Set on monotone flop

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really hate these situations. Early so no reads but neither villain has done anything out of line so far, $15 turbo.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool

Hero (t1395)
Button (t1430)
SB (t1290)
BB (t1655)
UTG (t1850)
UTG+1 (t1320)
MP1 (t1550)
MP2 (t1470)
MP3 (t1540)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5
diamond.gif
, 5
club.gif
UTG calls t30, 4 folds, Hero calls t30, 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t120) 9
heart.gif
, 5
heart.gif
, 2
heart.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets t60, Hero raises to t180, SB folds, BB raises to t450, UTG folds, Hero REALLY HATES POKER

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow, that is a very tough spot. don't see what BB could have besides a flush. I guess you could fold... (folding set sucks though) or you can call and fill up..... or you could shove and give yourself 2 cards to fill up if you feel like gamboooooooooling.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reluctantly fold. You have to believe that BB has the flush. Probably Ace- or King-high flush, I would think, since he has to assume that your pretty sharp raise on the flop means there is a good chance you have it too.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think shove. bb could be holding anything, including top pair, 2 pair, or a open ended or gutshot straight draw. could be Ah9x also. i think you're ahead here, and if not you still have the redraw to quads/fh.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shove it here. I think the majority of the time, an online player is not going to make this raise with a flopped flush. If any raise, they might make a min-raise. They could have the flush, but from what I've seen of typical online players, the odds are a little bit in favor of them not having it. If they do, you're about 37% to make your FH. Decent enough worst case scenario odds for me (okay, worst case scenario is they have 99, but that'd just be ridiculous) to just push all-in.

*Note, if this is an SnG, I'm significantly more likely to fold, because I think I can outplay and make the money a good portion of the time. If it's an MTT, I definitely push and go for it here, and if they flopped the flush and I don't improve to FH, I just accept that the luck wasn't with me and at least I didn't waste 3 hours to win just over my buy-in back.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any reason we would mind waiting for a non-heart turn before we put the rest of our chips in? It's not like BB is folding whatever it is he's holding right now anyway so we'll still get all our chips in - we do however reserve the right to fold a nasty turn card, so we're the ones who gain from waiting, not him. I don't fold though, since we have 7 outs to beat a flush and have a decent overlay where we're still best.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to say fold and wait for a nicer situation, but FP makes a pretty good case for calling. I think a push is kind of reckless. It's not like it's impossible someone has a flush, is it? After all, he's checked and there's been a bet, raise, and now he's re-raising. Looks pretty likely to me, although [Ah] + maybe a pair is within his range.