Rebuy hand gambool or stick

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand happened midway through the rebuy stage.

villain1 11k chip leader
villain2 11k 2nd in chips
hero 9k 3rd in chips

chip leader goes all in and villain 2 calls it gets folded to you in the bb. hero has 76 hrt What do you do in this situation?

odds are as follow
both have 2 high cars you are 30 % to win

both have same high cards u r 48% to win

have high pp you are 23 % to win

absolute worst case one has 77 other 66 u r 16 %

if u win the pot u will have 3x second stack u lose u rebuy and have time to rebuild. Do you take the risk or fold and wait for better spot

i called it was just wondering what others would do in this spot go for big stack or fold for bettter spot

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the advantage of rebuys. You call it. You have a major chance of becoming the tourney leader halfway through the first half. The worst case you can do is rebuy and start over.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold... just cos it's a rebuy you don't have to play stoopid.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the advantage of rebuys. You call it. You have a major chance of becoming the tourney leader halfway through the first half. The worst case you can do is rebuy and start over.
Rebuy and get 1,500 chips when the chip leader (who will be on your table) has 31,000? Fold.

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuy and get 1,500 chips when the chip leader (who will be on your table) has 31,000? Fold.

if u fold it is 9k to 22k top stack if u call it is 3k to 31k with 2nd stack at 6k

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u fold it is 9k to 22k top stack

And that's fine, much better than 3k vs 31k. 76s vs 2 opponents I don't think is a wise call. 1 of those guys could have a PP higher than 77. You say its midway through rebuy stage and you have 9k, I'd pick a better spot considering play is still very loose and smaller stacks are very willing to risk with marginal hands. You have 9k no need to get involved with 76s in 3-way. I'm guessing you called and won but that's being results oriented, I think this is a fold.

I'm also guessing this is the $3 rebuy tourney, if you end the rebuy period with ~15k that's not bad and you are close enough to that so taking stupid risks is wrong.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
up to you, really. ive called and folded hands like these before. 31k puts us in the top 10 for sure, and that's definitely what we want

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we could assume your 4 scenarios have equal weight (probably a bad assumption) then you would be getting 3/1 pot odds with something only a bit better than 4 to 1 winning odds. Close, but no cigar for me. I'd fold.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ran some simulations of this on cardplayer.com's holdem calculator and its much closer than I thought. I'm still not convinced I'd call this but its true that the only case you're a real dog is if 1 of the 2 villains has a PP 88+, in which case you're a 4 to 1 dog. If they both have 2 high cards non suited you're a 2 to 1 dog, which are also the odds you're getting for your money. If they have 2 high cards with 1 in common, you're better than 2 to 1 and in some cases, depending on suits, you're favored.

Rebuys really create some bizarre scenarios where not everything makes sense. If you're up to gambling I guess this call isn't so bad after all. With 9k I'm thinking it also depends on how much time is left for the rebuy period, how much you've put out already and are willing to keep putting out, and what the current and expected average stack is at the end of the rebuy period. Not easy to figure all this out. As many times happens in holdem, this is not a clear cut decision. Probably in some cases you should call this every time because 2 stacks bigger than yours are already in. I wouldn't know where to start sorting out the numbers in this specific case with the info we have but it appears that a call is not really that bad.

gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The chip leaders aren't risking their stack on air. Well, maybe the one that pushed might be, but the one that called almost certainly is not. You are going to have to hit the flop hard and I can't see this working out in your favour without a great amount of luck. IMO this is an easy fold.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think if the chip leader with that many chips shoves all-in at this stage he probably wants a call to increase his lead even more which means he has a decent hand (I see A-K do this often in this spot). The second guy probably wouldn't call with out a decent hand probably a decent pair. I think your wourst case scenerio would be up against to over cards by one guy and a pair higher than 7's by another. This is very likely. No matter what their holdings your hand has to improve for you to win you have no showdown value with 7 high. I believe in playing loose in a rebuy but this is just too loose for my taste. Remember why we play hands like 76 suited in the first place, it's for it's potential to see a flop cheaply and win a big pot on the rare times it hits big. Here you have the opposite.

I would call with any pair, any 2 suited cards over 9 and any 2 cards over J.

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.I would call with any pair, any 2 suited cards over 9 and any 2 cards over J.[/quote]

so u want to be a massive dog then You are so often dominated with the range u just pointed out. The beauty of the small suited connector is tht it is very unlikly to be dominated other thn by over pairs and even thn u have more thn 2 outs to cover it. whereas u go in with pp and u have 2 outs if u are dominated.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands