. There are too many opponents behind me and, as I say, I'd be worried about too many hands. If I get flat called I don't know where I stand - is villain drawing to a flush, has he got better J, has he hit the straight already with KQ. If I get re-raised - do I simply give it up? I'd be calling 330 into a pot of 800. If I'm getting odds of 2.5:1 with 13 outs (4 kings, 3 queens, 2 jacks, 4 8's) then I probably should be calling right? But how many are true outs. If he's got KQ already then I can discount the K's and 8's. If he hits a flush draw I'm also in trouble.

I guess the point I trying to make is it's all a bit... tricky and I wouldn't be comfortable in this spot. Feel free to pick this apart - I'm probably wrong and would appreicate any thoughts.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind checking actually, But theres only 2 opponants behind us, Id proabably mix it up in this spot with some c bets and some checks. Especially at the lower levels, i think we nearly have enough equity to get it in on the flop vs a random $2 player. Close one...

I think your probably correct though.. i definately dont like overbetting the pot in this spot. something like 220 would be sufficient

qia1989

qia1989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Moved to Tournament Hand Analysis where it should get more replies.

Hi qia, if you create a thread in this forum it will prompt you for information and a title to help forum members - for example, the buy in amount.

Please don't include results in the hand history if you're asking for feedback on how to play the hand, it biases the analysis (if I know this is a set of TT's, of course Hero should've folded!!! :) Not really, but that's likely what I'll think) and what actually happened literally doesn't matter.

Finally, a hand converter is easy to use - here's one: www.handconverter.com
thanks for the advice ,i will give more imformation about the hand,such as the buy in and the postion i sit ,the stack category etc,i will learn the converter ,maybe i am still a new player:D :D

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker