pocket tens

CACADETORO

CACADETORO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a tournament play there are 15 players left and only top 10 get paid
you are about avg in chips blinds are 300/600 you are bb and get dealt pocket 10s well the chip leader raises min at the table and 2 calls and then it's up to you. flop comes 10h 9h Jc chip leader bet's the pot and #2 and #3 go all in, and you are sittin' with a set of tens I am not sure If i want to play my set and get sucked out to a flush or staright or they could of allready floped the staright playin' ak right. so I muck my cards

chip leader calls .. everyone shows

chip leader has Ah9c
#2 has 5h 3h
#3 has 9d 9s

Oh brother I find out I am winnin' i was fav in the hand. well i had the better hand. turn comes Ac and river Ad lol chip leader wins and knock's out 2 players, thank goodness I mucked my cards.

This has to be the right move right?

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing you can just about be sure of is that any flush possibility on the board means someone has it. Playing any 2 suited cards appears to be all the rage right now and I'm always very wary. In the hand you describe I would probably have called it and lost. But there's no way to protect yourself from runner-runner hits...

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will be hard to fold the set but since there are THREE players, two of which are all in. The odds of you winning are not very good, considering the flush and straight draws. So yeah, I think it was a right move.

S

shwingzilla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CACADETORO said:
In a tournament play there are 15 players left and only top 10 get paid
you are about avg in chips blinds are 300/600 you are bb and get dealt pocket 10s well the chip leader raises min at the table and 2 calls and then it's up to you. flop comes 10h 9h Jc chip leader bet's the pot and #2 and #3 go all in, and you are sittin' with a set of tens I am not sure If i want to play my set and get sucked out to a flush or staright or they could of allready floped the staright playin' ak right. so I muck my cards

chip leader calls .. everyone shows

chip leader has Ah9c
#2 has 5h 3h
#3 has 9d 9s

Oh brother I find out I am winnin' i was fav in the hand. well i had the better hand. turn comes Ac and river Ad lol chip leader wins and knock's out 2 players, thank goodness I mucked my cards.

This has to be the right move right?

I got almost that exact same flop a few games ago, and with pocket tens. I didn't bet enough to get out the straight drawers and sucked out. Good story eh?

But back on topic, I woulda folded this hand, even against suckers.

B

BIGJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with IrishDave that with 3 callers it's almost certain someone has the flush draw. As well, a K/Q or 7/8 holding is likely with no one raising large before the flop. I don't think it's a terrible move to call as even though you may be beat you still have 7 outs on the turn and 10 on the river. I'd probably fold unless I was in a gambling mood :)