red AA on all spades flop

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the worst flops for aces, I'd think. Draw-heavy, all opposite suits to mine...

I'm about 25/13/3 right now, and was hoping for a reraise here as I'd been raising quite a few pots recently. LocalChamp is 40/0, but has only been here for 5 hands. The last player is 18/13/7 and has been on the same table as me for a while...he likes to play back at me a little bit too :eek:

Great situation, eh?

pokerstars Game #10903797604: Tournament #54945799, $3.00+$0.30 Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2007/07/12 - 16:43:39 (ET)
Table '54945799 280' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: ChuckTs (20709 in chips)
Seat 2: BieneMajaD (11835 in chips)
Seat 3: NOBADI (6422 in chips)
Seat 4: NoHandicap4u (57879 in chips)
Seat 5: Stevo43 (14055 in chips)
Seat 6: pai mai23 (31958 in chips)
Seat 7: LocalChamp7 (34765 in chips)
Seat 8: francis11100 (23256 in chips)
Seat 9: The Leaf (30996 in chips)
ChuckTs: posts the ante 50
BieneMajaD: posts the ante 50
NOBADI: posts the ante 50
NoHandicap4u: posts the ante 50
Stevo43: posts the ante 50
pai mai23: posts the ante 50
LocalChamp7: posts the ante 50
francis11100: posts the ante 50
The Leaf: posts the ante 50
pai mai23: posts small blind 300
LocalChamp7: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ChuckTs [Ad Ah]
francis11100: folds
The Leaf: folds
ChuckTs: raises 1048 to 1648
BieneMajaD: folds
NOBADI: folds
NoHandicap4u: calls 1648
Stevo43: folds
pai mai23: folds
LocalChamp7: calls 1048
*** FLOP *** [Ts 4s Js]
LocalChamp7: checks
ChuckTs: ...

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOOOP ! WOOOP !WOOOP!

min raise alert system activated

WOOOP ! WOOOOP ! WOOOP !

Just kidding ;P

The raise PF was too small, getting cute with the table just causes problems. I rarely try and let someone else bet for me PF.

Now you got a pot thats about 5.5k ish, and you've got 19k chips left. We need to find out where we stand. What sort of bet would it take to get enough information at this point to make a good decision?

I'd probably bet the pot and go from there.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pre-flop raise was fine imo and not that small. It was nearly 3x the BB.. looks like about 2.75. In the middle-late stages of MTTs there are many pros who regularly change their pre-flop raises to 2.5x and this is still more than that

Anyway, I'd bet around 3/4 the pot.. if raised evaluate the raiser, their position, raise size etc. There are a lot of different factors and it would take a lot of time to analyze every different situation

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eff, that wasn't really a minraise..., blinds are 600, Chuck raised around 2.5x. (but your humor is duly noted).

I'd bet out around 4k here (or in Chucks betting style, 4228). Yes it's a bad flop, but probably just as bad for the callers. The odds of a flopped flush are small, but you want them to pay for drawing (which is more likely).

*********edit: I was typing this as Combuboom posted, pretty dam close to a repost LOL. So, what he said^^^*********************

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd bet out around 4k here (or in Chucks betting style, 4228).

What exactly is that betting style?

Something just to confuse us more mathematically challenged?

Or a finely tuned calculation using position, number of live hands, blinds, M, Q, and the HUD stats of the remaining players? :)

Otherwise, what they said.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
re: the raise size, I'd been raising that size the last hour or so. My bet sizes are around 2.5 BBs because I'm raising a lot more in the later stages than I would be in the earlier ones, and I don't want to get myself into too much trouble when I get caught stealing. I wasn't about to raise more with aces (that would set off another kind of alarm bell, but in my opponents' heads ;))

The weird amounts are just a random thing I (and many others) do just to keep people off-balance.

So everyone says basically just lead for 2/3+ of the pot? okey dokey.

Dealt to ChuckTs [Ad Ah]
francis11100: folds
The Leaf: folds
ChuckTs: raises 1048 to 1648
BieneMajaD: folds
NOBADI: folds
NoHandicap4u: calls 1648
Stevo43: folds
pai mai23: folds
LocalChamp7: calls 1048
*** FLOP *** [Ts 4s Js]
LocalChamp7: checks
ChuckTs: bets 4567
NoHandicap4u: folds
LocalChamp7: folds
ChuckTs collected 5694 from pot
ChuckTs: doesn't show hand

Simple result, but I thought the flop decision was kinda tough at the time. Mainly because if I was faced with a raise or even a cold-call, I don't think I'd know what to do on the turn...

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What exactly is that betting style?

Something just to confuse us more mathematically challenged?

Or a finely tuned calculation using position, number of live hands, blinds, M, Q, and the HUD stats of the remaining players? :)

I, too, would like to know the thinking here NL. Maybe it the temperature outside, plus Chucks current weight, plus the sum value of his hand, plus the pot... minus a quarter of that sum?:deal:

Sorry about the hijack.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simple result, but I thought the flop decision was kinda tough at the time. Mainly because if I was faced with a raise or even a cold-call, I don't think I'd know what to do on the turn...

I was thinking about that also... If you get a call there, do you put them on a draw, or slowplayed flush? If the turn is a blank, do you fire again? What if it is a card that likely hit a drawing hand, like a spade or 9 or probably the worst... an A of spades. Do you slow down or even fold to a bet?

This would have been a curious hand had you gotten a call (good hand for HA anyways). Yes, I know there are alot of what ifs, but I like to think those through.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a lot of ways this feels similar to when you raise preflop with JJ, and and A, K or Q comes on the flop. I know I'm not in a great situation, but I feel like I've got to represent strength because unless they've hit the flop hard, they don't know that I haven't hit.

'Course, if they know that it's unlikely that I really hit the flop, even if they didn't, they can take a shot at representing that they hit it, but if I think they're thinking that, .....