Raise of Fold ?

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG Pocket Pairs 77 Single table 9 players turbo (5 left) blinds Level V (150/75) Hero 3865 chips (25 bb). Raise or fold ?

Attachments

• 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
xastaria

xastaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in in my opinion....but if other players are very tight then fold.....

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why allin? There are no antes. I don't think it's worth risking 25bb for 1,5bb. I think min raise it's ok. In a 5 handed case you're probably in 1st place.

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
min raise and see what happens
if they 3bet you fold
post flop c-bet,semi bluff
if you hit a 7 in flop you can check for value

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
raise is the good choice. but without calling re-raise) only when reraise is from BB who want to defence his chips, imao

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think you should raise 3 bb and then shove or fold if villain makes a 3 bet raise.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
more solid evidence that tournament play is hugely +ev

joker131

joker131

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unless your willing to put your game on the line from a reraise fold. your only playing to take the blinds. but a mid range pair with 5 left is not a bad hand to shove your chips

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold.

I have a healthy stack and would not like to gamble or risk much.

I am not desperate at this point.

M

Mug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe all the responses that recommend either folding or pushing all in. I am raising this 2.5-3x every single time. If you face a reraise, you either fold or 4bet depending on the opponent and their stack size.
You have plenty of chips left to play poker after the flop. If things do not go as planned you should be able to get away from the hand with somewhere between 17-22 BB remaining.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep I totally agree with Mug here...
Stack sizes of the other players is very important here you need a bigger screenshot so we can see them.
Five handed 77 is a strong hand so no way I'm folding, as there are no antes open shoving isn't profitable enough so I'd min raise or 2.5x here depending on how tight the BB is..
The standard play is to raise/fold if 3bet depending on the player and his stack size.
If a short stack 3bets you putting in more than a third of his chips then they are committed so fold.
If you get 3bet small by someone who's deeper and in position but you could cripple them, then a 4 bet jam is an option, you have FE and you are slight fav flipping with the higher card combos and you shouldn't call a 3bet with this hand oop with this stack size with a hand that doesn't flop well like 77.
If called on dry flops as you are utg you have a stronger perceived range and should get a ton of folds with a standard continuation bet.

Last edited:
N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
min raise and see what happens
if they 3bet you fold
post flop c-bet,semi bluff
if you hit a 7 in flop you can check for value

Agreed with everything, but wouldn't check for value, would keep c-beting with small amount..

Not sure why but if the guy behind me keep calling or check-raise is a trigger for me to run away from it.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all your picture is too small,you should use gyazo to post picture.Also not much info.I would say fold.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why all-in? You can make 2-3 bb raise and saw opponent reaction.
If tight player call - be careful, if re-raise all-in you need to fold. Very easy.

Kelly60

Kelly60

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With 7 7 I need good implied odds so UTG I would more than likely fold, but if I knew the opponents stack sizes and had some info on how they play I might chance a min raise or 2.5 X and retreat to any resistance. I definitely wouldn't go all-in or raise too high you might force a short stack with 2 high cards to go all-in, the bubble is close and you are in good shape for it, a flip for a large portion of your stack just isn't worth the risk to steal only 6% of your stack.

More info would be good luizmarinho. Is it possible to output a text hand history from Universal Replayer?

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't see the stacks from your opponents but i asume they aren't all short, but if they are shove. 5 handed i would minraise. You have to many big blinds to shove even if there were antes. Fold is out of question imo.

Folding in Poker